Chip Bowers Fired.

HanleyDavidson

Seems abrupt. Didn't he come in with high accolades namely helping to make the Golden State Warriors a big deal? Hadn't we heard that he was doing good things thus far? Did something happen or did they not like his changes? And I wonder if anything that he did change gets removed or reversed. If so, I hope Billy the Marlin goes back to being normal looking. I hope this isn't a sign of Jeter being impatient and making rash Loria level decisions when things aren't working. If it is, then we're all fucked. 

My guess pure speculation. This will be something along the lines of banging a co-worker/inappropriate workplace behavior. 

Maybe not as specific as what you’re listing but it would seem premature to fire him now based on performance related measures as you suggest 

Maybe not as specific as what you’re listing but it would seem premature to fire him now based on performance related measures as you suggest 

Exactly. Patience patience patience and then fire one of your top guys not even 18 months into his tenure? That's almost beyond Loria level if you think about it. Chip didn't get to finish even two months of the first season of the real start of the community rebranding that he was so much involved with. Very odd. 

Guess this is part of the overall "rebuild", hire, fire, trade. No one seems safe.

This guy seemed like he wanted to improve the experience, and it's hard to blame him for low attendance when the team can't find ways to win.

Maybe he did get caught doing something, but this whole thing seems odd.