MLB The Show 20

Wow that's huge! Major props to Operation Sports for this. But I'm very curious how this happened behind the scenes because they always said they couldn't do this because they don't get the rights to players until they join the MLBPA which isn't until they're called up so basically wondering how they were able to get the rights to all these minor leaguers.

Wow that's huge! Major props to Operation Sports for this. But I'm very curious how this happened behind the scenes because they always said they couldn't do this because they don't get the rights to players until they join the MLBPA which isn't until they're called up so basically wondering how they were able to get the rights to all these minor leaguers.

I really really hope it involves some monetary kickback for the minor league players.

Especially cause it looks like they got some pretty big in-game sponsorship ...

[MEDIA=twitter]1227386289315602433[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

There will be no money given to the minor league players for this. Part of their initial contract that their name and likeness can just be used.

So then I wonder why they never did it before? Maybe just by choice? That would mean it was a lie that they couldn't use them.

So then I wonder why they never did it before? Maybe just by choice? That would mean it was a lie that they couldn't use them.

They had OperationSports help them out since they usually made a minor league roster anyways. They didn't have the time or resources before.

They had OperationSports help them out since they usually made a minor league roster anyways. They didn't have the time or resources before.

Well ss much as I love SDS for this game this isn't the first time they've been caught in a lie with their explanations for things. I can fully understand them not having the time to put hundreds of minor leaguers into the game because I know their studio is incredibly small for the massive game they put out. But don't go and tell me you don't have the rights to do something when you definitely do.

Yeah, it's in the player's contract that they sign initially that MLB can basically do whatever they feel like with their name and likeness. If it means putting them in a video game without requiring permission, there it is.

Anyone going to do some spring training in franchise mode now that we have a full system of real players? I usually skip that and go right to regular season

I recently finished playing every game of the 2019 season using one of the full-minors rosters on the vault. It was a blast -- though it took months to do. I still don't want to play the ST games in 2020, but I think it would be a good idea because one of the things I learned from playing every game: I was a good enough hitter and pitcher that each of my player's ratings increased every month. So playing all the ST games would be like a shot in the arm of your top prospects (assuming you're good at playing the game).

For funsies, this is the 2019 lineup I ended up reaching the playoffs with (because trading is broken AF in The Show):

CF Bryan Reynolds

3B Joey Gallo (71 HR vs Legend difficulty)

1B Dan Vogelbach

RF Ben Paulsen (nifty little 40 HR season)

LF Franmil Reyes

2B Scooter Gennett

SS Brian Anderson

C Austin Hedges

And my rotation was Caleb Smith, Sandy Alcantara, and a handful of Japanese (NPB) pitchers that were free agents in ST.

Anyone going to do some spring training in franchise mode now that we have a full system of real players? I usually skip that and go right to regular season

That sounds so fun. Back when I played franchise/season more I remember using ST to settle my own roster decisions. I can't imagine playing the full spring but definitely a few select ones to get a feel for whoever needed to prove themselves.

I can't decide between the MVP edition and Digital Deluxe edition still, someone help me decide.

What's the difference and do you really use the extra stuff? I've never felt like The Show's extra things are worth it, they're nothing you can't just earn on your own. They're fine if you want them but nothing that's must have. If anything the version just one level up from standard usually has enough.

What's the difference and do you really use the extra stuff? I've never felt like The Show's extra things are worth it, they're nothing you can't just earn on your own. They're fine if you want them but nothing that's must have. If anything the version just one level up from standard usually has enough.

The one that is one level up is the MVP edition.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/mlb-the-show-20-ps4/?emcid=se-pi-232696&ds_rl=1277884&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItpy8nt_g5wIVia3tCh0AVA6PEAAYASAAEgIqXvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&cn=search&semdid=43700050768448297&semid=

All the editions are broken down there.

MVP looks good to me, I'd even be good with Standard though but that's totally just me. I've splurged in the past on The Show and it never felt worth it. But if you have the money and are gonna play plenty then by all means treat yourself to Digital Deluxe. It's a game, have fun.