Austin Brice designated for assignment (Warning: Thread has nothing to do with Brice)

Admin

The fact that nobody in the Miami media covering this team really pressed this front office on that decision (DFA Wittgren) is just a testament to how fucking bad the media is in Miami.

I wrote this after it happened:

"The Marlins also traded reliable relief pitcher Nick Wittgren to the Cleveland Indians for relative unknown Jordan Milbrath, also a relief pitcher. Wittgren’s 125 ERA+ in 2018 was the best mark on the Miami Marlins, while Milbrath, who like Wittgren is 27-years-old, hasn’t appeared in the majors yet. Between the Indians’ double- and triple-A affiliates last season, he put up a 3.96 ERA and a 1.445 WHIP, with 61 K’s in 63 2/3 innings. For contrast, Wittgren has a 1.277 WHIP and a 3.60 career ERA in three major league seasons."

It's funny, I seem to remember being a little more critical about it, but when I search Marlin Maniac, this is the only thing I found. Maybe I'm remembering being harsher on Twitter.

I wrote this after it happened:

"The Marlins also traded reliable relief pitcher Nick Wittgren to the Cleveland Indians for relative unknown Jordan Milbrath, also a relief pitcher. Wittgren’s 125 ERA+ in 2018 was the best mark on the Miami Marlins, while Milbrath, who like Wittgren is 27-years-old, hasn’t appeared in the majors yet. Between the Indians’ double- and triple-A affiliates last season, he put up a 3.96 ERA and a 1.445 WHIP, with 61 K’s in 63 2/3 innings. For contrast, Wittgren has a 1.277 WHIP and a 3.60 career ERA in three major league seasons."

It's funny, I seem to remember being a little more critical about it, but when I search Marlin Maniac, this is the only thing I found. Maybe I'm remembering being harsher on Twitter.

Ya but do you have any direct access or relationships with any members of the Marlins? Those are the media members I'm critical about.

Ya but do you have any direct access or relationships with any members of the Marlins? Those are the media members I'm critical about.

A few...nothing official though. They don't recognize me as an "actual" member of the media. The only way I get to speak with guys is through PM on Twitter. I've only been consistently in touch with Robert Dugger, Jordan Yamamoto, Trevor Richards, and quite a few of the minor league guys. When they're just starting out, and/or haven't appeared in the majors yet, they're far more likely to respond to a query on Twitter from a "non-media" media type. I try, but I can only do so much.

• Like 1

A few...nothing official though. They don't recognize me as an "actual" member of the media. The only way I get to speak with guys is through PM on Twitter. I've only been consistently in touch with Robert Dugger, Jordan Yamamoto, Trevor Richards, and quite a few of the minor league guys. When they're just starting out, and/or haven't appeared in the majors yet, they're far more likely to respond to a query on Twitter from a "non-media" media type. I try, but I can only do so much.

I respect ya for going out and getting what you can - keep being good to them and reputable and you'll get more and more access, I'm sure.

• Like 1