May 5, 20206 yr Nope. I can't get into something I don't follow in some capacity. Yeah this. I can't believe how many people are excited about this. I never watched KBO once, this is great for real KBO fans but this is nothing to me.
May 5, 20206 yr I can't get into something I don't follow in some capacity. I just realized this describes your addiction to stalking.
May 8, 20206 yr I couldn't watch it either. I don't know the players, history, rivals, storylines, etc. Yes, I guess i could go spend countless hours researching, etc but it's not like this shit will ever be on again, with any regularity, once the world goes back to normal so why bother? Also, it's bizarre not having any fans at the games - make what jokes you want about how we should all be used to it but....it's just weird....and boring.
May 9, 20206 yr Also, it's bizarre not having any fans at the games - make what jokes you want about how we should all be used to it but....it's just weird....and boring I had someone tell me that if any sport can be done without a crowd it's baseball because the players don't feed off the crowd as much as other sports.
May 9, 20206 yr Also, it's bizarre not having any fans at the games - make what jokes you want about how we should all be used to it but....it's just weird....and boring. I find KBO games boring with or without fans. It is definitely weird having no fans, but I'm waiting to watch a Marlins game with that situation. I have high hopes that it won't be boring and the fan aspect will matter less.
May 9, 20206 yr I find KBO games boring with or without fans. It is definitely weird having no fans, but I'm waiting to watch a Marlins game with that situation. I have high hopes that it won't be boring and the fan aspect will matter less. It will be different if baseball goes that route simply because we're actually familiar with the players so we do have a vested interest. I think trying to watch something where you MAYBE know 1 or 2 names (because they flamed out of MLB) isn't exactly a recipe for success. MLB will still lack a lot of the excitement it normally has without fans cheering too, but certainly nowhere near the level of desperate I'd have to be to watch KBO for any length. You might get to hear some colorful words and phrases though due to the silence. Players are saying you can hear conversations in the other dugout and dudes talking on the field.
May 9, 20206 yr I had someone tell me that if any sport can be done without a crowd it's baseball because the players don't feed off the crowd as much as other sports. Every sport (save golf) feeds off the crowd. Pfft.
May 9, 20206 yr It will be different if baseball goes that route simply because we're actually familiar with the players so we do have a vested interest. I think trying to watch something where you MAYBE know 1 or 2 names (because they flamed out of MLB) isn't exactly a recipe for success. MLB will still lack a lot of the excitement it normally has without fans cheering too, but certainly nowhere near the level of desperate I'd have to be to watch KBO for any length. You might get to hear some colorful words and phrases though due to the silence. Players are saying you can hear conversations in the other dugout and dudes talking on the field. I remember years ago my dad and I went to an evening game against the Cincinatti Reds at Sun Pro Life Land Shark Stadium, and there was a LONG rain delay, to the point where the game didn't restart until like 11 if not midnight. We decided to stay through it, and by the time it restarted, nearly everyone left - there must have been 50 people if that left. We obviously moved down closer to the field, but you could hear everything the guys were saying on the field, and some things would echo off the other side of the stadium and back. I remember there was this guy next to us heckling Adam Dunn, and after a while Dunn kept looking over at the guy like WTF. lol It was weird but cool being at a game with that few people there.
May 10, 20206 yr I remember years ago my dad and I went to an evening game against the Cincinatti Reds at Sun Pro Life Land Shark Stadium, and there was a LONG rain delay, to the point where the game didn't restart until like 11 if not midnight. We decided to stay through it, and by the time it restarted, nearly everyone left - there must have been 50 people if that left. We obviously moved down closer to the field, but you could hear everything the guys were saying on the field, and some things would echo off the other side of the stadium and back. I remember there was this guy next to us heckling Adam Dunn, and after a while Dunn kept looking over at the guy like WTF. lol It was weird but cool being at a game with that few people there. I remember there was a White Sox game like that (or I think it was them) where there had been a blizzard or something and the city was pretty much immobilized. But the field was in good shape and they held the game and made it free to anyone who wanted to come and I swear there were only about 20 people or something. I just remember seeing it on ESPN.
May 12, 20206 yr Lol for what it’s worth, I am checking out this game. Two ex Marlins ironically starting vs each other today. odrisamer despaigne vs drew rucinski. The pitching match up from hell ?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.