Marlins season paused following positive COVID tests

And I love Phillies fans who continue to make it sound like the Marlins tricked them into playing. The Phillies knew the situation and decided to take the field. And the league let both teams play. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Erick said:

I don’t understand why it’s not mandatory to wear a mask while playing to begin with.

Some players are doing it, and they’re doing just fine. It didn’t bother Didi Gregorius against us.

Because freedom or some bullshit.

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I heard the strip club story go down to just someone going out for food... you think social media would find that any better? 

If it was going out for food somewhere besides a strip club, sure. Maybe. Probably not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Michael said:

If it was going out for food somewhere besides a strip club, sure. Maybe. Probably not.

If that even happened it would be nice to hear that player never tests positive. Would mean it wasn't even their fault. 

13 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I heard the strip club story go down to just someone going out for food... you think social media would find that any better? 

I doubt it'd change anyone's opinion. The teams are being provided with 24/7 room service in the hotel to persuade them to not leave the premises. I wonder why this is optional and a request, rather than mandatory.

I still don't think people are giving the timeline enough thought. It could be up to a 2 week period before the virus pops up but from Atlanta to the first positive test was like 2-3 days. It's entirely possible this was contracted way earlier. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I still don't think people are giving the timeline much of a thought. It could be up to a 2 week period before the virus pops up but from Atlanta to the first positive test was like 2-3 days. It's entirely possible this was contracted way earlier. 

True, it could've began in Miami.

Also they found out about Alfaro Friday morning so I'm assuming his test was taken on Thursday. From the alleged Tuesday night "disruption" to some point Thursday is less than 48 hours. 

That's two teams now unable to play indefinitely, what does Manfred do?

At least it is easier to unveil a new schedule with an even amount of teams.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I wonder which players made the final decision.

Anyways, genuinely curious if this means they expect positive Phillies players because technically there are none this moment so they could play if that stayed the same. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Do you guys realize how much Todd Hollandaise hasn't said this week? 

I'm sure he's at the kitchen table with his wife doing it.

"My goodness, these mashed potatoes are good. Listen. I played with a guy once who hated baked potatoes but he loved french fries. Funny enough we once went out to dinner and he got no potatoes at all"

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

"My goodness, these mashed potatoes are good. Listen. I played with a guy once who hated baked potatoes but he loved french fries. Funny enough we once went out to dinner and he got no potatoes at all"

"I guess my point is I really enjoy these potatoes."

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Michael said:

"I guess my point is I really enjoy these potatoes."

I got tired, I figured he'd keep going for another 5 mins and ran out of material.

8 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

No arm side run? 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Fuck!

TH: "Remember honey when you're mashing the potatoes use your arm side run to get the most efficiency."

Wife: "WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!"

TH: "Efficiency? Best work done in the shortest amount of time without sacrificing quality, now let me tell you about sacrifices, ho ho ho, one time in my rookie year (I won rookie of the year by the way, see the plaquard right there, it's quite nice), I had been called to sacrifice bunt and I decided "nah" and swung and drove in the winning run but then La Sorda benched me so listen I guess my point is always listen to your coaches, ha ha ha."

Wife, shaking with rage: "I'M GOING TO ARM SIDE RUN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD!"

TH: "My love, that makes no sense."

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

"Arm-side run" is a common baseball term. I'm not sure if ya'll are memeing right.

Pretty sure Todd doesn't know how to use it right though. 

I believe Rojas was hit by a pitch the other day and Todd said arm side run.