9/20: Nationals at Marlins, Game 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

That's what I was saying earlier in here, he has behind home plate at least four times in the past week in our games.

Crew Chief gets to choose? IDK. Has it been this same crew since the Phillies series?

Just now, SonOfJack said:

I think so

So, 15 games, everyone except one ump should be behind the plate four times. If this is Joe's 4th then so be it.

Maybe Joe likes taking game 1 of the DHs behind the plate cause he knows he'll be less tired and thus more able to do it instead of game 2.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

So, 15 games, everyone except one ump should be behind the plate four times. If this is Joe's 4th then so be it.

Maybe Joe likes taking game 1 of the DHs behind the plate cause he knows he'll be less tired and thus more able to do it instead of game 2.

I'm not sure if he was ump for any of the non-doubleheader days. Too lazy to check.

34 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Again, I ain't anti-Brinson (I too want him seeing more playing time), but Joyce has a higher xwOBA than Brinson, and Brinson has been mostly protected against good RHP. That's the kind of data FOs look at.

So until Joyce stops using his good eye to take walks and put balls in play, he's still a better bet than Brinson to help score some runs, even though Brinson's really come into his own vs LHP this year.

The thing is that Brinson has come into his own vs both LHP and RHP this year. Donnie just won't ever give him AB's vs RHP so most of his AB's vs them are still from early in the season when he wasn't having much success against anyone.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

DVH the other day was saying that West would have game 2 of the DH off.  So maybe it's similar here.

Just now, rmc523 said:

DVH the other day was saying that West would have game 2 of the DH off.  So maybe it's similar here.

Have it ... off?? Is there a fifth umpire?

Just now, Michael said:

Have it ... off?? Is there a fifth umpire?

Yeah, there usually is in case one of the umpires has to leave unexpectedly due to injury or something.

Just now, rmc523 said:

Yeah, there usually is in case one of the umpires has to leave unexpectedly due to injury or something.

From what I've seen, there usually isn't a fifth umpire, if one of them has to leave, they just roll with three.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

There is a 5th umpire for doubleheaders. HP ump only works one game so Game 2's HP ump is not currently on the field for this one. West won't ump anywhere in Game 2.

Ah, OK. That makes more sense.