Marlins Interested in Mel Rojas, Jr.

16 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If he's cheap it might be worth a shot as an option... just as long as they don't depend on him to be the leader of our offense.

I'm hearing he's only gotten Minor League offers so if we swoop in and say, "guaranteed MLB deal" it might be a REALLY cheap deal.

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

I'm hearing he's only gotten Minor League offers so if we swoop in and say, "guaranteed MLB deal" it might be a REALLY cheap deal.

If that’s the case and you can get him in the league minimum to ~$1M territory then that’s fine. But as I’ve said before, I don’t really see talent transfer well from the KBO to the big leagues so I feel there’s probably a pretty big difference in the level of pitcher he’s facing over there.

9 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I agree, I feel like it’s more like an independent league with those “I work at Costco in the offseason but I’m surprisingly good at baseball” types

Ehhh better than that, though. Maybe High A?

• Like 1

Generally, foreign players' stats at KBO league was overestimated, especially foreign hitters. Overall KBO pitchers' level wasn't good enough. Maybe AA or somewhere of between AAA and AA.

The bottom line is DO NOT PAY MUCH MONEY IN THE MARKET. 

56 minutes ago, Bret Hart said:

Generally, foreign players' stats at KBO league was overestimated, especially foreign hitters. Overall KBO pitchers' level wasn't good enough. Maybe AA or somewhere of between AAA and AA.

The bottom line is DO NOT PAY MUCH MONEY IN THE MARKET. 

Yeah, it's why I say no to this signing. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Are we sure this tweet is about baseball? Maybe he bought a ps5 and isn't sure which room in his house he'll put it in? 

You just misunderstand my post, I mean he has no the "TICK" in his Twitter account, it's just rare to a famous person like him. 

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Are we sure this tweet is about baseball? Maybe he bought a ps5 and isn't sure which room in his house he'll put it in? 

6 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

You just misunderstand my post, I mean he has no the "TICK" in his Twitter account, it's just rare to a famous person like him. 

Ah, the verified checkmark is what you mean. There's a lot of famous people without it. And many people who have it where it makes no sense whatsoever!

6 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Yeah, it's why I say no to this signing. 

Anyways, if he comes cheap (to me, $5M or less), then you do it. It won't be as if he shows up and bats .230 with a .615 OPS, that most likely would not happen.

• Like 1