6/7 at Red Sox - 5:10 p.m.

SonOfJack

The amount of patience for some of these players this year is really something.

It’s a shame Campbell got caught with PED’s, he would’ve hung around for all 162 games. 

• Haha 2

I gotta say, as someone who has been a fan since the '92 Expansion Draft, there just comes a point when you get tired of the mismanagement and the terrible level of play from this team.   Right now, I hate this team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I gotta say, as someone who has been a fan since the '92 Expansion Draft, there just comes a point when you get tired of the mismanagement and the terrible level of play from this team.   Right now, I hate this team.

I’ve never hated a Marlins team more than this one to be honest lol.

• Like 1

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

I don’t recall a more dysfunctional team across the board and I’ve been a fan since the expansion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I would only trade Marte if the other team overpaid with some good prospects.... Duvall, Aggy, Dickerson, can go... Berti too

I would keep Aguilar too. I doubt he’ll be that expensive to keep, and I doubt we’d get a great prospect for him. 

Plus, the way this organization has been evaluating hitting prospects, the guy coming back will probably be bad.

I would keep Starling, Aguilar & MiggyRo.,

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, FishFry said:

As long as they are spenders next year. 

I am giving this ownership until next April, they have the young kids and the money to go out and build around them with good FA veterans.... If they still wanna go the patch-work cheap route next year, fuck 'em

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

This is the benchmark:

I get the sentiment but trading him is the correct move.  He's 32 years old.  How much longer do you think he's going to continue to play like this?  

I'd check in with San Diego.  They are all in on winning now and are desperate for OF help.  They just might overpay.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Erick said:

I would keep Aguilar too. I doubt he’ll be that expensive to keep, and I doubt we’d get a great prospect for him. 

Plus, the way this organization has been evaluating hitting prospects, the guy coming back will probably be bad.

I would keep Starling, Aguilar & MiggyRo.,

Aggy frustrates me with his pop=ups... Reminds me of Cerrano sometimes from Major League.... I'd deal him too if there is an overpay... He is (for how much longer) an NL RBI leader and there might be some value in that

3 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

By the way, nobody wants Dickerson and Duvall in the deadline …

Given his track record the last couple years, I can see a team going after Duvall for cheap as a bench bat and defensive replacement. Dickerson would be a harder sell, but that doesn't mean he can't be moved. Probably both would be only worth lotto picks at this point, though.

7 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I get the sentiment but trading him is the correct move.  He's 32 years old.  How much longer do you think he's going to continue to play like this?  

I'd check in with San Diego.  They are all in on winning now and are desperate for OF help.  They just might overpay.  

Is the new front office ever going to pay anybody?