7/16 at Phillies - 4:05 p.m (Doubleheader)

SonOfJack

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

I wanna like Jazz but he really needs to take his game to another level; I think he's ca[able of much better

Who knows if he’s capable, he’s honestly not shown that much. 

6 minutes ago, mk613 said:

Jazz is frustrating as all hell..is D is meh and his ab’s are jus mind boggling at times 

He's either great or makes you go "wtf".  There's not much in between.

Just now, cyoung said:

He's either great or makes you go "wtf".  There's not much in between.

And that’s a big problem especially since the “great” is not that often 

• Like 1

Jazz has been OK for his first full year.  Has he regressed from where he started the season? Definitely.  He's still shown quite a bit potential - far more than any other prospect bats we've had up.  What it so curious to me is how much his defense has tapered off.  He was making highlight reel play after play for seemingly the first month or so then the errors start popping up and he started whiffing on balls hit right to him.  I'm hoping it's just a case of wide-eyed wonderment and he's thoroughly just really enjoying being up in the bigs.  There was that lengthy story on him earlier this year and he started doing awful when the Dbacks basically told him to temper his personality.  This season is a lost cause anyway so I'm hoping he'll continue taking his lumps and work with Rojas (assuming he's not traded) in the offseason at nailing down some of the little things.  It's pretty clear Jazz has some ridiculous talent in him - if you could bring Rojas' drive to become the best he could be and combine with that Jazz's raw talent you'd have a helluva ballplayer.  I'm just hoping he really takes the offseason to heart and busts his ass to add some polish to his game since he'll now have plenty of video and results to pore over.

Rogers R.O.Y.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mk613 said:

Does jazz have like a mitten on one of his hands?

yeah think i've seen a few guys wear them when they're stealing bases.  Maybe helps avoid hand injuries or something?

Just now, Hotcorner said:

yeah think i've seen a few guys wear them when they're stealing bases.  Maybe helps avoid hand injuries or something?

Yeah even Marte has one on