Favorite type of pie

SonOfJack

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

salty and sweet are a perfect pairing which is why nuts are perfect for candy bars - plus you get that bonus of texture.  ya'll go play with your pixie sticks. 

also, those paper cones you can get with the candied hot pecans, almonds, or walnuts are amazing.  Those might be the PERFECT candy.

I don't like the salty/sweet combo.  If I want salty, I want salty, if I want sweet, I want sweet.  I don't want to taste salty with my sweet....

51 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't like the salty/sweet combo.  If I want salty, I want salty, if I want sweet, I want sweet.  I don't want to taste salty with my sweet....

You still eat off those school trays with a little compartment for everything so nothing touches?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I don't like nuts in brownies either!   Ruins a good brownie to me!

I agree with no nuts in brownies, the Little Debbie ones you'd get as a kid I would always scrape the nuts off of those.

But as for candy there are many different types of candy and there's definitely a place for nuts in some candy bars. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree with no nuts in brownies, the Little Debbie ones you'd get as a kid I would always scrape the nuts off of those.

But as for candy there are many different types of candy and there's definitely a place for nuts in some candy bars. 

I agree with the brownies as well. I think for me, when nuts are in brownies they get weirdly soft and even chewy from all the moisture in the brownie and they don't taste or feel like nuts. And I know what nuts should feel like in my mouth !😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hovertical said:

I agree with the brownies as well. I think for me, when nuts are in brownies they get weirdly soft and even chewy from all the moisture in the brownie and they don't taste or feel like nuts. And I know what nuts should feel like in my mouth !😁

I also prefer fudgy brownies to cakey ones.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I also prefer fudgy brownies to cakey ones.

Omg yes I don't know why cake style brownies are even a thing, completely different texture and not what a brownie is supposed to be. For that might as well just have chocolate cake.

Also, cake like donuts are far inferior to doughy donuts but they only get a pass because they are suitable for those who like dipping their donuts in coffee. 

My wife finally came home with that blueberry pie I've been craving for weeks and no joke it turns out I've got covid and lost my sense of taste.

What. The. Fuck. 

Not trying to make a joke of covid but this is a pretty ironic and twisted turn of events after all this hype for that damn blueberry pie. 

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

My wife finally came home with that blueberry pie I've been craving for weeks and no joke it turns out I've got covid and lost my sense of taste.

What. The. Fuck. 

Not trying to make a joke of covid but this is a pretty ironic and twisted turn of events after all this hype for that damn blueberry pie. 

I feel you dude. I never regained my sense of taste or smell  for coffee or lemon. Hopefully yours comes back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Ok I lied, I like a good slice of lemon meringue pie but that is the only way I like lemon really.

no to lemonade?  lemon in iced tea?  lemon chicken?  lemonheads? lemon squeezed on seafood? greek potatoes? 

15 minutes ago, hovertical said:

no to lemonade?  lemon in iced tea?  lemon chicken?  lemonheads? lemon squeezed on seafood? greek potatoes? 

I only drink water and coffee. 

Lemon chicken I never tried. I would be willing to try it.