Javier Baez is an idiot

SilverBullet

MLB wants to push young stars with personalities but way too many of those personalities are also disrespectful punks and Javier Baez is dragging the Mets down to even lower levels of "Mets gonna Met"... apparently Baez, Lindor, Pillar, and Stroman think it's ok to disrespect your fanbase. I'm glad the Mets have already spoken out against this. This is unacceptable...

https://nypost.com/2021/08/29/mets-javier-baezs-foolish-war-with-fans-is-colossal-mistake/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/30/sports/baseball/mets-fans-thumbs-down.html?referringSource=articleShare

I loved this quote about Derek Jeter being booed in NY:

At some point all the great ones have been booed in New York, even Derek Jeter, who heard it from the Yankee Stadium crowd during a brutal hitless streak in 2004. This is what he said in response: “I would boo myself too.”

Jeter explained that he would change nothing about the fans’ passion, and that he wanted to be held to their highest standards. He said this after he had won four of his five World Series titles.

For all the frustrations about Jeter and the Marlins this season I'm so glad to have that guy as our leader with his mindset as far as winning and playing the game right being the bottom line. I genuinely cannot imagine the Marlins doing anything like this under Jeter.

I'm no Mets fan but Steve Cohen has to put his foot down immediately and change the attitudes there. He has a chance to really change the culture around the Mets and players like Baez need to be held accountable and preferably removed from the organization entirely.

And I feel bad for Luis Rojas on this one. Not sure how well he can handle this with his inexperience. Not that he can't but I'm saying it's not like Dusty Baker walking into the clubhouse putting a stop to this with one flick of a toothpick. Rojas may have some serious work to do here, as if he doesn't have enough to worry about with the on field issues.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

For all the frustrations about Jeter and the Marlins this season I'm so glad to have that guy as our leader with his mindset as far as winning and playing the game right being the bottom line. I genuinely cannot imagine the Marlins doing anything like this under Jeter.

I'm no Mets fan but Steve Cohen has to put his foot down immediately and change the attitudes there. He has a chance to really change the culture around the Mets and players like Baez need to be held accountable and preferably removed from the organization entirely.

And I feel bad for Luis Rojas on this one. Not sure how well he can handle this with his inexperience. Not that he can't but I'm saying it's not like Dusty Baker walking into the clubhouse putting a stop to this with one flick of a toothpick. Rojas may have some serious work to do here, as if he doesn't have enough to worry about with the on field issues.

Luis Rojas should be fired immediately for not controlling the clubhouse.

Javier Baez should be DFA'd immediately as well.

As it is, Rojas WILL be sacked on Black Monday as it is. I would be SHOCKED if he lasted any longer. 

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Leadership can only take Jeter so far. To be fair, what has he actually done as a positive BESIDES improve the farm system with amazing pitching depth that we as the fan base can point to as achievable success on the major league level, whether it be statistically or financially. I know some fans are not too interested in the business of sports, but it plays an integral role as the Marlins’ finances are more barren then other clubs, even with a new tv deal and naming rights deal. Marlins aren’t signing any $100-$200 million dollar contracts this winter, which is fine, but they need to make sound moves. Not including shortened 2020, in 17,18,19, and 21, Marlins didn’t do shit. Yes, players share blame, but ultimately, I believe it’s on Jeter for not establishing enough of a winning culture. I also am waiting to see when the Marlins are gunna ask the city to pay for improvements and maintenance of the stadium in the future as a “covid favor” for using the site as a testing facility/vaccination center. Just a thought. But hitters should be priority #1 in the off-season. High OBP guys for the cheap. Moneyball style if u have to. Just please have a good 162 for once 🙏🏼 If Sixto can hopefully come back at some point and we have better hitting depth with our current pitching depth, then MAYBE we can make an actual postseason push. Fair or foul? (no pun intended lol)

the Mets situation is straight comedy 😂

Edited by Italian Marlins Fan