Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Ram

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jay Ram

  1. Considering there is absolutely nobody in our system at second base that looks like a major leaguer outside of Avery Romero, who is like 3 years away and not that good anyway, I would say he's the long term guy (long term being at least 3 years). Let's hope he can develop average competence with that glove because if Avery Romero is the next best thing...
  2. Lol Charlie Lowell's back.
  3. I tried to give a damn about them this year. My heart still wants to, but at this point we have to understand this organization is managed poorly and expectations we set are too much.
  4. I love Morris Me don't understand
  5. Wow, when Law said Jennings was old school he wasn't playing. Shooting for pitcher with good ERA w/o considering peripherals. This is bad guys. This is ugly.
  6. Traded a draft pick for a Pirates reliever. So bad.
  7. With the move today its obvious they are getting ready to draft a player at the top that will command a little more money:mischief2 Move today?
  8. I would like Rodon but it's not like Aiken or Jackson would be dissapointing either. I'm just as excited about other three first day picks. Should be a great day to be a Marlins fan.
  9. Jay Ram replied to Rydawg's topic in Miami Marlins
    Seriously, don't count Wallach yet. Anybody can hit in Greensboro. Lol, I said he profiles as a backup. He was a college fourth round pick. He can be in the mix.
  10. He's locked up plenty of players, both internally and via free agency. The track record proves he's willing to spend, however, it also proves he will trade. By the time we would want to trade him, his veteran no trade clause will be in effect anyway. That's true, I was moreso thinking that he hadn't signed a player this close to free agency to a big deal last time he had the chance (Cabrera). We all hope, obviously.
  11. Jay Ram replied to Rydawg's topic in Miami Marlins
    A little too soon? He's 23 and been in our system since 2010. I think that's enough time. It's not about age. People develop differently. He's having a good 1/3 season in AA but hasn't been consistent since he's been in the org. Let's hope it's a positive week for him. I think catching depth is actually solid on the farm right now though. Wallach, Barnes, Realmuto, Brantly. Backups out the ass.
  12. They have the money, they're looking to compete in the near future, and they'll have another PR nightmare if he gets traded for whatever reason. They're also not stupid enough to just let him walk. I believe they're going to sign him for the long run That all sounds good but it ignores a history that suggests it won't happen.
  13. This. What reason is there to beleive this ownership would do this? Interested in why you beleive this.
  14. Not a fact. What do you think is the likeliest to happen, he gets extended or traded?
  15. I guess the great thing about him potentially playing 150 games and finishing in the top two or three in MVP voting means the haul for him will be very nice in the trade.
  16. Despite what some want to think, the Marlins are still pretty far from contention. You trade guys like Alvarez, Saltalamacchia, Jones, McGhee while they are at their highest values and get pieces that will be ready to help contribute when the team is ready to compete. I completely agree with you in theory, but I think the team will tread lightly on that. I hope they move Cishek to a hungry contender who needs a top bullpen arm and overvalues him, but I can't see Miami trading Salty. They've been so staunch about 'veteran leadership blah' that I can't see them ridding the main piece of that.
  17. Still think a young prep arm is the best route to take. Can't go wrong but the Jose scare also wants me to avoid a player who throws really hard without perfect mechanics. I haven't watched Aiken and Kolek to know though.
  18. I think pitching is the only thing they really need. They are pretty solid across the board offensively with a small question mark in the middle infield. The bullpen is awful and the rotation needs help now without Jose. Naaaa man. The Marlins have no infield. McGehee and Salty are playing way over their heads, and Jones and Hech still suck. Not to mention the future is still up in the air at second and center (though I like Ozuna and Deitrich). It's about filling those needs for the future. Pitching has depth in the minors and should be fine going forward.
  19. If that's how you define "imploding," then the stats absolutely say that he will implode. That's not me being "negative" or a "debbie downer." That's me simply communicating what the facts (the statistics) are loudly and definitively saying about Samardzija's performance thus far. Frisaro clearly did not even bother to look at the stats before he proclaimed that Samardzija was an ace. I'm done with your persistent negativity.
  20. Nick Gordon Marlins pick in new TTF mock (interesting) http://throughthefencebaseball.com/2014-mlb-mock-draft-8-0-top-45-picks/42874 I like the conpensation picks there. Would love AJ Reed too.
  21. Sure. Just get your checkbook ready... This is so great.
  22. The only "reality" is that today we are in first place. That is the here and now. After that it's anyone's guess where the fish will finish this season. Why is that so hard for you and your straw man to grasp? As far as Squall's post, there's nothing positive about it. To suggest he wants what is best for this team is what's disingenuous. He and others like him only want what's best for this team if it fits with their perception of the team. It's 'anyone's guess,' but reasonable projections based on past performance suggest it's improbable. You aren't really addressing my point. I doubt anyone here doesn't want Miami to win.
  23. So if the Marlins win the division we have no common sense? And... what about you? I don't get what you're doing.
  24. Being a "FAN" means cheering for your team to win and improve. It's seems to me that you are rooting for them to fail just to prove you are right. He seperates reality based on objective projections from emotions. He wants whats best for the team but he isn't dishonest or disingenous about where they stand. I don't know why that's been difficult to grasp by this crowd who resists common sense.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.