Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Ram

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jay Ram

  1. Eh. Eovaldi is throwing his slider at a career high % (24.2) and he's throwing it effectively. That's the difference for him right now and why he's getting a lot more ks and a lot more ground ball outs. It's pretty obvious he's really worked on that pitch and it's paying off handsomely. Unlike most of the braves pitchers, Eovaldi's peripherals are extremely sound and I see no reason why he won't continue his numbers throughout the year The dude is still only 24 and he's still evolving as pitcher, but I think he's certainly on the right track and could really be a key cog in the marlins rotation Fair points. If he's the No. 4 starter behind Jose, Rodon and Heaney we're good. Real good.
  2. Meanwhile Salty is already a 1.2 WAR player with career highs in BB% and ISO Salty is mashing. I don't even know what to do with that.
  3. If they take Rodon, then: Fernandez, Heaney, Rodon, Eovaldi, Alvarez. That's scary good. I'd still keep around maybe another 2 quality SP arms, because injuries and busts happen. h2r09's idea of keeping guys who will be useful in the bullpen is interesting. I'd maybe prefer to stash the 2 keep-around guys in AAA, though, and either using them when an SP goes down or trading them if their values get sufficiently high. There should be at least 2-3 decent arms left over, either for the bullpen or trades. Rodon or Aiken, it's going to be loaded. I like the idea. Get a bat for a few and keep a few.
  4. I think when it comes to baseball drafts except in rare cases whenever you get a player who becomes an every day player and contributes at an above replacement level then that is success imo. I mean, yea, if he becomes a decent regular it means he isn't a bust and at least you got some value, but it would just be dissapointing. He has a really nice hit tool though.
  5. No, he doesn't have to be a 20 homer guy over OPS over .800 to have an OBP of .380. But, sure, OBP maybe a little high. Let's say .350, then. But a .350 OBP with little power is very disappointing for a sixth overall pick.
  6. Eovaldi is definitely becoming a legit 2/3 I don't know. He's locating fastball well, but the secondary stuff isn't impressive. What happens when he loses a few mph?
  7. Remember, the team is probably taking a pitcher second overall in the draft this year too.
  8. He's most likely not going to be a #3/4/5 hitter so I really don't mind that. Be great in the 2-hole, to be honest, if he can keep his eye and high contact ability. If he can give 10 homers and have about a .380 OBP, I'll be totally fine with that up at the top of the lineup. That's a lot of pressure though. Asking a guy to give you .380. He's going to have to be a 20 HR guy, or more specifically, at least OPS over 80.
  9. I think Moran, like Yelich, will find a power stroke with time. Moran and Yelich have some room to grow into their bodies, but I think Yelich had a little more raw power. I hope they can both develop suitable power.
  10. Marcell
  11. Missed the game today, but I'll be at the stadium Sunday in hopes that Fernandez is starting that day. Jose Fernandez and Giancarlo Stanton are core players on a championship team. We aren't one now, but building a long term contender MUST contain those two players. A 21 year old who might be one of the two best pitchers in baseball, and a 24 year old who is likely the best pure power hitter in baseball are...well wait a minute this sounds like that 2003 season where we had that awesome 23 year old pitcher who won World Series MVP or something and that great hitter who won the triple crown or something... And now I'm sad. Don't make me sad Loria. Lock 'em up. The definition of insanity would be expecting a different result from Loria. Things will never work out with him. You will not see them both in a Marlin uniform long term.
  12. Rodon has still put together a good season and had a great last start. I'd take.
  13. even if we lose 90 even 80 games. That is a horrible record. 80 would be an average team. You also have to remember it's a rebuilding time and the team isn't realistically built to win right now.
  14. This teams no good, but I think they will be closer to 90 than 100. Don't react to a good or bad week. It'll even out.
  15. You guys clearly don't appreciate the value of intangibles. I mean... the guy won a *World Series* show some respect. Veteran leadership. Im ok with letting Red be and develop, but let's not act like the perception of intangibles come close to outweighing tangible facts.
  16. Before we start asking for Penguino we should probably let DD get more than 39ABs although DD does have some encouraing peripherals. His defense, however.... I think it's moreso that the kid OPS'd .850 twice in the minors, which is excellent for a middle infielder. The power is real.
  17. No, no no no no no. Like I said, we have Stanton under contract until 2016. It would be incredibly infuriating to let him go with 2 or 2 and a half seasons left that we could've kept the best power hitter in baseball. At some point I am going to say f*ck prospects, f*ck potential, f*ck all these projection players that are still unprovens, I want to keep the proven great hitter. You can't keep trading great players away for this promise of "building for the future". At some point you build for now. Last year was a build for the future. We're still in build for somewhat future, but we've got enough talent on this roster to compete each and every game. Get Stanton under contract long term, get him the money he deserves once he puts up a monster season (the team f*cked up its chances of getting him for a discount a long ass time ago) and build a damn contender around him. For once do what you have promised your fans countless times that you were going to do. Build a winning team. That includes Stanton. The moment you trade Stanton for whatever the f*ck you trade him for is the day you gave a big F U to winning and a big Loria sized grin to beating god awful cheapskates. I think the big F U to winning has already happened.
  18. Jay Ram replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    I was holding back saying it, but those are some of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board. By his logic, we should conclude with confidence that the Marlins will finish 2nd in the league in terms of runs scored per game. Or 4th in OPS. I gave up on the discussion on the last page.
  19. Marcell Ozuna, though.
  20. Jay Ram replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Disagree. The sample size includes both good and bad pitching teams. The sample size is indicative of a good hitting team. The concern is, and should be, on the defense and pitching. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk You are ignoring larger sample sizes of production that are more telling than the first 15 games of this year. It's a recency bias, which is a natural inclination, but it's a bias.
  21. Ya...Brad Hand kinda sucks. I've never been a fan of his. Makes me miss Jacob Turner a whole lot. Turner sucks. This pitching staff was overrated coming into the year.
  22. Jay Ram replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    He was talking about he rotation turning around. And if they get Rodon, who is an advanced prospect, then Fernandez + Heaney + Rodon is a potentially very strong front-end. Stop looking for reasons to just be angry and yell at posters. Right.
  23. Jay Ram replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Henderson Alvarez pitched like crap. It might be time to admit that this pitching staff isn't that great. Fernandez is awesome and Eovaldi looks a lot better this year, but that's about it. Absolutely. Everyone outside of Fernandez is a backend starter. Eovaldi has some promise but I'm not counting on it. I suspect that eith Heaney coming and the second pick in the draft likely being a pitcher this will turn around soon. But yea, the pitching was overrated.
  24. At some point this season, we may have to check out Mark Canha or Justin Bour at first this year. Dude's playing in the upper levels who have flashed in the minors before. Jones is a platoon player and we know he's not the future. Not saying the future is on the roster but it's worth a look.
  25. just lose 100 f***ing games again Oh cmon. They'll lose 90. One season at a time. I am starting to think the Marlins arent very good. You mean that warm and fuzzy Spring Training feeling meant nothing?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.