4/13 Postgame

Guest Vince0926

I dont think I can remember a more brutal road trip.

Alvarez got singled to death until the All-Star Will Nieves got his third hit of the game for a 2-run double.

And the worst part is when everything went down. Grand Slams in the 8th inning, 2-out 2-strike home run last night, 2-out home run tonight in the bottom of the 8th on a lefty-lefty matchup.

This could not have been a worse and more deflating road trip.

Henderson Alvarez pitched like crap. It might be time to admit that this pitching staff isn't that great. Fernandez is awesome and Eovaldi looks a lot better this year, but that's about it.

I was thinking that too. He was certainly very hittable but a at least 4-5 of the hits were seeing eye singles.

I realized this day probably wouldnt go as planned when Nieves hit that double. That was just a joke.

Henderson Alvarez pitched like crap. It might be time to admit that this pitching staff isn't that great. Fernandez is awesome and Eovaldi looks a lot better this year, but that's about it.

Absolutely. Everyone outside of Fernandez is a backend starter. Eovaldi has some promise but I'm not counting on it.

I suspect that eith Heaney coming and the second pick in the draft likely being a pitcher this will turn around soon.

But yea, the pitching was overrated.

Absolutely. Everyone outside of Fernandez is a backend starter. Eovaldi has some promise but I'm not counting on it.

I suspect that eith Heaney coming and the second pick in the draft likely being a pitcher this will turn around soon.

But yea, the pitching was overrated.

how is it going to turn around soon? No way Stanton agrees to a LTD. Fish will trade him for a bunch of can't miss prospects who will miss. And we start all over again.

If you thought that the offseason changes to last year's historically bad offense would result in anything better than a mediocre - to - poor offense, you were delusional.

Whether that is accurate or not, we are not losing due to offense overall. Philly series wasn't that bad offensively and we're still up near the top overall on the year in NL team ranks for offense.

how is it going to turn around soon? No way Stanton agrees to a LTD. Fish will trade him for a bunch of can't miss prospects who will miss. And we start all over again.

He was talking about he rotation turning around. And if they get Rodon, who is an advanced prospect, then Fernandez + Heaney + Rodon is a potentially very strong front-end.

Stop looking for reasons to just be angry and yell at posters.