Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blackru_fish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blackru_fish

  1. Is this game showing on FSN Florida on MLB.TV? I've got a Mets broadcast
  2. This is an article from MLB.com - Marlins page. It reckons LC may miss the Mets series. NEW YORK -- Plunked on the bone above his right ankle by a fastball Sunday, Luis Castillo said he expects to miss two or three games. Walking gingerly Monday afternoon, Castillo could possibly miss all four games in the series with the Mets at Shea Stadium. "When I woke up this morning, it was really, really sore," Castillo said. With two outs in the eighth inning Sunday, Castillo was struck by Rockies reliever Shawn Chacon in the Marlins' 8-4 victory. It was the first time this season and ninth time in his career that Castillo has been drilled by a pitch. "This one hurt the most," Castillo said. Damion Easley started at second base on Monday and could spend a few days in the lineup. "I can imagine him being sore," manager Jack McKeon said of his starting second baseman. When the incident occurred, the Marlins feared Castillo may have suffered a broken bone. "I didn't want to think," McKeon said. Trainer Sean Cunningham quickly tended to Castillo, who couldn't make it to first base and immediately limped with assistance to the clubhouse. An X-ray was negative, bringing relief. A two-time All-Star and a Gold Glove winner, Castillo relies heavily on speed at the plate and in the field. Losing Castillo now takes one of the most productive Marlins against the Mets out of the lineup. At Shea Stadium, Castillo has hit safely in 25 straight games, batting .370 (40-for-108) over the span. The last time Castillo didn't collect a hit at Shea Stadium was on Sept. 1, 2001. His streak is the longest ever at Shea Stadium, passing 23 games, previously set by Tommy Davis (1966-69).
  3. I personally would expect more runs tonight all round, but it would be great if Josh could hold them to just one run.
  4. Luis Castillo is not in the lineup. [OK, now we can panic!!] :pullhair
  5. Lenny... 300 avg when he starts 238 avg when he doesnt. 533192[/snapback] Well he isn't going to be making many more starts from now on anyway, so that's just too bad.
  6. Pinch-hitting is what Lenny is best at. Keep him there. :thumbup
  7. we Have to take advantage of this series..Mets r playing some Bad baseball right now..4/4 will be Lovely..lol 532972[/snapback] I forgot that. Yeah - lets kill 'em. :guillotine
  8. I want the Marlin players to make Leiter really work for it, make him pitch 100+ throws and then see what their bullpen has to offer.
  9. I don't reckon D-Train or Leiter will get the win tonight. I think this game will be decided by the bullpen. We can only take each game as it comes, because we're not in the driving seat. Let Cubs/Giants etc play with forsight, while we should just concentrate on the game that we're in.
  10. Blackru_fish replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    Beckett's gonna have to step up his game starting Tuesday. 532531[/snapback] He could really do with a start similar to AJ's on Sunday. Good quick inning to start and some run support early on. I think it's a must that Beckett throws well. Last season and the start of this year, the pitching staff said they feed off each other's good performances, trying to better the one before - Beckett has missed out here so far. But surely he will see this and step up his game now. Valdez threw well Friday :thumbup Pavano threw comfortably Saturday Burnett threw masterfully Sunday Willis ? Beckett ?
  11. Game 1 is the real tough game. We really need to win it though 'cos we haven't had a 4 game streak for an eternity it seems. But if we don't I still would favour us winning the remaining 3 games, but not by much.
  12. Anyone ever thought that the Marlins have played 4 games less than SF GIANTS & 2 less than Houston and less than CUBS and PADS. Presuming we win nearly all those games in hand then you could count us as most definitely in the WC chase. Sure SF GIANTS have more rest days than us now, and CUBS have easier schedule but we're ready to do battle so it seems. Perhaps even that Bad loss on Wednesday (which I'm still heated up about) has fired up the team big-time. Keep this going. GO FISH!! GO BECKETT!! :cool
  13. Does that strip we're wearing tonight only get worn in day games or something, or is it just totally random?
  14. My MLB.TV is picking up Married with Children 531402[/snapback] Same here. Your TV shows suck
  15. Cue statistics for Marlins games folowing rain delays; (btw I don't have any)
  16. How long does the game have to be delayed for before it is called off?? And believe me I really don't want it to come to that.
  17. Does MLB TV only work for the game once it gets going?
  18. So it's more than just a light sprinkling. In other words It's Bad! Thanks. :banghead
  19. Can anyone give me an idea of how long the rain is likely to delay the game. I have no idea. :umbrella
  20. Luis is in a big slump, I can understand it. 531197[/snapback] I thought that was why they moved him to 7th in the first place.
  21. why is jack changing the lineup???? 531182[/snapback] He feels guilty for batting Castillo in 7th spot for more than a week. - Just a thought. :plain
  22. I just hope the bottom of the order can hold it together, otherwise we'll struggle offensively.
  23. Schmidt got the loss in today's SF@ATL game. That puts him 15-5. And his ERA went up a fair bit too. If Pavs plays well tonight he has a chance to also go 15-5 with a win tonight, and his ERA could inch closer to Schmidt's too. Perhaps this post should have gone in the 'Pavano for CY Young award' thread, but hey.
  24. Forget about Houston doing well. It's important that Houston does well the next 2 days actually. 529961[/snapback] What I meant was, don't worry if Houston also join the race (as that would add another team to climb over). Too many people here are thinking we have more chance of beating ATLANTA simply because they're just one team rather than 4/5 teams. I say give more teams a shot at the WC it would just complicate it for everybody else - thus better for us.
  25. Forget about Houston doing well. Forget about Braves doing well. None of it matters. All we want to do is be in the running for the WC. The Braves will not give up 9 games in a month and We're just not in the running for the Division title. However, we're close to being in the WC race. 2 more good games and lucky results elsewhere and we're in the race for the WC. I don't care if there are 12 teams in the WC Race. As log as we're in it that all that matters.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.