Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MarlinsChik305

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarlinsChik305

  1. Korea did catch alot of Marlins games. Now I guess theyre Dodgers fans. I miss Choi, his homers, and just the sense that hes there. *sigh*
  2. if it was duff, where has justice gone?
  3. i feel left out..... marlinschik06 or swe3tkissezz06
  4. i dont need glasses. but they make me look sexy. lol, j/k
  5. chewbaca is a pretty name. so is nepopusema
  6. hope everyone is okay, but at least its calmed some. its hardly a threat now.
  7. we still have mota, but id prefer if he stays
  8. He lives here, people love him here, and its not like he isn't making a lot of money if he stays next year anyway. Woah, sounds just like Pudge! :plain 543748[/snapback] i still dont see why they traded him.... :thumbdown
  9. heres one, i just found. for anybody thats interested. SI.com: Football players, as a whole, hate training camp. What do you think of spring training? DW: I love it. Love it. You get a chance to work on other things. Get yourself back into baseball. I love it because it's more about getting ready for the season as opposed to having to put up the numbers during the season. You can learn a lot more, you can experiment a lot more with other pitches or what have you. You can work on anything in spring. So I love it. SI.com: Are you experimenting on some things this spring? DW: Not so much experimenting. Just trying to better myself with the pitches I have. SI.com: And in spring training, you get a chance to socialize. You're a pretty social guy, aren't you? DW: I still try to get my work done and let other people get their work done. But, I'm excited. I'm a guy who loves his teammates. Even my minor league teammates, I still go back and talk to them. I'm very team-oriented. SI.com: OK, let's talk about the offseason. Can you give me a couple of words to describe it? DW: Fun. Exciting. And very, very busy. On the same token, I had enough time for myself. On the flip side, it was a little tiresome. SI.com: You must have taken some time for yourself. What did you do for yourself after the season? DW: Relax. Just relax. That's the one thing I did. Just relax, man. Let everything just settle. I did so much running around. I got a place, a beautiful place that I never thought I'd be able to live in [on Williams Island, Fla., in between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami]. I got a beautiful view. I just sit out there and relax. Just watching TV, just watching tapes, whatever. Watching tapes of me pitching. SI.com: You relax by watching yourself pitch? That's relaxing? DW: [Former teammate] Mark Redman, he told me to watch some tapes and see yourself throwing. Get back to basics. That's all I did. Just chilling and just watching the games. Everything happened so fast, it looks different when you watch the tapes. You think 'Man, I look like a good pitcher.' And you see the tapes and it's 'Man, that's right down the middle.' So just watching that. SI.com: Did you like what you saw on the tapes, for the most part? DW: Loved it. Loved it. Redman told me to get all the good games. But I got the bad games, too. And I saw. It showed. It didn't lie. When I didn't throw the ball well, I was walking guys and I was up in the zone. And when I did, I was down in the zone and didn't walk anyone. That's why, as a player, you'll never hear about any 'slumping' or anything like that from me. I'm like, 'Dude, I just ain't getting it done.' SI.com: Are you hard on yourself when you don't pitch well? DW: Well, it's not something I try to overplay or overanalyze. People ask me, 'What's the reason why you're not doing well?' Well, hey, when you're not doing well, you got two on and you're walking guys and you're giving up the big hits. When you're doing well, you're being aggressive. It's simple. That's why I don't buy that sophomore, junior slump. Rookie. Past seasons. All that stuff. I'm trying to win. If I go in there, every time I start, regardless of if I get the win, if the team wins, I feel good. SI.com: There was some criticism that you tired in the second half [Willis was 9-1 with a 2.08 ERA before the break; 5-5, 4.60 after]. Did the criticism bug you? DW: No. It was funny. I got to pitch in the postseason in relief in the World Series in Game 1, and I was able to throw well in that game [2 1/3 innings, two hits, no runs and two strikeouts], and everyone was excited and happy and everyone asked me what I did different. I had nothing to say, because I felt like I didn't do anything different. I threw strikes. That was it. I just threw strikes. SI.com: Overall, outside of wins and losses, how do you think you handled your rookie year? Everything came at you really quickly. DW: Oh yeah. There was a lot of growing up for me. Actually, my family was very proud of how I was handling all that stuff. But I didn't see what they were seeing, from the outside. I was just like, 'Dude, I'm having fun. I'm playing in a major-league uniform.' Even when I was struggling, I was like, 'Hey, I'm the worst major-league baseball player.' OK? And when I was doing well, it was like, 'Hey, I'm pretty good.' SI.com: Tell me something that struck you, as a rookie, that you maybe didn't realize, or realize fully. DW: I tell everybody how talented the players are up here, every day. You don't understand how good --?mentally as well as physically --?guys are up here. That's the enjoyment of me being able to compete, every day. Whatever my role is. Being able to play with the best players in the world. SI.com: You know, your manager, Jack McKeon, pointed to you and your performance last season as one of the things that turned the season around for the Marlins. What did you think of that? DW: I appreciate that. But ... whatever. I'm not trying to overplay the humble thing, but I told all my teammates ... I pitch every fifth day. There's four other games being played. Even that streak I was on [8-0, 1.05 ERA in 10 starts], we were winning some other games. It wasn't like we were going 0-4 and all the sudden we won a game. I think what he means by that is just the enthusiasm, just the way I went about my work. I think it's somewhat contagious. I've always been a guy that's out there laughing and having fun. SI.com: But when you're sliding, is it hard to keep the grin going? DW: No. That's me. Sometimes I get pissed off -- oh, excuse me, I'm sorry -- I'll get upset. But that's human nature. There's always people in here to pick me up. But I love the game of baseball, and I try to do the best I can going out there. I try to keep the off-the-field stuff off the field. Because you can get clouded. SI.com: Let me switch gears on you for some quick ones: Who has the funkiest delivery in the majors? DW: That's a hard one. I couldn't tell you. I can't come up with guys like that. I mean, in here, all these guys are so fundamentally sound. SI.com: What about on other teams? You know, guys like Byung-Hyun Kim in Boston. DW: Oh, he's dirty. I like him. I like Pedro Martinez, the way he swings his whole body around. SI.com: You ever get a chance to see films of somebody like Fernando Valenzuela or Luis Tiant? DW: No. But I've heard [their deliveries] compared a lot to mine. SI.com: How much does your high leg kick help you with hitters? DW: Well, they can hit. Regardless. Whatever you want to do, they can hit. SI.com: Speaking of which ... you hit nearly .250 last year. You can hit some, too, it seems. DW: A little bit. I try to do everything I can. I take it seriously. I love hitting. I've always been a kid who tried to do both. I didn't think I was gonna be able to hit in the big leagues, but ... I've tried. When a pitcher gets on, it takes a lot out of the opposing pitcher. You try to get them to work. That's all I'm trying to do, is make 'em work. SI.com: All right, last one. You had such a fantastic rookie season. Do you look ahead, Dontrelle, to your second season? DW: Not so much. Like, today. I got through today. I'm happy. Not to say that I'm not conscious of what's down the line and what's in store, but if you don't feel good about today, then tomorrow it's not gonna be ... there's no reason for you even to think about it. I try to just do well day by day. If I do that, then it'll add up at the end of the season. That's why, when I do struggle, I think 'I still have some more starts left to battle, to show people that I can play.' And I think, through that, that's why I wouldn't change a thing about last season. I saw both sides. I threw terrible and I had some winning times. And I loved it. I loved it, man. If I don't throw another pitch in my life, I'll tell you what, dude, that's not too bad of a season. t so crappy.
  10. itd be a shame to not have mikey for a Marlin
  11. wizard man was cool. n cute. tee hee. his rhymes werent totally lame 543710[/snapback] You didn't like the Gorilla? :lol 543712[/snapback] they were all great. the video was very funny.
  12. It's not a big deal calm down. I didn't even know what day it was today! :lol 543703[/snapback] i thought we were still in august. its no big deal, alot of people have been off track
  13. cherry rocks. will soon take over the world. lemon sucks
  14. wizard man was cool. n cute. tee hee. his rhymes werent totally lame
  15. you havent seen enough games when he shows he does. if u see the video archieve in floridamarlins.com, youll see. 543499[/snapback] I've seen every game when its on t.v (which is mostly all of them) and trust me, there are better CF'S than him. 543601[/snapback] who said anything about BEST. check your facts. I said he has a good arm.
  16. I doubt Mikey wont be here next year.And its obvious there wont be a stadium by Nov.
  17. That sucks. Hes very helpful. McKeon says hes a lifesaver so hopefully he doesnt let him go.
  18. poor dude. lol.
  19. :blink: that whole conv. was idiotic. i need to reflect on my life now...
  20. in regards to what? 543427[/snapback] it doesnt really matter. any interview would be good.
  21. lowell won't get one until rolen moves to the AL - maybe the yankees will sign him, move a-rod over to 1st... 543365[/snapback] :lol :lol Obviously it's got to be Gonzo. Cabrera: PLEASE. He looked horrible out there in the beginning of the season. He's gotten a little better since moving to left field. Enc: He's made a couple of mistakes that have cost us, and also there are a lot of better RF's than him. And Juan: He's fast and a good fielder, but he doesnt have an arm. 543401[/snapback] you havent seen enough games when he shows he does. if u see the video archieve in floridamarlins.com, youll see. 543499[/snapback] miguel has got enough bad plays to make a bloopers video ... with the posibility of a second volume oh and Jackarmstrong if you think that Enc has no arm you are clueless ... tahts a top 10 arm in the LEAGUE ... you are not gonna get much better than him in RF 543501[/snapback] at least somebody got a clue on Encarnacion. Im not saying Miggy is all that of an outfielder, i just think hes made a great effort. 543506[/snapback] You've gotta be kidding me. He's made a great effort? Ridiculous statement. 543510[/snapback] its my opinion and last time i cheked, i do have a right to state it. so quit sweating me. i do think hes made a great effort, at least he tries. n if he doesnt, explain to me y hes in the outfield. exactly. case closed. thank you come again.
  22. lowell won't get one until rolen moves to the AL - maybe the yankees will sign him, move a-rod over to 1st... 543365[/snapback] :lol :lol Obviously it's got to be Gonzo. Cabrera: PLEASE. He looked horrible out there in the beginning of the season. He's gotten a little better since moving to left field. Enc: He's made a couple of mistakes that have cost us, and also there are a lot of better RF's than him. And Juan: He's fast and a good fielder, but he doesnt have an arm. 543401[/snapback] you havent seen enough games when he shows he does. if u see the video archieve in floridamarlins.com, youll see. 543499[/snapback] miguel has got enough bad plays to make a bloopers video ... with the posibility of a second volume oh and Jackarmstrong if you think that Enc has no arm you are clueless ... tahts a top 10 arm in the LEAGUE ... you are not gonna get much better than him in RF 543501[/snapback] at least somebody got a clue on Encarnacion. Im not saying Miggy is all that of an outfielder, i just think hes made a great effort.
  23. i do disagree with the double header. it sux, but the games will be made up.
  24. lowell won't get one until rolen moves to the AL - maybe the yankees will sign him, move a-rod over to 1st... 543365[/snapback] :lol :lol Obviously it's got to be Gonzo. Cabrera: PLEASE. He looked horrible out there in the beginning of the season. He's gotten a little better since moving to left field. Enc: He's made a couple of mistakes that have cost us, and also there are a lot of better RF's than him. And Juan: He's fast and a good fielder, but he doesnt have an arm. 543401[/snapback] you havent seen enough games when he shows he does. if u see the video archieve in floridamarlins.com, youll see.
  25. yea, go Miggy. Im real proud of him. He came so young and quickly prooved himself. Keep it up!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.