Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MarlinsChik305

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MarlinsChik305

  1. These are my options for the Golden Glove. In my eyes, they all deserve it.
  2. I always do. Im sitting in the first row b4 the game even starts.......lol 543071[/snapback] lol, but i learned. i took an old ladys seat and had to move. but i moved 2 rows ahead.. :mischief
  3. itd b dumb not to. whod stay in upper deck when theres alot of empty seats on the terrace box. its only a few dollars difference. i do it, you do it, we all do it. god bless america.
  4. rferry: That's one of the most well-written posts I've read lately. :thumbup 542619[/snapback] yea not bad, you mind writing my essays for me? :thumbup j/k
  5. If you had the choice, what would you change your name to? Id probably b Marissa. Its beautiful
  6. 5- Find my love,begin a great job 15- Married, 2 kids, a Nissan, and a wonderful career.
  7. Juan Pierres middle name is D'Vaughn. like devon. thats unique.
  8. stay in miami. so close to the games, and the best city in america
  9. Anybody know where I can find some Marlins interviews.The only one ive basically found is Juan Pierre. If anybody can help, itd be great. thanks.
  10. No, on the contrary. I cant wait till the Marlins play the Cubs. It practically all im thinking about, especially since im locked indoors. Baseball 79% TV 15% Work 6%
  11. i still say 03 was more exiting. 97 was great, but the suspension 03 had was better. beckett tagging him while he was going to first just did something, expecially cuz he was on his knees. it was great! 542328[/snapback] You obviously didn't watch the 97 series then, being tagged out on a lame tapper out to the mound is definitely not more exciting than a walk off game winning base hit up the middle with everything on the line during a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the 9th of game 7. 542933[/snapback] im pretty sure i did, unless you want to tell me otherwise. and to me, 03 was better. case closed. unless you want to tell me im wrong and i actually think 97 was better. ahem, its my opinion. thank you come again. 542941[/snapback] The 2003 season as a whole was more exciting than 1997 i'm not disagreeing, but the way 97 ended was FAR more exciting than 03 and I find it hard to believe that anyone who witnessed the ending of both series could actually disagree... mabye you just don't remember? A tapper out to the mound more exciting than a game winning base hit up the middle of a tie game in the 9th of GAME SEVEN? Please . 542967[/snapback] i think it was. we have different opinion, and thats ok. whats not ok is u questioning my opinion. :confused
  12. In his first full Major League season, Miguel Cabrera keeps finding himself mentioned with elite company. The 21-year-old Marlins sensation has been voted as a finalist for the prestigious Century 21 Aaron Award, given to the "best offensive" performer in the league. Batting third or cleanup most of the season, Cabrera is on pace to belt more than 30 home runs and knock in over 100 runs. The Venezuelan native also has better than a .300 average. A year ago, Cabrera burst onto the big league scene in late June, making the jump from Double-A Carolina. Then a confident 20-year-old, he showed tremendous composure down the stretch and was a postseason hero, batting cleanup in the World Series. A converted third baseman, Cabrera started the season off in right field, but was switched to left field in late July after the Marlins acquired Juan Encarnacion from the Dodgers. The CENTURY 21 ? Real Estate Corporation, Official Real Estate Organization of Major League Baseball?, is proud to be the presenting sponsor of the Hank Aaron Award for the second consecutive season. This coveted honor is annually awarded to the best overall hitter in both the American League and National League. Originally introduced in 1999 to honor the 25th anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's all-time home run record, the Hank Aaron award was the first major award to be introduced in 30 years. For the first time ever, CENTURY 21? and MLB.com are excited to offer fans the opportunity to decide the winner in each League. In addition, by casting their votes, fans will automatically be registered for chance to win a trip to the 2004 World Series and meet Home Run King Hank Aaron. Voting takes place at MLB.com from Sept. 9-30. To become a finalist, Cabrera was the Marlins' leading vote getter over teammates Juan Pierre and Mike Lowell. Joe Frisaro is a reporter for MLB.com. Go Miggy!!
  13. nothing here, alot of wind and rain. this sucks...
  14. i still say 03 was more exiting. 97 was great, but the suspension 03 had was better. beckett tagging him while he was going to first just did something, expecially cuz he was on his knees. it was great! 542328[/snapback] You obviously didn't watch the 97 series then, being tagged out on a lame tapper out to the mound is definitely not more exciting than a walk off game winning base hit up the middle with everything on the line during a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the 9th of game 7. 542933[/snapback] im pretty sure i did, unless you want to tell me otherwise. and to me, 03 was better. case closed. unless you want to tell me im wrong and i actually think 97 was better. ahem, its my opinion. thank you come again.
  15. this is uncool. :mad : :mad : damn you frances. i want to stab you in the ankle. :plain so that means im not seeing my marlins until Monday??? :confused
  16. Didnt know. Nice stories. Slick move from Alex. Hahaaa.
  17. Abbott: Well Costello, I'm going to New York with you. You know Bookie Harris, the Yankee's manager, gave me a job as coach for as long as you're on the team. Costello: Look Abbott, if you're the coach, you must know all the players. Abbott: I certainly do. Costello: Well you know I've never met the guys. So you'll have to tell me their names, and then I'll know who's playing on the team. Abbott: Oh, I'll tell you their names, but you know it seems to me they give these ball players now-a-days very peculiar names. Costello: You mean funny names? Abbott: Strange names, pet names...like Dizzy Dean... Costello: His brother Daffy. Abbott: Daffy Dean... Costello: And their French cousin. Abbott: French? Costello: Goof讼/font> Abbott: Goofè „ean. Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third... Costello: That's what I want to find out. Abbott: I say Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know's on third. Costello: Are you the manager? Abbott: Yes. Costello: You gonna be the coach too? Abbott: Yes. Costello: And you don't know the fellows' names? Abbott: Well I should. Costello: Well then who's on first? Abbott: Yes. Costello: I mean the fellow's name. Abbott: Who. Costello: The guy on first. Abbott: Who. Costello: The first baseman. Abbott: Who. Costello: The guy playing... Abbott: Who is on first! Costello: I'm asking YOU who's on first. Abbott: That's the man's name. Costello: That's who's name? Abbott: Yes. Costello: Well go ahead and tell me. Abbott: That's it. Costello: That's who? Abbott: Yes. PAUSE Costello: Look, you gotta first baseman? Abbott: Certainly. Costello: Who's playing first? Abbott: That's right. Costello: When you pay off the first baseman every month, who gets the money? Abbott: Every dollar of it. Costello: All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base. Abbott: Who. Costello: The guy that gets... Abbott: That's it. Costello: Who gets the money... Abbott: He does, every dollar. Sometimes his wife comes down and collects it. Costello: Who's wife? Abbott: Yes. PAUSE Abbott: What's wrong with that? Costello: Look, all I wanna know is when you sign up the first baseman, how does he sign his name? Abbott: Who. Costello: The guy. Abbott: Who. Costello: How does he sign... Abbott: That's how he signs it. Costello: Who? Abbott: Yes. PAUSE Costello: All I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base. Abbott: No. What is on second base. Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second. Abbott: Who's on first. Costello: One base at a time! Abbott: Well, don't change the players around. Costello: I'm not changing nobody! Abbott: Take it easy, buddy. Costello: I'm only asking you, who's the guy on first base? Abbott: That's right. Costello: Ok. Abbott: All right. PAUSE Costello: What's the guy's name on first base? Abbott: No. What is on second. Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second. Abbott: Who's on first. Costello: I don't know. Abbott: He's on third, we're not talking about him. Costello: Now how did I get on third base? Abbott: Why you mentioned his name. Costello: If I mentioned the third baseman's name, who did I say is playing third? Abbott: No. Who's playing first. Costello: What's on base? Abbott: What's on second. Costello: I don't know. Abbott: He's on third. Costello: There I go, back on third again! PAUSE Costello: Would you just stay on third base and don't go off it. Abbott: All right, what do you want to know? Costello: Now who's playing third base? Abbott: Why do you insist on putting Who on third base? Costello: What am I putting on third. Abbott: No. What is on second. Costello: You don't want who on second? Abbott: Who is on first. Costello: I don't know. Abbott & Costello Together:Third base! PAUSE Costello: Look, you gotta outfield? Abbott: Sure. Costello: The left fielder's name? Abbott: Why. Costello: I just thought I'd ask you. Abbott: Well, I just thought I'd tell ya. Costello: Then tell me who's playing left field. Abbott: Who's playing first. Costello: I'm not... stay out of the infield! I want to know what's the guy's name in left field? Abbott: No, What is on second. Costello: I'm not asking you who's on second. Abbott: Who's on first! Costello: I don't know. Abbott & Costello Together: Third base! PAUSE Costello: The left fielder's name? Abbott: Why. Costello: Because! Abbott: Oh, he's centerfield. PAUSE Costello: Look, You gotta pitcher on this team? Abbott: Sure. Costello: The pitcher's name? Abbott: Tomorrow. Costello: You don't want to tell me today? Abbott: I'm telling you now. Costello: Then go ahead. Abbott: Tomorrow! Costello: What time? Abbott: What time what? Costello: What time tomorrow are you gonna tell me who's pitching? Abbott: Now listen. Who is not pitching. Costello: I'll break your arm, you say who's on first! I want to know what's the pitcher's name? Abbott: What's on second. Costello: I don't know. Abbott & Costello Together: Third base! PAUSE Costello: Gotta a catcher? Abbott: Certainly. Costello: The catcher's name? Abbott: Today. Costello: Today, and tomorrow's pitching. Abbott: Now you've got it. Costello: All we got is a couple of days on the team. PAUSE Costello: You know I'm a catcher too. Abbott: So they tell me. Costello: I get behind the plate to do some fancy catching, Tomorrow's pitching on my team and a heavy hitter gets up. Now the heavy hitter bunts the ball. When he bunts the ball, me, being a good catcher, I'm gonna throw the guy out at first base. So I pick up the ball and throw it to who? Abbott: Now that's the first thing you've said right. Costello: I don't even know what I'm talking about! PAUSE Abbott: That's all you have to do. Costello: Is to throw the ball to first base. Abbott: Yes! Costello: Now who's got it? Abbott: Naturally. PAUSE Costello: Look, if I throw the ball to first base, somebody's gotta get it. Now who has it? Abbott: Naturally. Costello: Who? Abbott: Naturally. Costello: Naturally? Abbott: Naturally. Costello: So I pick up the ball and I throw it to Naturally. Abbott: No you don't, you throw the ball to Who. Costello: Naturally. Abbott: That's different. Costello: That's what I said. Abbott: You're not saying it... Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally. Abbott: You throw it to Who. Costello: Naturally. Abbott: That's it. Costello: That's what I said! Abbott: You ask me. Costello: I throw the ball to who? Abbott: Naturally. Costello: Now you ask me. Abbott: You throw the ball to Who? Costello: Naturally. Abbott: That's it. Costello: Same as you! Same as YOU! I throw the ball to who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't Know throws it back to Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and hits a long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I don't give a darn! Abbott: What? Costello: I said I don't give a darn! Abbott: Oh, that's our shortstop.
  18. embarasing. loved to have been there. got SHUTOUT.? ? :lol 540590[/snapback] Got shut out? They got SPANKED!! lol 540814[/snapback] yea, and theyre still rosy red
  19. you know who needs to make his presence in this thread? Pubes himself. 542289[/snapback] I was just going to say that. I can't believe no one mentioned that until now. 542309[/snapback] sure u were
  20. That's not really him being nice, but you being lucky.? Actually its a bit of both. Juan could have just took it with him into the dugout but at least he decided to throw it. 538872[/snapback] oookkk. and thats the same thing Encarnacion did, he threw it to the stands at least. and youre complaining about him? hes nice enough to throw it. make more sense when you type. theyre both named juan, and bboth are exceptionally nice.
  21. Houston Packers just sounds........................wrong. 539465[/snapback] So does the Miami Texans. lol
  22. i knoe these changes mess up my marlins calendar on my fridge so its useless. but it makes sense, moving it up to Thursday.
  23. '03 has to be #1. I loved '97, but it just wasn't the same feeling! There are so many great memories...25 isn't enough. However, in terms of greatest 'moments', I'd have to say Edgar singling home Counsell was the most thrilling. Josh tagging out Posada wasn't exactly a crazy way to end the game, but overall '03 WS was better for me. yes but 97' was defenitely more thrilling. you just dont have too many bases loaded, 2 outs, tie game, extra innings in game 7 of the world series, now do you? well, the AZ game a few years later was pretty similar 289077[/snapback] i still say 03 was more exiting. 97 was great, but the suspension 03 had was better. beckett tagging him while he was going to first just did something, expecially cuz he was on his knees. it was great!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.