Everything posted by marlinsfan75
-
Burnett's and LoDuca's Comments After the Game
Exactly my point. He always seems to have a really bad inning or two that lets it get out of hand. Seems like you can telegraph when he's throwing his curveball too. I am sure hitters have picked up on that, oh wait he throws it for a strike 13% of the time so they can expect a straight 98 mph fastball. I don't think you should talk all that crap about the fans and then not perform at least consistently.
-
Burnett's and LoDuca's Comments After the Game
At least Loduca can come up big every now and then, Burnett never seems to win a big game. I think someone has said that here before. Loduca's got heart. Burnett seems to pitch like everyone should bow down to his fastball but he seems to not know how to really pitch. Walking two with the bases loaded is just stupid, and I think he walked Clemens and some other non-hitters. That was a huge game for us and the final score could of been very different if we got out of those Burnett innings.
-
Marlins fans in Naples
Do we have any Marlin fans in Naples in the forum? I am always looking to go to games but the old lady is not as excited as myself. I think the drive has something to do with it. Joe
-
Wiley/Rosenthal
I know they got rid of Rosenthal because he didn't communicate with the pitchers or something but I don't care for Wiley too much. I know Mckeon makes the decisions on when to take out a pitcher but it seems like we always take the pitcher out at the wrong time or something. Villone was in and gave a walk/soft base hit and they don't allow him to try and get out of it and then they put all the pressure on Mota to get out of the jam. Mota has had his ok moments this year but it's almost like they want him to screw up. He had no leeway when he came in. I say let Villone work his way out and give him some confidence. Mckeon expects the relievers to bail out of impossible jams too much when the offense should have bailed him much earlier. Also: Why didn't he just yank Luis when it's obvious he was hobbling and Easley is a fine offensive backup. I know Luis is a gamer and have always loved him but he has been playing hurt for like 2 months. He obviously tweaked his hip or something. Does JM not see that crap? WTF...I am drunk...
-
Poor Moehler
To add a little bit, I don't recall Moehler having a terrible game this year. He always at least keeps the team in it. It seems that he hardly ever gets close ball/strike calls which make a big difference in close games.
-
Todd Freaking Jones
I remember getting his autograph at Fanfest, but kinda hoping for someone else, now I am proud to have that autograph. Dude he just thows strikes and that's the important thing. And he has guts.
-
Why We Shouldn't Trade Mike Lowell
I agree he's played well in the outfield. I remember last year in right he made some unbelievable catches, not so much this year in left, but he holds his own (esp his arm). AJ just cranked one. I say we get what we can for Burnett since he wants 10 mil and leave Mikey where he is.
-
Why We Shouldn't Trade Mike Lowell
Not only is he hitting a lot better this month but he's gotten robbed so many times it's unreal. The ball in Philly, last few nights running the bases, and also just hitting it hard but having them catch it. He may be a little overpaid but we still need him especially if no one really wants him.
-
Does Moehler ever smile?
Guy just hit a shot to right-center and I still haven't seen him smile.
-
Ishmael Valdez
Even if he stinks, as long as he doesn't give up 3 grand slams (Leiter) between now and Sept I'd be happy. If he throws strikes, that'll be a step up from Leiter. If Olsen isn't in the rotation that is.
-
Damion Easley
I always liked Easley. He always seems to hit big HR's. I remember the one last year that tied or won the game against Cleveland. He has done it a couple times this year too.
-
Leiter in or out?
I don't think he gets it. I was a Leiter fan in 97 but you can tell he has progressively gotten worse every year. Even last year he gave up a grand slam to us. He walks too many people. He tries to nibble too much. I just watched him give up two runs and it's getting old. I say they put Moehler in the 4 spot and Valdez in the 5 when he gets back. Screw having a left-right-left rotation. Moehler has pitched lights out and hasn't gotten any run support. Leiter's ERA is like 6.00 or something. Joe
-
2003 Playoffs
Fish Tank, That's why I haven't went through mlb.com yet because I couldn't find the exact games I wanted. It's funny if you look at the "highlights" for 2003 the only Marlin ones are from the World Series. All the Division Series and LCS stuff is from Red Sox, Yankees, etc even though the Cubs-Marlins was one of the best series's ever. Joe
-
2003 Playoffs
I own the 2003 World Series DVD, but really enjoyed the playoffs that year and was wondering if anyone had info as to where I could purchase copies of any of those games/series's. I know mlb.com sells their subscription service but I am not positive that what I want to see is on there. Also, the site is hard to navigate once you get to the multimedia sections. Joe
-
#5 ?
I think Moehler has been doing awesome. Even when he gave up the two homers to Wash he probably should of gotten the win if we could give him some more help. I was a fan of Valdez when he was in LA but his stuff is obviously not the same. I say leave Moehler in as the 5th until he shows definite signs that he doesn't have it. Joe
-
A Few things.
I was there and thought LoDuca's shot was gone. Got caught up in it. It was still one of the best Marlin games I have been to even though they lost. I'm just glad Carlos got it going.
-
Batting Practice
Thanks for the replies.
-
Batting Practice
I am going to my first game this year and haven't been to a batting practice in a long time. Roughly when is the best time to get there, 2 hours before game time? Joe