Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlinsfan75

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlinsfan75

  1. I am interested in when this is as well. Probably my best shot I'll ever get.
  2. The front page of the Marlins page on mlb.com references the former middle infield of Luis and Alex Gonzalez. Huh? Don't they proofread this stuff?
  3. 20 Mil (including the salaries of those watching the games). Just kidding, I'll be there for hopefully 20 games this year.
  4. I'm usually not a big Buster Olney booster but I enjoyed the piece immensely. There is for me a great feeling of relief that (with the sole exception of Beckett, though understandable to unload Mike Lowell) these trades were made. This was an aging team that even if it played to its potential probably wasn't going to contend in 2006. Wiping the slate clean and starting again, while painful especially to the casual fan who laments buying his kid that Juan Pierre jersey last summer, was absolutely the right thing to do. Jettisoning the likes of Villone, Mota, Encarnacion, Castillo (love ya Looie but I just couldn't take watching you hobbling around anymore), Gonzalez, and even favorites like Delgado (who will be missed) and Pierre too, and LoDuca and Mr. Marlin, Jeff Conine, works for me. I want to thank Todd Jones for a great year and he deserves every penny he got in the off-season and Jim Mecir for showing us all what courage really is all about, but we begin again, rebuilding our next championship team in just 32 days. It's going to be great to watch. Go Fish ! Nice. Agreed.
  5. Lowell, I mean Jacobs and Hermida.
  6. I don't think they are banking all of their offensive production on Cabs/Ramirez/Hermida. What about Jacobs/Willingham/Aguila? Sure they are all unproven but you can't say only those three guys are gonna be all the offense. I'm referencing the 4th paragraph of that quote.
  7. Or maybe Roy Hobbs hacked ticketmaster and put that in there to mock us.
  8. How can you expect us to read your reply with Scarlet in your sig? Man she is hot.
  9. That's weird they don't have FSN because I lived farther West in Fort Walton Beach for 5 years and was able to watch the Marlins. I'm retarded, I had Cox. That's weird they don't have FSN because I lived farther West in Fort Walton Beach for 5 years and was able to watch the Marlins. Where in FWB did you live? I'm from there, but haven't lived there in quite a while. I lived off Racetrack Road by Choctawhatchee HS.
  10. That's weird they don't have FSN because I lived farther West in Fort Walton Beach for 5 years and was able to watch the Marlins.
  11. I think he might put up better numbers than that more like 30 HR/year. His approach/swing remind me of Shawn Green.
  12. I'm going to go just because there is probably going to be a lot of players signing and there won't be any long lines :thumbup . I remember last year the lines were pretty bad and I ended up getting Todd Jones' Auto. He was one cool dude though. I was hoping for Lowell or Delgado but anyways.
  13. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but doesn't this sound the slightest bit fishy to anyone? I'm not trashing grass roots movements, or the belief of political efficacy, but this woman seems to only be out for herself. As Marlins2003 said earlier, it appears she's just campaigning for a job somewhere down the line. I mean, here's the gist of the meeting from the reports from those who went: "Let's set up a meeting with Wayne Huizenga, we should have the mayor, possibly the governor, some Marlins representatives, and...me!" No one else finds that the slightest bit off? So what? She's spearheading it, so she can make herself one of the key figures. So long as she's trying to get the Marlins to stay in South Florida I couldn't care less if she also wants a job. If anything, it's a strong incentive for her to succeed: if she gets the Marlins to stay, she gets a job. No, see, I think you missed my point. What I meant was this: As an organizer of a grass roots movement, without experience in government, no degree demonstrating a specialty in the field or really any involvement with any of the parties at a professional level, she brings nothing to the table. What the goal of any "save the Marlins" movement should be is making it evident enough that this is a big deal to the voters...meaning the focus should be on all local and state politicians, not Huizenga, not the Marlins. There need to be lists pages long with countless names on them presented to every elected official or hopeful for the 2006 elections. That's the goal, not sitting in a board room with Huizenga and Loria. How seriously would she be taken, or, more importantly, what would she bring to the table? I'm not at the point in saying that her heart is in the wrong place, but I seriously question where her head is... This is in the beginning stages. I think they are just planning right now. I do believe they are eventually going to pressure the politicians/etc. Don't you think it's good that someone is at least trying to do something about the situation? I do. He's always very negative and his reasoning is always very poor. No worries. :lol Always very poor reasoning. Thanks a bunch. I guess "the path to hell is paved with good intentions" means nothing to you, or do you fail to comprehend that one too? Why do you insinuate that no one comprehends you? I understand what you're saying. What's your point? Were you even at the meetings? If you think her intentions are not well, leave it to yourself. We are trying to organize something here.
  14. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but doesn't this sound the slightest bit fishy to anyone? I'm not trashing grass roots movements, or the belief of political efficacy, but this woman seems to only be out for herself. As Marlins2003 said earlier, it appears she's just campaigning for a job somewhere down the line. I mean, here's the gist of the meeting from the reports from those who went: "Let's set up a meeting with Wayne Huizenga, we should have the mayor, possibly the governor, some Marlins representatives, and...me!" No one else finds that the slightest bit off? So what? She's spearheading it, so she can make herself one of the key figures. So long as she's trying to get the Marlins to stay in South Florida I couldn't care less if she also wants a job. If anything, it's a strong incentive for her to succeed: if she gets the Marlins to stay, she gets a job. No, see, I think you missed my point. What I meant was this: As an organizer of a grass roots movement, without experience in government, no degree demonstrating a specialty in the field or really any involvement with any of the parties at a professional level, she brings nothing to the table. What the goal of any "save the Marlins" movement should be is making it evident enough that this is a big deal to the voters...meaning the focus should be on all local and state politicians, not Huizenga, not the Marlins. There need to be lists pages long with countless names on them presented to every elected official or hopeful for the 2006 elections. That's the goal, not sitting in a board room with Huizenga and Loria. How seriously would she be taken, or, more importantly, what would she bring to the table? I'm not at the point in saying that her heart is in the wrong place, but I seriously question where her head is... This is in the beginning stages. I think they are just planning right now. I do believe they are eventually going to pressure the politicians/etc. Don't you think it's good that someone is at least trying to do something about the situation? I do.
  15. I like this, he has been the face of the rotation for the last two years believe it or not. He was the guy I'd rather see pitch every fifth day. So full of energy, he always gave the team a chance to win everytime out....Willis, is a natural born entertainer, and leader, if he isn't signed long term after this season, I will be pissed. Great article! Dontrelle is the man! I agree totally with your point but want to mention it doesn't seem to matter whether he signs long-term or not because he could get traded the very next year anyways w/o a no-trade. I am looking forward to the season but am still disgusted at what has happened the past two months. I thought we would at least keep Loduca to help the young staff but that didn't even happen. I agree that Willis has been awesome ever since he came up except for some rough starts in '04.
  16. Are they going to issue Ligtenberg's sideburns their own locker? They could have one for that and one for Alfonseca's extra finger(s). If he was still with the team at least.
  17. I was at the season tix holder thing.. What exactly is is that they are discussing tonight? Trying to drum up support/plan to save the fish.
  18. I like "A course record of 59 is broken when John Daly smokes his 60th cigarette." He does smoke a crapload.
  19. He had arm problems/surgeries after he left the Braves I believe (I don't think it was the juice). We have a knack for getting guys when they are supposed to be down and them turning out pretty good though.
  20. I'll always remember how he always looked down on himself (especially hitting) and that great string of plays he made at the end of '03 and in the postseason.
  21. The MarlinsNoLimitCommander has better "determinidation". Mobilize Fool!
  22. Good luck to him. He seemed like a really cool guy. I met him at the Fanfest and seemed really down to earth.
  23. Thanks for the quote. This is coming from Peter Gammons though, exaggeration is not out of his realm.
  24. Who said that Beckett's arm is bad? He had a physical before the trade and I thought they concluded it was fine. Is there something they found out after that?
  25. And more Mut fans at the games.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.