Everything posted by costabear
-
Strikeouts and our Offense
Our biggest problems this year have been injuries and defense...if the guys get healthy and stay relatively healthy, and they play better defense, we can contend for the WC despite the K's imo.
-
Henry the VIII back, Gardner gone
Holy frickin crap, Benitez, Owens, Lindstrom, Gregg all in one bullpen. I like it. Add Pinto, too. When he's throwing strikes
-
Marlins reacquire Benitez; send off Messenger to S.F.
I think this trade sets us up to deal one of our bullpen arms for a CF.
-
How would Jack pronounce some of the new fish?
Byung-Hyun Kim - Korean kid
-
Fish @ Cubs 2:20 from the friendly confines
Nice to see we aren't the only team that makes dumb mistakes
-
Fish @ Cubs 2:20 from the friendly confines
I'd pull him right now.
-
Fish @ Cubs 2:20 from the friendly confines
ehhh...he's already at 92 pitches....I'd take him out here I think...especially if his spot comes up this inning.
-
Fish @ Cubs 2:20 from the friendly confines
hahaha awesome play
-
Marlins vs Mets - 5/26 @ 7:05 PM
Time for a 6 run 9th to stun the Mets.
-
Marlins vs Mets - 5/26 @ 7:05 PM
I can't wait till we get Kim and Wes out of the rotation and replace them with JJ and Anibal...
-
Anyone here excited about our future bullpen arms?
What I like most about that bullpen is all of them will be back next year and for years to come.
-
Mutts @ Fish, 5/25, 7:05 p.m.
I can't help but think we are rushing K-Mart back...a rehab assignment already next week? But maaaan...as good as our pen has been this year...I can't imagine adding him to it this year.
-
Mutts @ Fish, 5/25, 7:05 p.m.
Willis - Olsen - Sanchez - Johnson - Mitre, when healthy, has to be the best rotation in the NL.
-
Questions for AAA Catcher John Baker
Does he feel like his arm/defense is good enough for the MLB level?
-
Hermida sparks life to the lineup
What has me really excited about Hermida's start is that nearly ALL of his at bats have come against LHP. His confidence has to be sky high right now.
-
5/16 - Marlins @ Pirates - 7:05 PM
2-1 post Julio
-
5/16 - Marlins @ Pirates - 7:05 PM
Excellent win
-
5/16 - Marlins @ Pirates - 7:05 PM
Man, I really like Gregg, Tank, Pinto, Owens, Lindstom as closers...what a huge difference from last season.
-
MLB to televise draft
I'll definitely be interested in watching this. It'd be cool to see video of all the prospects when they are drafted, GM interviews, etc.
-
Marlins to issue Stadium Statement on Saturday
What was the statement? I haven't seen it yet...
-
Anibal Sanchez optioned to AAA
Didnt he have some kind of injury scare before spring training?
-
May 2, 2007 - Marlins vs. Mets @ 1:10pm
Great AB Cody...cmon Borchard!
-
May 2, 2007 - Marlins vs. Mets @ 1:10pm
Nice! I hope we see Miguel Olivo pinch hit here...or maybe Scott Olsen
-
Mitre will start Saturday... Julio back Fri/Sat/Sun?
I wouldn't bring Julio back unless another reliever gets injured. Field will probably go down for Julio. field already got sent down for nolasco Then it could be Gardner in danger of being sent down. Again. And possibly Obermueller. I agree...Obermueller is going down when Mitre is called up...then I'd guess Gardner is the odd man out when Julio is ready. I wonder...who goes down when Josh Johnson is ready in a month...Messenger? I guess once we get that far, it'd be a good problem to have.
-
Just for fun
This thing is pretty cool, but it seems flawed. I put in my lineup for my sim league team, and it keeps batting my pitcher 8th and makes my 9th hitter a guy with a 0.361 OBA and 0.410 SLG.