Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

costabear

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by costabear

  1. I'd love to add him...but what other teams do you see fit that description as the unknown team? My #1 guess would be the Pirates...if they moved Bay to RF. I could really see Bonds going back to where it all began.
  2. If we traded Jacobs...who do we stick in there at 1B?
  3. I'd take that in a heartbeat.
  4. costabear replied to a post in a topic in Miami Marlins
    #1 AJ Burnett #2 Juan Pierre #3 Antonio Alfonseca
  5. Don't get me wrong though, there's no GM I'd rather have in the entire league.
  6. If you think Ryan shouldn't have won it over Beinfest, take a second look at the Castillo trade.
  7. I'm pretty confident Uggla will win it.
  8. I was very happy to vote against Tom Lee. Hopefully the people we have in place now can help us finally get our stadium!
  9. So with the election tomorrow...has there been anyone that is saying promising things about getting the Marlins a stadium (or at least being positive about it)? I'm split on a few different votes and if anyone is promising to help the Marlins get a stadium would swing my vote in their favor.
  10. Had to vote for Joe Angel. And the Marlins are in the WIN column!
  11. I heard Rich and Tommy say that once, which is why I said it. I just wanted to be able to read the numbers is all. Thanks for the help.
  12. Do you guys know of anywhere where I can find where the Marlins rank in terms of local TV ratings? I was in argument with this ignorant guy who keeps telling me how nobody cares about the Marlins here, and I kept telling him that our local TV ratings are in the top half of MLB. I'm pretty positive it's true, but I'd like to come up with some physical proof.
  13. I'd rather see us trade for Brad Lidge
  14. I can't recall how good Dave Roberts is defensively, but if he's even above average, i'd love that signing. I've always been a fan of his.
  15. Additionally, Fehr demanded some type of guarantee that revenue-sharing funds transferred to small-market teams be used to improve the team on the field, not the franchise's bottom line, the executives told USA TODAY. Fehr has said many times this has been one of the union's major concerns with revenue sharing. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/co...abor-deal_x.htm You can officially call this the Loria Rule Actually no. My understanding is teams are allowed "mulligans", for example the Marlins in 2006. The new rule is regarding the teams that have a track record of doing this and the Marlins, having spent $120 million+ over 2004-2005 don't fit the profile. As long as payroll continues to move higher you won't see this applied against the Fish. Is there a specific amount of money the team must spend on payroll?
  16. They wanted Scott Olsen for Joey Gathright. Give that some thought before you start believeing that TB will take a reasonable trade offer. They'll ask for the stars and moon and expect to get somene like Kazmir in every trade. If only the other 29 teams in the league were called the New York Mets...
  17. Gotta go for the NL...but I think Tigers take this in 5.
  18. Hey, here's a bright idea. Let's add ANOTHER strike out machine to our lineup.
  19. This is great news since he tends to work great with our young pitchers. As for Tosca, any 411 on this guy? Wasn't he like a former manager for the Blue Jays or something?? Yes, he managed the Jays for 3 seasons.
  20. Can someone do Joe Girardi?
  21. There goes the 2007 season...
  22. I thought Resop had a good year...
  23. Who was the best offensive position player of 2006? - Cabrera The worst? - Abercrombie Who was the best defensive position player of 2006? - Uggla (wow) The worst? - Abercrombie Who was the best bench player of 2006? Helms The worst? Does Eric Reed count? Who was the best starting pitcher of 2006? - Josh Johnson The worst? - Moehler Who was the best relief pitcher of 2006? - Tank (Damn I wish Carlos Martinez didnt get hurt) The worst? Messenger
  24. Best news I've heard all offseason.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.