Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2006 WS: Who Will Win? Who Are You Rooting For?

Featured Replies

Position by Position:

STL/DET/Edge:

C. Molina/ Rodriguez/ Tigers

1B. Pujols/ Casey/ Cards

2B. Belliard/ Polanco/ Cards

3B. Rolen/ Inge/ Cards

SS. Eckstein/ Guillen/ Tigers

LF. Duncan/ Monroe/ Cards

CF. Edmonds/ Granderson/ Cards

RF. Encarnacion/ Ordonez/ Tigers

DH. Spiezio/ Thames/ Tigers

SP. Carpenter/ Robertson/ Cards

SP. Suppan/ Verlander/ Tigers

SP. Reyes/ Rogers/ Tigers

SP. Weaver/ Bonderman/ Tigers

CL. Wainwright/ Jones/ Tigers

MR. Tigers

Bench. Tigers

Man. La Russa/ Leyland/ Tigers

 

Cardinals were able to make the World Series because the National League was so pathetic...they are pretty outmatched

Although in a best of seven, anything can happen

How is Belliard better than Polanco?

 

Anyways, Tigers in 6. It's obvious who I'm rooting for.

  • Author

How is Belliard better than Polanco?

 

Anyways, Tigers in 6. It's obvious who I'm rooting for.

 

Bandwagon jumper :p

j/p

Anyways, Polanco can't hit...he had just 23 extra base hits and 17 walks all year...Belliard's slugging percentage is 39 points higher while his OBP is just 7 points lower

My dad's a big Tiger fan so I'll guess I'll root for them...plus they were one of the better signing teams

Meh. Right now I take Polanco, but I know what you mean. He was criticized for being a "singles hitter" while he was healthy this year. However, he's been on fire for the playoffs.

 

That's why I asked. No biggie.

I have Tigers in 5-6.

 

I would rather see Detroit win, mostly because there are a bunch of former Marlins, including GM Dave Dombrowski and manager Jim Leyland.

 

But I will be happy with either, since the Mets and Yankees aren't in it (thank god).

I don't really care who wins. I think whichever team wins should get hats and

shirts that say "at least it ain't the mets".

 

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

  • Author

This is pretty much the Tigers series to lose...everything has to go right for St. Louis for them to win

I hope Leyland and Dombrowski put a marvelous ending to a heckofa season. I like the Cardinals would love Edmonds to get a WS ring...either way I am ok with it

 

BTW Polanco is a better player than Belliard

I don't really care who wins. I think whichever team wins should get hats and

shirts that say "at least it ain't the mets".

Couldn't have said it any better. My mission has already been accomplished. Keep the Mutts out of the WS. Done!

Tigers in 5. I think they were baseball's best team this year despite the brain fart to end the season. Plus, they look eerily similar to last year's White Sox. As much as I'd like the NL to take one, it's hard as a Marlins fan to not root for Detroit.

 

On a separate note, if the Cards don't win, I think they're officially the Buffalo Bills of baseball.

I don't really care who wins. I think whichever team wins should get hats and

shirts that say "at least it ain't the mets".

Couldn't have said it any better. My mission has already been accomplished. Keep the Mutts out of the WS. Done!

 

Heh Heh.. Love it! :notworthy

I'm just glad despite all the struggles our team is back in the World Series.. of course we dont stand a chance but I'll take that chance.. We didnt stand a chance of making the playoffs.. made em.. didnt stand a chance to beat the Padres.. beat em.. didnt stand a chance against the Mets.. beat em.. dont stand a chance against the Tigers? We'll see what happens..

 

Honestly I just want my team to show up in the WS this year and get a couple wins at that.. a WS title would be amazing though.. the chances of that happening arent great but who knows? That's why they play the games!

I'm just glad despite all the struggles our team is back in the World Series.. of course we dont stand a chance but I'll take that chance.. We didnt stand a chance of making the playoffs.. made em.. didnt stand a chance to beat the Padres.. beat em.. didnt stand a chance against the Mets.. beat em.. dont stand a chance against the Tigers? We'll see what happens..

 

Honestly I just want my team to show up in the WS this year and get a couple wins at that.. a WS title would be amazing though.. the chances of that happening arent great but who knows? That's why they play the games!

 

worst. "fan". ever.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.