Everything posted by CTMarlinsfan
-
Free Cone Day
grrr...I was in NYC Grand Central on the 15th...I want free ice cream
-
My NYC story
well here is a timeline of events from my trip to NYC today....depending on how you look at it, it either sucked or was the best day ever 1:15pm take the bus to New Haven Union Station...the rain and wind are there, but it's not too bad 1:57pm train leaves for Grand Central...uneventful train ride 3:42pm train arrives at Grand Central...calm as usual...for now 4:30pm I make my way to Carnegie Hall to buy my tickets 5:00pm it's off to Times Square...I'm soaking wet from the rain already, and so is the Times Square Subway station. In fact, most of the station had water dripping from somewhere...I hit up the Virgin Megastore to kill time and dry off... 5:30pm dinner time at McDonalds...but I'm still hungry 6:00pm to the M&Ms store...I buy some of the NYC taxi mix and make my own Marlins mix...teal, silver, black, and orange! 6:30pm after aimlessly walking through Times Square and sucessfully killing an hour, I find a diner and sit at the counter...I order the strawberry cheesecake...it's to die for! 6:35pm my friend calls me, all trains have been suspended at Grand Central because of flooding in the tunnels... 6:40pm being right in times square I hop on the shuttle to GCT and find chaos...trains leaving for nowhere, people going nowhere, I realize I gotta leave town 7:00pm I'm back at Carnegie Hall, where my high school's chorus concert is still an hour and a hlaf away...I beg and plead for a refund and get it...I then wait and try to say hi to anyone I know (to no avail) while I stay on hold with Metro-North 7:30pm, I hope on the subway back to times square 7:40pm I head over to wait for a 2 train to the Bronx...my goal (along with hundreds of other people): to get to 233rd street 7:50pm There's the train...express through manhattan, then local 8:30pm concert begins 8:30pm my friend calls, all trains are back to normal....so I could have seen the concert!?!?!? 8:45pm we arrive at 233rd St. We now hike 3 blocks (many people with luggage) in the rain, in the darkness, to Woodlawn, a station on the railroad 9:27pm Woodlawn=CHAOS! We wait for our train to arrive and it's a miracle nobody was trampled as we filed down the stairs...I go to the last train and nobodys there...finally, I get to relax. 9:28pm did I say relax, it's a local train to Stamford! We gotta make every stop....oh well, at least I'll hit up a Nw Haven train when I get there. 10:18 train to New Haven leaves Stamford 10:19 our train arrives at Stamford...we now have to wait until 11:06 to get a train...and this with not announcements saying otherwise. The conductor made it sound as if another train was on the way. 11:06: finally, an hour later, the train arrives and I can sit and relax for another hour until we get into New Haven. 12:11 we arrive at New Haven and hop in my roommates car and head home... crappy day or fun day? you be the judge
-
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves
I'm going to be grabbing my canoe and going to NYC and Carnegie Hall today, so no Fish for me! Worst flooding in 15 years apperently GO FISH!
-
Starting Game Threads
whens todays GT being unlocked?
-
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves
put it back on? well, my roommate has dragged me to a family feud tournament...enjoy the game folks
-
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves
mcwkm, where in Ct are you I'm sure we've had this convo before
-
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves
giants vs. pirates already rained out. so no bonds homers tonight. seems like it's raining more than ever in most of the country this year. or snowing
-
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves
SS Hanley CF Alfy not good news if Hanley gets hurt
-
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Marlins @ Braves
well not raining now...but strong to severe T-Storms all the way to midninght... All Hail 11Alive (best local TV station in Atlanta by and large)
-
Heckling the visiting team
Last year when Toronto came to town I was sitting in the Fish Tank and some guys were LAYING into Vernon Wells yelling "Where the hell do you play? Canada!?" in which he responded "At least people go to our games." lol. He was pretty playful even in the middle of at bats. Borch also talked back to fans during a game last year vs the Cubs... I'm a curtious heckler...I go to a lot of road games in NY since I live up here 1/2 the year, in Marlins gear, and I try to be loud...but at the end of the game, I try to shake hands with the fans around me, thank them for being good sports and stuff...if you're gonna heckle, at least have good sportsmanship!
-
Potential Marlins/Lightning conflict on FSN Florida on April 18th
GO DEVILS! :devil
-
Mets series May 25-27th
I like founders field myself...but my dads company is back to row 1 behind the visitors dugout
-
So wild guess here but...
and it doesn't matter...Vander Hurk has been used, so unless one of your unused pitchers gets hurt, your SOL since this is game 1 part 2 pretty much... this is NOT a new game.
-
4/10/07: Brewers at Marlins
no Weeks or Hanley today Counsell Hardy Fielder Hall Estrada Jenkins Hart Graff Amezaga Uggla Cabrera Jacobs Willingham Borchard Olivo De Aza if I was Freddy, I'd switch Alfy and De Aza Agreed. and to anyone who says otherwise, yes I'm aware it worked last night...
-
4/10/07: Brewers at Marlins
no Weeks or Hanley today Counsell Hardy Fielder Hall Estrada Jenkins Hart Graff Amezaga Uggla Cabrera Jacobs Willingham Borchard Olivo De Aza if I was Freddy, I'd switch Alfy and De Aza
-
Marlins /Braves
nice...a real TV for a weekend Saturday is going to rock...THRASHERS HOCKEY AT 3 then MARLINS @ BRAVES at 7(:35?)
-
Hockey Awards
Hart:Crosby (MVP) Vezina:Luongo (top goalie) Calder:Malkin (RoY) Norris:Neidermeyer (Best Defenseman)
-
4/10/07: Brewers at Marlins
go Vanden Hurk!
-
Male Births Decline
...and yet I still don't have a girlfriend... go figure
-
Alex Fernandez's Baseball Shop
a little expensive on balls (got some for general use) but overall, its a great shop and Alex is always there...he's really a nice guy. Now, I'm not a pro, nor do I use pro equipment, so I'm not going to go there that often.
-
4/8/07: Phillies at Marlins
hanley hammy
-
4/8/07: Phillies at Marlins
well that inning sucked...go get the rookie now!
-
4/8/07: Phillies at Marlins
crowds looking thin 10 mins pregame Some pregame segments are pre-recorded. instacam and they're talking behind the national anthem
-
4/8/07: Phillies at Marlins
crowds looking thin 10 mins pregame
-
4/8/07: Phillies at Marlins
how many people are they expecting? Hows the weather?