Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CTMarlinsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CTMarlinsfan

  1. we're taking pitches right down the pipe
  2. at least we got an out...but he looked safe....
  3. I'm already hating delgado tonight and LoDuca bases full of '05 marlins
  4. I fly standby 99% of the time, and with standby you get on the flight the vast majority of times. However, in this case Atlanta is the hub of AirTran, so I'd predict it'll be rather difficult to fly standby into Atlanta, but on the return trip there shouldn't be a problem. the game is on a low travel day of wednesday... but is it worth getting to the airport at 4am for a 1pm game? how much is it to just buy a ticket and not show up at 4am? Is it 69 total or each way? I know southwest and jetblue have some cheap fares. $69 e/w to standby vs $119 e/w to buy it
  5. I might go to that Giants game for the shirt...it says in the Hammer's Slammers page it's a 7:05 game, but it is a 1:05 game as it is a RARE getaway Monday!
  6. I fly standby 99% of the time, and with standby you get on the flight the vast majority of times. However, in this case Atlanta is the hub of AirTran, so I'd predict it'll be rather difficult to fly standby into Atlanta, but on the return trip there shouldn't be a problem. the game is on a low travel day of wednesday... but is it worth getting to the airport at 4am for a 1pm game?
  7. as far as other countries and boats, the satellite signal only goes through the United states and some countries near the US...there have been reports that people in the Caymans get our Satellite radio for example... so for boats, if you're fishing in the Atlantic near the shore...should work... if you're taking that round the world boat trip...not so much... ECHOSTAR (DirecTV) has satellites in Africa and Asia, but I do not believe it works with DirecTV, so internationally it is not going to work. I would want to know if they make Satellite TV for cars yet (back seats obviously)
  8. Ok, so I know this isn't an airline fansite or anything...but I was wondering if anyone knows about the AirTranU program (formerly X-Fares) designed for cheap tickets for college students. Apperently, You go to the counter and for $69 (89 on long haul) get a standby pass and you're put on the next available flight. I'm thinking about doing this to go to Atlanta for a Marlins game on June 5. Has anyone done this before? What if there is no room on the last flight of the day? I am interning Tuesday and Thursday if I go, so I have to make the flight.
  9. that's why I went to private school...at least they don't teach you for a test...that's just dumb... Someone I know had a book they give to the 5th graders "Preparing for the F-Cat" or something and it had a picture of cat on it...i said to her, that's shameful, you shouldn't be learning that.
  10. he confessed and said he owed it to the victims to die...in other words he wanted to die...in this case, I have no complaints... usually I do not support the deathe penalty.
  11. good they do this after our top 3 point shooter is gone...although he liked the NBA range shot... our all around good palyer could also hit an NBA shot, so I'm not worried...it's just too bad they have to do the floor at our 1 year old arena
  12. Amezaga was fine tonight...its too bad the game wasn't on TV, but from being at the game, Amezaga is at no fault tonight Amezaga for Gold Glove everyone! haha...but he is not at fault for the loss...I'm sorry, but unless you're Michael Johnson, you're not getting that ball
  13. I blame Freddi...if he brings in Gardner, then Tank, then anyone else, we're fine. TANK IS NOT A 6TH INNING MAN!!! Bottom line! Anything that happened after the 8th, I put no blame on the players...Freddi should have put Pinto at least in for the 9th. But, after our amazing comeback (should have been over by the time willingham was hit...and it appeared Hanley ran through the stop sign, although I was too busy watching the throw to notice...and he was out by a mile) everything else just falls into place. Losses happen, and this is just one of those losses you can't blame on anyone...we'll get 'em tomorrow that doesn't make much sense just because it was the 6th inning didn't mean anything we needed a stopper there, and Tank is supposed to be one of them oh and Hanley was safe :thumbup I just don't like the decision to use Tank there...you shouldn't be playing matchups in the 6th inning...if you switch Gardner and Tank, I think you're fine. I'm waiting for video confirmation on Hanley being safe...but from my section 126 view, he was out
  14. Amezaga was fine tonight...its too bad the game wasn't on TV, but from being at the game, Amezaga is at no fault tonight
  15. I blame Freddi...if he brings in Gardner, then Tank, then anyone else, we're fine. TANK IS NOT A 6TH INNING MAN!!! Bottom line! Anything that happened after the 8th, I put no blame on the players...Freddi should have put Pinto at least in for the 9th. But, after our amazing comeback (should have been over by the time willingham was hit...and it appeared Hanley ran through the stop sign, although I was too busy watching the throw to notice...and he was out by a mile) everything else just falls into place. Losses happen, and this is just one of those losses you can't blame on anyone...we'll get 'em tomorrow
  16. no problem...I actually am interning over here at 790 in production and I was listening to Sid's show...I completely forgot about it until Fredi came on the air though...if you ever get a chance to listen to Sid's show, it's a little out there, but funny and he makes great points. He also has Jason Starke (baseball writer) on every Wednesday at 2. He is a diehard Mets fan and does talk NY sports a lot, but still a great show imho Very cool you have an internship there. No offense but I can't stand Sid Rosenburg. He is way to high and mighty all the time and talks way to much about pop culture. Plus I'm sick of hearing about the New York Hockey Rangers :lol he's exactly the same in person...but it definently makes things lively here!
  17. no problem...I actually am interning over here at 790 in production and I was listening to Sid's show...I completely forgot about it until Fredi came on the air though...if you ever get a chance to listen to Sid's show, it's a little out there, but funny and he makes great points. He also has Jason Starke (baseball writer) on every Wednesday at 2. He is a diehard Mets fan and does talk NY sports a lot, but still a great show imho
  18. he also said Jake back next week and everyone back by the end of the year... also, he'd like a player in a trade but does not want to lose anyone on the team. "You'd have to give someone up to get someone"
  19. Fredi is calling into Sid Rosenberg now...highlight so far, Fredi will keep Abercrombie at the 1 hole for "long term" and Hanley is a "middle of the lineup man"
  20. it's PH*** the PHillies... not f*** the phillies just wanted to clarify
  21. well I have a personal feud with my friend who works for the Phillies, but other than that joking feud I have no ill will towards them...the Mets and the Braves, however...
  22. I love the Ducks here, I predicted them to win it all...but my classmate's brother plays for Ottawa, so I'm going to have to root for them...but it's a no lose situation for me!
  23. mlb.com: The surging Marlins will look to capture their seventh win in eight tries Wednesday in the second game of their home series against Philadelphia. Florida extended its winning streak to a season-long four games with a 5-3 win in Tuesday's series opener. Byung-Hyun Kim, coming off a win in his first start as a Marlin last week, will take the mound for Florida. Kim will be looking to win consecutive starts for the first time since July 28 and August 2, 2006. Right-hander Freddy Garcia, winless in his last five outings, will start for the Phillies. Miguel Cabrera, who homered off Garcia when the two teams met in April, is riding a modest six-game hitting streak after collecting a pair of hits in Tuesday's win. In seven games against the Phillies this season, Cabrera is hitting .466 with two home runs and six RBIs. Both teams sit at 22-23, tied for third in the NL East. Pitching matchup FLA: RHP Byung-Hyun Kim (2-2, 7.15 ERA) Kim impressed everyone in his first start in a Marlins uniform, and earned the win after he held the Rays to two earned runs on six hits -- two of them homers -- over 5 1/3 innings. The siderarm-throwing Kim fanned five and walked three, and had what manager Fredi Gonzalez called "surprising velocity," with pitches in the 90-91 mph range. It was Kim's first Major League outing since April 15, as he suffered a right thumb contusion that day and spent the rest of his time rehabbing at Colorado's Triple-A affiliate. Kim is 4-2 in 16 career games against Philadelphia, with a 3.18 ERA. PHI: RHP Freddy Garcia (1-3, 4.86 ERA) Garcia is still struggling to go deeper in games, as he needed 114 pitches to get through 6 2/3 innings in his last start. Manager Charlie Manuel lifted him when things got dicey, and Garcia voiced his displeasure after that game. Garcia wants to be allowed to clean up his own mess, but that can't happen until he shows he can be more economical with his pitches. Player to watch Chase Utley has been a notorious Marlins-killer. In 54 career games against Florida, the Philadelphia second baseman has hit .348 with 13 home runs -- five more than he has against any other team. Utley went 1-for-3 in Tuesday's loss. Kim is also 2-for-4 with a home run against projected Marlins starter Byung-Hyun Kim. Tickets Buy tickets now to catch the game in person. On the Internet MLB.TV Gameday Audio ? Gameday ? Official game notes On television ? No TV On radio ? WQAM 560, WQBA 1140 (Espa?ol) Up next ? Thursday: Marlins (Dontrelle Willis, 6-3, 4.86) vs. Philadelphia (Jon Lieber, 2-2, 3.00), 7:05 p.m. ET ? Friday: Marlins (Sergio Mitre, 2-2, 2.25) vs. New York (John Maine, 5-2, 2.77), 7:05 p.m. ET ? Saturday: Marlins (Wes Obermueller, 1-2, 3.71) vs. New York (TBD), 7:05 p.m. ET PHILLIES TV: CSN I'll be there...I don't know where I'll be sitting, since I'm kinda short on cash right now, but I will be there today! GO FISH!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.