Marlins-Phillies feud?

It is good to beat the Phillies ace like we did. He slipped for a few minutes, and we took advantage of it, coming from behind to beat him.

As far as Olsen goes, good for him. He threw down the gauntlet and the Phillies cannot stepup. The way Olsen has bounced back to dominate the Phillies, relatively, since last season has been impressive.

It is good to beat the Phillies ace like we did. He slipped for a few minutes, and we took advantage of it, coming from behind to beat him.

As far as Olsen goes, good for him. He threw down the gauntlet and the Phillies cannot stepup. The way Olsen has bounced back to dominate the Phillies, relatively, since last season has been impressive.

When has Olsen dominated the Phillies?

Like I said, relatively. Last season the Phillies killed Olsen. This season? He has beaten them twice.

Like I said, relatively. Last season the Phillies killed Olsen. This season? He has beaten them twice.

The offense bailed him out twice.

The offense bailed him out twice.

How did the offense bail him out in the first game? When he left the game he was ahead. This game, I guess you could say that. But would you say he pitched poorly? I would say Jayson Werth just had a good day.

I liked how he responded after giving up the dingers. I thought for sure he was going into one of his complete meltdowns in the 6th. But with a little help from the bench he settled down and took it one pitch at a time. IMO we are watching this kid mature into a pitcher this year. I'm still not ready to go out and buy a #34 jersey but I will start looking for the one I like best.

Offense bailed him out? It's not like he's been terrible. He only allowed 3 runs in each game. When your team scores runs, it doesn't mean your pitcher is "bailed out" just to let you know.

You could also say the offense let him down big time. All those chances in the earlier innings going for nothing. Domination may be too powerful a word. He did his job. Kept us in the game and pitched instead of just throwing and letting his emotions get the best of him. And all this against their best pitcher.

"Nope. Nope. Nope," the usually talkative Olsen responded to every request to explain his anger. "5-3 Marlins. That's all I'm going to say."

Olsen's ego is ridiculous. The Phillies have dominated him in his career and how does he respond? He disrespects them. He needs to grow the f*** up.

And yes, the offense did bail him out.

"I vent whenever I feel like it," said Olsen, who didn't offer many specifics about his outburst. "It happened to be right there."

Point proven! :whistle

Nothing wrong with hating the Phillies. I think more Marlin players should join in on the hate, especially towards Chase Utley.

:rolleyes:

I think you will find there is alot of hated between many teams. Most players just don't have the balls to say it. Or as you would probably call it they keep there ego's in check.

I personally love the firey attitude from Olsen. It makes him pitch well and that's what matters with me. Get the job done and win the game. Oh yeah he didn't dominate the Phils tonight but he kept us in the game. He fired up the offense after that top of the 6th and there was no looking back.

I'm a huge fan of Olsen's and love his tenacity and hatred for our rivals.

Everybody's doing the FISH!!! :thumbup

Nothing wrong with hating the Phillies. I think more Marlin players should join in on the hate, especially towards Chase Utley.

I think you will find there is alot of hated between many teams. Most players just don't have the balls to say it. Or as you would probably call it they keep there ego's in check.

I personally love the firey attitude from Olsen. It makes him pitch well and that's what matters with me. Get the job done and win the game. Oh yeah he didn't dominate the Phils tonight but he kept us in the game. He fired up the offense after that top of the 6th and there was no looking back.

His attitude towards everything goes far past just our rivals. If this were the Blue Jays, I bet he would have done the same thing.

Guest FishFanInPA

"Nope. Nope. Nope," the usually talkative Olsen responded to every request to explain his anger. "5-3 Marlins. That's all I'm going to say."

Olsen's ego is ridiculous. The Phillies have dominated him in his career and how does he respond? He disrespects them. He needs to grow the f*** up.

"I vent whenever I feel like it," said Olsen, who didn't offer many specifics about his outburst. "It happened to be right there."

OMG....Logic?!!? Someone doesn't like Olsen? no way.....

His attitude towards everything goes far past just our rivals. If this were the Blue Jays, I bet he would have done the same thing.

Good thing we won the game eh? Olsen would be getting raped today on this board if he didn't.

Good thing we won the game eh? Olsen would be getting raped today on this board if he didn't.

Exactly. And its stupid for anyone's mind to turn a complete 180 to the fact that he has a bad attitude and needs to grow up just because we won.

Exactly. And its stupid for anyone's mind to turn a complete 180 to the fact that he has a bad attitude and needs to grow up just because we won.

Win or lose I love his attitude. As long as it's not directed to the fans ala AJ then I'm cool with it. The fact is even if we lost last nights game he kept us in the game for 6+ giving up only 3 runs and striking out 6. So his attitude had no direct effect on his performance as he managed to get out of the inning after the Utley walk. The problem is alot of people on here would have blamed that outburst as the cause for the loss. I'll take 3 runs anyday from any of our starters.

OMG....Logic?!!? Someone doesn't like Olsen? no way.....

I don't dislike him. I think he has a pretty good arm. But his attitude is terrible.

Win or lose I love his attitude. As long as it's not directed to the fans ala AJ then I'm cool with it. The fact is even if we lost last nights game he kept us in the game for 6+ giving up only 3 runs and striking out 6. So his attitude had no direct effect on his performance as he managed to get out of the inning after the Utley walk. The problem is alot of people on here would have blamed that outburst as the cause for the loss. I'll take 3 runs anyday from any of our starters.

I wouldn't have said that it was why we lost unless he completely lost control. A QS is a QS and I'm not taking that away from him. But he needs to learn how to keep his emotions in check. The mommy and daddy visit from Kranitz is not something that needs to happen. Believe it or not, that kind of sh*t brings the team's morale down. To be honest, I'm surprised they responded like they did.

For whatever reason most Marlins fans adore Olsen. Last September when the Phillies beat the crap out of him there was an Olsen lovefest in here because he beamed a hitter and I think even if we lost last night's game there would be an Olsen lovefest because he called Utley an a**hole.

Guest FishFanInPA

Boo-hoo, everyone hates AJ because he says the fans don't show up....excuse him for speaking the truth. Olsen's attitude is going to get him in trouble. If he was such a big man, he would have hit Utley instead of walking him. Scott has a boatload of talent but a 10 cent head.