Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CTMarlinsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CTMarlinsfan

  1. who cares about the speed...this is one sexy new forum. Yes, I did just use the word sexy to describe this website!
  2. AFAIK some teams (I'm not sure about the Marlins) do not do Sunday BP as it is a day game. Mainly teams in warmer weather cities do not follow the practice, but I am not sure about the Marlins.
  3. I might go...still TBD which games I go to that weekend, but probably 2/3 and possibly Sunday
  4. great...Allen was the only good part of the Luongo deal
  5. I have the entire Game 7 telecast, which I taped for posterity. I'll ask my son if he can figure out some way to share it with any who may be interested. do you have express written consent from Major League Baseball and The Florida Marlins L.P.?
  6. bah! 790 The Ticket is still the best station in South Florida. LONG LIVE WAXY
  7. And if anyone cares, they're selling the sleeveless jersey in the club-level team-store. Unfortunately, only blank, no player's names on the back. only the club level. I'm going to see if my parents will let me buy it Tuesday as a birthday present. Does the gift shops take credit cards?
  8. I try to go to 10-20 games a year (including road games) although I intentionally pick giveaways/no TV games as often as possible becuase I want the stuff! I would still go to the games regardless. And the 1997 night is supposed to be for people who want to recognize that team. any idea how the expected crowd is and if they're going to open the upper deck for the true 1997 expirence?
  9. i believe the trophies are Tuesday and the ring THURSDAY the same day as the throwback day. I was a walk up last night btw...and I don't regret it!
  10. btw to those of us who braved the rain in 106-110...do you all agree that the bullpen coach is extremely nice, but that guy from Publix should have been thrown out. I have no idea how he made it home with his kids as he was clearly WASTED!!! And then in like the 7th a family just invaded my seats...so I got up to use the men's room and they were in my seat when I got back...It was 12am at the time, so I decided not to make a big deal out of it, but they also got like 100 balls for the kids which pissed me off. I'm trying to enjoy a game and they're standing up in front of me tryin to get balls. great chants tonight guys. my favorite was when Stokes called the guy fat and then he flat out sucked and the guy screams "I'm still fat over here!" Thanks for really making me laugh and making it feel like it wasn't midnight guys! haha you are very welcome, thanks for the compliment :notworthy haha I knew that was you...next time I'm over there I'll try to stop by. last 2 games I've been to, I've been on the aisle in row 2
  11. btw to those of us who braved the rain in 106-110...do you all agree that the bullpen coach is extremely nice, but that guy from Publix should have been thrown out. I have no idea how he made it home with his kids as he was clearly WASTED!!! And then in like the 7th a family just invaded my seats...so I got up to use the men's room and they were in my seat when I got back...It was 12am at the time, so I decided not to make a big deal out of it, but they also got like 100 balls for the kids which pissed me off. I'm trying to enjoy a game and they're standing up in front of me tryin to get balls. great chants tonight guys. my favorite was when Stokes called the guy fat and then he flat out sucked and the guy screams "I'm still fat over here!" Thanks for really making me laugh and making it feel like it wasn't midnight guys!
  12. no rain checks for the delay afaik...i'm going to ask before tomorrows game...it says if the rain delay is 90 mins or more, there are rain checks, but the delay was 86 mins.
  13. phew that game was a mess...between working 9-5:30, I got to the stadium around 6:30 (drove through some bad rain), sat in the rain until 8:30 (got up for dinner), and then had to sit for a 4 hour game!!! I'm so beat, and I have to be at work in the morning but I'm going to tomorrow's game too! btw, WE WANT STOKES WE WANT STOKES!!!
  14. since I'm going after this extremely hot girl on the Quinnipiac softball team, I will respectfully disagree.... but Zona is a helluva lot hotter than Tennessee was!
  15. Congratulations Arizona, but Tennessee had a chance to be the first SEC team to win the title. IT was a GREAT series and Monica Abbott pitched amazing for Tennessee 53-5 with over 710Ks this year.
  16. we just lost our satellite signal here at 790
  17. wouldn't they just call Linden back up?
  18. they were stalling for time...they are having audio problems, and I believe they are using a cell phone and boxfor the audio as this sounds like the audio for our gmae at school.
  19. thanks for listening guys. Sid and Olsen are very good friends and play off each other well...Sid really grilled him today, and he just blew it off. Sid also talked to Schurhultz today, very good interview. Sid is really one of the greater talk show hosts in South Florida imho. Give him a chance and listen ot his full show
  20. courtesy mlb.com: 06/05/2007 12:39 AM ET Mitre opens Marlins' doubleheader Florida (28-30) at Atlanta (32-25), 2:35 p.m. ET, 7:35 p.m. ET By Jeff Lutz / MLB.com Marlins Headlines ? Cabrera helps Marlins top Hudson ? Marlins notes: Mitre gets extra day ? Cabrera jumps one spot in NL voting ? Marlins blanked by Brewers ? Marlins notes: Obermueller to step up ? More Marlins Headlines MLB Headlines ? Ellis hits for cycle vs. Sox ? Soriano's five hits lift Cubs past Crew ? White Sox ease past Yanks in opener ? Lowe flirts with no-no in victory ? Griffey leaps ahead in NL All-Star ballot ? More MLB Headlines ADVERTISEMENT print this page | e-mail this page ? Smoltz returns as Braves play a pair The Marlins will send two pitchers with something to prove to the mound in their day-night doubleheader Tuesday against the Braves in Atlanta. Sergio Mitre, the Game 1 starter, is looking to prove that he's healthy. The right-hander has already missed three turns in the rotation this season with a blister on his right middle finger. Now he's attempting to work through a minor right hamstring strain, which he suffered in his last start on Wednesday against the Cubs. The injury doesn't affect Mitre when he throws, but when he runs. The right-hander has completed his between-start work and on Monday pronounced himself ready to go. Game 2 starter Rick Vanden Hurk, meanwhile, will be trying to prove he belongs in the Major Leagues, a feat the rookie has yet to accomplish. The Netherlands native has made four appearances (three starts) in the Majors this season and owns an 0-1 record and 12.75 ERA in 12 innings. The Braves will counter with Buddy Carlyle, making his second start of the season in the first game, and John Smoltz, who is expected to return to the rotation after leaving his start last Tuesday with a re-aggravation of his dislocated right pinky. He was pushed back from his scheduled start on Monday. "I get a little worried when he's talking about [being injured], because then he's liable to go out and throw nine shutout innings," Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez said of Smoltz. Carlyle made his only start of the season and first since 1999 on May 26, when he took the loss against Philadelphia. Carlyle has made one relief appearance since then and will probably return to the bullpen after Tuesday's start. Atlanta evened up the season series with a win on Monday and sent the Marlins to their fourth loss in five games. Pitching matchup Game 1 FLA: RHP Sergio Mitre (2-2, 1.74 ERA) Mitre left after four shutout innings against the Cubs last Wednesday. In five May starts, he allowed six earned runs in 40 1/3 innings. ATL: RHP Buddy Carlyle (0-1, 9.00 ERA) Carlyle, who has one start and one relief appearance in the Majors this season, lost against Philadelphia on May 26, when he allowed five runs and six hits in four innings. Game 2 FLA: Dave Vanden Hurk (0-1, 12.75 ERA) Vanden Hurk has made two appearances against Atlanta this season, being tagged for eight runs in 3 1/3 innings. ATL: RHP John Smoltz (7-2, 2.82 ERA) Smoltz missed his scheduled turn in the rotation on Monday, but is expected to make the start in the second game. Smoltz is 13-5 with 20 saves in 52 career appearances against the Marlins. Player to watch Alfredo Amezaga has six hits, all singles, in 14 career at-bats against Smoltz. On the Internet MLB.TV Gameday Audio ? Gameday ? Official game notes On television ? FSN Florida On radio ? 560 WQAM, 1140 AM WQBA (Espa?ol) Up next ? Wednesday : Marlins (Scott Olsen, 4-5, 5.35) at Braves (Kyle Davies, 3-3, 4.99), 7:05 p.m. ET ? Friday: Devil Rays (J.P. Howell, 1-0, 1.13) at Marlins (Byung-Hyun Kim, 3-2, 4.40), 7:05 p.m. ET ? Saturday: Devil Rays (James Shields, 5-0, 3.13) at Marlins (Dontrelle Willis, 7-4, 4.70), 7:05 p.m. ET Jeff Lutz is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. we HAVE to win this one, as we face Smoltz in the nightcap and a split is the worst case scenerio we can face today! GO FISH!!!
  21. This thread is now property of the Wes O fan club. Yes we are expecting a very solid effort from Wes tonight. Go Fish. I just honestly hate the bravos more than anybody else. hold on...I am the ultimate Braves' Hater...between my 7 years of the tomohawk chop and my absolute hatred for Admin Jones... I was that guy in Marlins gear in Atlanta during the 1998-2002 years!
  22. credit: mlb.com Marlins set to open big series Florida (27-30) at Atlanta (32-24), 7:05 p.m. ET By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com Marlins Headlines ? Marlins blanked by Brewers ? Marlins notes: Obermueller to step up ? Solid pitching, timely hitting lift Marlins ? Marlins notes: Fiery Olsen regrets incident ? Olsen can't contain Brewers in loss ? More Marlins Headlines MLB Headlines ? A-Rod's long ball lifts Yanks past Sox ? Tigers cruise in finale in Cleveland ? Clemens aims for Saturday ? Vlad buries O's with walk-off homer ? Davis dominant as D-backs top Mets ? More MLB Headlines ADVERTISEMENT print this page | e-mail this page ? Braves back home to face Marlins ? Obermueller's game log ? Watch on MLB.TV | Listen on Gameday Audio After dropping three of four at Milwaukee, the Marlins are ready for a change of scenery. They will get it beginning on Monday, as they take on the Braves at Turner Field in the first of four games. Now 4-3 on the road trip, the Marlins are preparing for a critical series against their division rivals. Three games under, Florida is scratching to get to the .500 mark. On Monday, the Marlins are turning to veteran Wes Obermueller, who is making the start on short rest. The right-hander threw 86 pitches on Thursday night at Milwaukee. In a no-decision, he gave up three runs and struck out five in seven innings. Originally slated to start on Tuesday, Obermueller is going a day earlier, as he flip-flopped with Sergio Mitre. Mitre has been nursing a mild right hamstring strain, and the club hopes the extra day will get him ready to pitch in the first game of Tuesday's split doubleheader. Obermueller has faced the Braves just once in his career. It was in 2003, when he suffered a loss, giving up seven runs in 4 1/3 innings. The Braves are countering with veteran Tim Hudson, who has never lost to the Marlins. Hudson is 5-0 with a 2.10 ERA in nine career starts against Florida. At home this season, Hudson is 3-2 (2.74). Pitching matchup FLA: RHP Wes Obermueller (1-3, 5.02 ERA) Obermueller has a 3.57 ERA over five games, including three starts, on the road this season. ATL: RHP Tim Hudson (6-3, 2.77 ERA) Hudson easily could have been the hard-luck loser Wednesday in Milwaukee, though he turned into the comfortable winner after the Braves gave him seven runs of support in the eighth. The right-hander had allowed just two manufactured runs to that point, one via wild pitch that gave the Brewers a 2-1 lead in the seventh. He allowed the two runs on six hits with three strikeouts. Player to watch Dan Uggla, who had two doubles on Sunday, is 6-for-19 (.316) off Hudson. On the Internet MLB.TV Gameday Audio ? Gameday ? Official game notes On television ? FSN Florida On radio ? 560 WQAM, 1140 AM WQBA (Espa?ol) Up next ? Tuesday: Game 1 -- Marlins (Sergio Mitre, 2-2, 1.74) at Braves (Buddy Carlyle, 0-1, 9.00), 2:35 p.m. ET ? Tuesday: Game 2 -- Marlins (Rick Vanden Hurk, 0-1, 12.75) at Braves (John Smoltz, 7-2, 2.82), 7:35 p.m. ET ? Wednesday: Marlins (Scott Olsen, 4-5, 5.35) at Braves (Kyle Davies, 3-3, 4.99), 1:05 p.m. ET ? Thursday: Off-day a note to our national viewers...today's game is on SportsSouth in the Southeast, so mlb.tv for our out of area viewers, sorry. Wes is working on 3 days rest, but he is taking this one for the team as we have no other options really... And we're better than the Braves...we actually swept the Cubs! This is a crucial series imo...we have to take 3-4. We can do this, go FISH and go Wes, thanks for taking this one for the team.
  23. i head a humming sound...likes its in mono or something...it might be this TV...i have the volume to 60 and can barely hear...but the Alex Fernandez commercial was loud as ______
  24. who is Dan Oogla? I thought Uggla was playing today...
  25. it seems if i turn the audio on FSNFlorida up, the volume doesn't go up. then the commercials are loud...anyone else having the problem?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.