Everything posted by CTMarlinsfan
-
Section 125-130 possible gold mine monday night
hell, I'd just throw it back on the field. This series might be the only one that I hope we only draw 5000...
-
Mets @ Marlins 1:05pm Dolphins Stadium
The Marlins may be facing a difficult opponent in the National League East-leading Mets, but manager Joe Girardi doesn't see any signs of intimidation from his young team. "They know they have ability," Girardi said. "There's no shortage on this team of belief that they can win." That confidence was readily apparent in their sweep of the Cubs earlier this week. It will be tested again on Sunday when they face Mets righty Orlando Hernandez, just acquired on Wednesday from Arizona, in the final game of a three-game set. Girardi caught "El Duque" from 1998-99 when they were teammates on the Yankees, and he said that Hernandez, even at age 36, is as passionate about pitching as he ever has been. "He just wants to pitch," Girardi said. "That's what he cares about -- he loves the game." The Marlins will send Ricky Nolasco to the mound to face Hernandez. Nolasco got his third win of the season in his last outing against the Cubs, allowing one run on four hits in seven innings. The righty also hit a solo home run for his first Major League hit. Following their series against the Mets, the Marlins will continue their homestand with a three-game set against the Giants on Monday. Pitching matchup NYM: RHP Orlando Hernandez (2-4, 6.11 ERA) After struggling early on this season, Hernandez had his strongest start of the season in his last outing against the Pirates. "El Duque" went seven innings, his longest of the season, allowing one run on six hits. FLA: RHP Ricky Nolasco (3-1, 2.89 ERA) The rookie right-hander had a career day in his last outing against the Cubs, pitching seven innings and getting the first two hits of his Major League career. Player to watch Jose Reyes has hit .364 with a home run in three games against the Marlins this season. On the Internet MLB.TV Gameday Audio ? Gameday ? Official game notes On television ? SUN On radio ? 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol) Up next ? Monday: Giants (RHP Matt Morris, 3-5, 5.49) at Marlins (LHP Scott Olsen, 2-3, 6.64), 6:05 p.m. ET ? Tuesday: Giants (LHP Noah Lowry, 1-2, 3.62) at Marlins (RHP Brian Moehler, 2-4, 6.80), 7:05 p.m. ET ? Wednesday: Giants (RHP Jason Schmidt, 4-2, 2.78) at Marlins (RHP Josh Johnson, 4-2, 2.18), 7:05 p.m. ET The Marlins have done 2 things this week that they have not done this season... First) They have had their first sweep Second) They guarentee a winning week In my opinion, with Nolasco vs El Duque, advantage Marlins. El Duque is making his first start for the Mets and Nolasco *ding* is red hot coming off of Monday. We'll see what happens. Another note...my personal Mets' record is 2-0 Mets-Opponents. I will not be there today, so maybe thats a good thing... GO FISH! beat the mets
-
getting autographs at DS tomorrow...
fishfanforever, were u there at the buses? If so I probably saw you. I was about to leave when I decided to circle the stadium and find gate A. There was a group of people there, so I decided to park and wait as i had nothing better to do.
-
Raw Fish
Olsen on his bad habit: ?I smoke cigarettes. Five or six a day. I?m not proud of it, and I?m trying to quit. But I?m not gonna lie about it, either. That?s not my style.? Gasp, a Cubs fan and a smoker. At least he's straightfoward honest
-
Raw Fish
I want to make a comment here on the fun fun fun in the sun sun sun Marlins. These players still have that. They love fans and will not hesitate to look at you and wave or say hi, throw a ball your way, sign an autograph if they can (Treanor especially)and if not, they'll apologize. There are exceptions (caugh...Jacobs) but for the most part, these are young guys who play hard but are still relaxed and love to play. They are major league players, with a minor league heart. When 90% of your team has played in the minors their whole lives, it helps them out imo. Not just in the intereaction with the fans, but on the field in the game as well.
-
Mets @ Marlins-- 1:20pm--Dolphin Stadium
Met fan "I was at the game tonight surrounded by marlins fans and i was EMBARRASSED." where the hell was this person sitting? I'll be there today! I'm predicting 25K 15-20K of those Mets fans...but I think Fish fans will be out in full force for the next 5 games
-
Mets @ Marlins-- 7:35pm--Dolphin Stadium
Go Fish! If we win tonight, Fish4life, you HAVE to post the day game thread before 11 in case I go tomorrow! I'll be out there one day this week. Hopefully sunday...I'm off tomorrow but I want to switch so I can see Nolasco *ding* and because my dad might be getting company seats! (SCORE!) Either way I will be working tonight, but I'll listen to the post game show! GO FISH beat the mets
-
made it on sportscenter
I don't know if you heard me but I yelled..."DO IT AGAIN!"
-
made it on sportscenter
yea but it was a sad excuse for a national anthem...A level at best...maybe rookie. sounded like the first time this girls ever sang.
-
made it on sportscenter
btw, anyone at the game today catch that horrible rendition of the national anthem...just made us look worse around Cubs fans
-
made it on sportscenter
I was the guy on the Borchard homer who didn't even go after the ball, smiling... in my defense it didn't look like a homer and I had no shot anyway! btw, anyone catch when the Cubs fans talked trash to Borchard when he moved to right...he gave them lip. did you see me waving my broom guys? W00T! What a FUN game!
-
getting autographs at DS tomorrow...
sadly no...after JP boarded the bus I gave up. They were going straight to the airport.
-
getting autographs at DS tomorrow...
QUOTE(GiambiNYY25Fan @ May 23 2006, 11:41 PM) You Pray..... unless you have founders field tickets, you won't be getting any good autographs.... also try the parking lot with the millions of other fans, its basically finding gold if you are able to walk away with a marlins autograph where is the parking lot and is it open to the public? you forget we're talking about a marlins home game.
-
getting autographs at DS tomorrow...
batter's box seats, the only way to go you just need connections to score those as in suck Loria's **** becuase thats not worth it. JP actually brought his own car today, and parked inside the Marlins lot. He didn't take the Cubs bus, or park in the visitors area. is it possible to get autographs there? is there a place to wait? how early should I be there?
-
getting autographs at DS tomorrow...
its too bad...my dads company seats are founders feild...and last year right next to the visitor dugout. His boss is out of town though Do they let you in before gametime...can being a former member of the founders club help?
-
Rich Waltz Evil Laughing Video
they laughed today too...wow
-
getting autographs at DS tomorrow...
Basically my question is I will probably be sitting in the fish tank. I want to get JPs autograph on the Cubs as well as any marlins players. I'm bringing 2 balls (my plan is to get 2005 players who were traded away to sign one and get 2006 marlins to sign the others)...so how do I get the autographs? Thanks!
-
Marlins-Mets on FOX Saturday
I'll be at the game too...glad my buddies up north can see me make an @ss of myself on national TV!
-
Half Price Tickets on WEDNESDAY vs. Cubs
tempting...but I'm still gonna go for the $8 fish tank seats!
-
Cubbies @ Marlins-- 7:05pm--Dolphin Stadium
i know we're 30 mins from game time...but still nobody there
-
Cubbies @ Marlins-- 7:05pm--Dolphin Stadium
just f***in activate hermida already damn it see above
-
Cubbies @ Marlins-- 7:05pm--Dolphin Stadium
lineups! Cubbies: JP Cedeno Walker Barrett Jones Ramirez Mabry Murton Marshall FOR YOUR FLORIDA MARLINS!!! Hanley Uggla Miggy C Hammer Aguilla Jake Reggie Miggy O Nabisco HERMIDA IS ON THE BENCH!!!
-
Cubbies @ Marlins-- 7:05pm--Dolphin Stadium
knowing Hermida isn't back yet makes me feel better for not going...the last thing i needed was to miss Hermida's first start back...and I don't think is first game back he'll be starting personally.
-
Cubbies @ Marlins-- 7:05pm--Dolphin Stadium
Hold on a second. Let me look... ... Yep. It looks like him. Find Jeremy now . that's like a bad book of Where's Waldo! too bad Hermida isn't getting the start, will he be on the bench I'm feeling it tonight...10000 fans...9500 of them Cubs fans or Pierre fans...my friends there, I couldn't make it but I'll be there Wednesday for sure! I feel like this is our turn around game folks...can I get a "LET'S GO MARLINS!"
-
who going to this home stand games?????
if my family gets tickets I'm going to try to go tonight or tuesday. Reguardless I am going Wednesday and Saturday no matter how hot it is...no work and its freckin SUMMER VACATION!