Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bollostar

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bollostar

  1. I am not sure if this was posted before :confused BERARDINO: It must be the rookie's hair Published August 26, 2005 "Eventually he's going to get lit," Joe Vargas, who will be at Wrigley today, says with a laugh. "Then we'll see if he cuts his hair." http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mik...la-sports-front 916138[/snapback] :whistle
  2. My bad.... I'll take full blame if we lose.
  3. There's no way in hell we go 26-10 the rest of the way. Not against the teams we have to play. Good thing is, we won't need to do that. We're currently 7 games over .500 (I'm prematurely counting today). If we go 7 more games above .500 the rest of the way, we should be in good shape. I think it'll take 88-90 wins.
  4. Does anybody know until when do we have to pay this guy? It feels like it's been going on forever.
  5. And that is all.
  6. I didn't like this trade AT ALL. How come the Braves got Farnsworth for far lesser prospects than what we traded? This is bullcrap.
  7. A large factor in why pitchers can go deeper in high school games: Competition. Mowing down high schoolers is not the same as facing professionals. You can go 7 innings in HS while throwing a LOT fewer pitches than you would in a pro setting.
  8. Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could post the article about Carlos Lee that's in ESPN. He's my fellow countryman (Panama) and I'm really interested in that article.? Thanks in advance!
  9. I would put him on the 15 day DL and send him to a shrink. Then he can come back and "rehab his injury" in the minors until he regains hi prowess and those AAA pitchers start begging for help. Then we will know he is cured. Seriously though: What are the rules about sending a veteran like Mikey to the minors? I imagine it has something to do with his contract...
  10. Juan Encarnacion appears to be back in his 2003 form and swinging the bat well. 737466[/snapback] You mean the year he had that awesome .313 OBP and .759 OPS? Juan Encarnacion is only 29 and could still be improving his numbers. 737466[/snapback] Really.... gotta love 29 year old prospects. FYI, a player's best season usually comes at age 27. And that's a FACT. If we could sign him to a four year deal worth on average for $5 million a season, he would a great bargain. 737466[/snapback] This has to be some kind of joke. P.S. I think Lowell will have a monster if my MVP 2005 game is correct. 737466[/snapback] Allow me to steal a quote from one of my all-time favorite movies: "Mr. Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things that I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent reponse were you even close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."
  11. "I went to the Saturday game and the only problem I had was when I was in line for food, there was one kid standing in one line and his mother and brother standing in the other. When the kid in front of me got to the window, she moved over and ordered half the food in the place." Erm... that sounds like the smart thing to do. In fact, I see people doing this all the time and this is the first time I've seen someone complaining.
  12. I'd vote for Enc if he had driven in at least one run in our other 4 games. Namely the two extra innings games that we lost. So Beckett it is for me.
  13. Ah, my bad.
  14. I thought this article was pretty good. Has a lot of nice elements and side-stories that came about as consequences of Jeff's addiction. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/conte...lison_0315.html The only thing that really blows about the article is what Karen Crouse wrote in the end. What crap! Somebody fire this woman ASAP.
  15. I think he'll save 10-15 games and blow about half as many, then Jack will give the closing duties to Alfonseca. 729319[/snapback] Are you being sarcastic or serious? If you are being serious, what are you basing your conclusion on? Mota has come into a game with a lead 83 times in his career, and has held it 72 times (67 holds, 5 saves). p.s. I hate it that most articles always list his "5 saves, 11 blown saves" statistic. That's probably THE most unfair way to judge a setup man.
  16. Screw the other teams. Today is the REAL opening day WE SHALL OWN! :respect
  17. Gammons said that he thought a lot of these guys probably bought the stuff in Latin American countries where the stuff is legal. 728719[/snapback] It worries me to see so many latin american names there. I hope its just some kind of aberration... but that would be naive, I guess.
  18. Yankees draw first blood. 728002[/snapback] Sox have 3 more innings and Johnson is out of the game.
  19. And he mentioned something about how the Sox can't possibly replace him. I'd take their rotation this year easily over their rotation last year.
  20. I'm watching it on ESPN with Joe Morgan.... somebody please explain to me what he meant by this: (quoted near enough as I can remember) "Pedro Martinez is a guy that can't really be replaced because of the presence he brings to the game. Every time you have him on the mound YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD AT THAT POSITION." What year is this guy living in? I guess he didn't catch any Pedro games last year. I'm not saying Pedro sux or anything, but his days as one of the best (never mind THE best) are clearly over.
  21. "Pujols > Cabrera" For now... :shifty
  22. 15 spring training innings shouldn't convince anyone when the guy hasn't pitched for so long.
  23. "Most important, Delgado's bat gives the Marlins the closest thing the NL has to an American League lineup." Err.... what about the Cards last season? There might just be a weeny bit of homerism in this article... not that I mind though :thumbup
  24. Juan "still waiting for my 5 tools" Encarnacion
  25. i agree john sounds better 722855[/snapback] His entire family knows him as Ricky, so talk to them... 723169[/snapback] What's their phone number?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.