Issues at Dolphins Stadium

NOLAMARLIN

Just curious as to everyone's experience at Dolphins Stadium for Marlins games.

I was at the Sat/Sun games vs the Nats this past weekend and basically had a good time with little incident but a few things ticked me off.

Sun I was harassed twice by the gatekeepers over my plastic bottle of soda. I had to point out to one of them that it is allowed and to another that I had not opened it twice!

Then, on the concourse on both days lots of people bumping, pushing and shoving. No "excuse me" or anything else. Also, lots of people constantly climbing over me in the seats.

Finally, the whole giveaway for kids deal. The Billy the Marlin bank looks really cool and I find it unfair that it is only given to kids. Kids' don't drive 5 hours or buy tickets or expensive concessions, etc. I have nothing against kids or giveaways for them but why not make all giveaways for all fans? Maybe I have kids or godkids or nieces/nephews at home. I bought tickets and showed up early; why leave anyone out?

Anway, that was my experience.

Curious if anyone else has had the same, better or worse.

The only problem that gets to me is getting out of the parking lot. A lot of A**holes go to games.

But other then that I think that the best seats are in the club level because of its lack of a concourse. The air-conditioned area around the seats are plush and comfortable. No pushing and shoving there.

Then, on the concourse on both days lots of people bumping, pushing and shoving. No "excuse me" or anything else. Also, lots of people constantly climbing over me in the seats.

737635[/snapback]

That is not a stadium issue, that's an issue with most of the @-holes that live here in South Florida. There are some of the rudest, nastiest people in the world who live here and most of them didn't learn "excuse me" or "sorry" in their language back home.

I went to the Saturday game and the only problem I had was when I was in line for food, there was one kid standing in one line and his mother and brother standing in the other. When the kid in front of me got to the window, she moved over and ordered half the food in the place. :plain

what about the obnoxious peanut seller with the groucho marks glasses and nose and mustache...i remember one of the ushers i'm friends with got in a fight with him last year nad told him he was 'a bad peanut seller'

737650[/snapback]

I got peanuts from him on Saturday. He didn't seem so bad...

I've been going to JRS for years, never seen this pushing and shoving even on fully sold games like WS games. And I usualy sit on the Fish tank. Parking is very comfortable as well.

The only thing I hate are the yellers when they seat behind you. You don't want to be losing against the Cubs or Mets and have their fans sitting in your section, or even worst right behind you.

btw, the Fish Tank is not kids friendly.

Only been to one game so far this year. I get annoyed at some of their restrictions as far as bringing stuff into the park but since I know what they look for already I don't have any trouble. The parking was ok, getting out afterwards is usually an adventure when it's packed but we usually take our time leaving so that we don't have to get into the heavy traffic.

That is not a stadium issue, that's an issue with most of the @-holes that live here in South Florida. There are some of the rudest, nastiest people in the world who live here and most of them didn't learn "excuse me" or "sorry" in their language back home.

you just fell into the a**hole category yourself buddy.

what about the obnoxious peanut seller with the groucho marks glasses and nose and mustache...i remember one of the ushers i'm friends with got in a fight with him last year nad told him he was 'a bad peanut seller'

737650[/snapback]

that guy kicks ass

...I get annoyed at some of their restrictions as far as bringing stuff into the park but since I know what they look for already I don't have any trouble. The parking was ok, getting out afterwards is usually an adventure when it's packed but we usually take our time leaving so that we don't have to get into the heavy traffic.

737670[/snapback]

Well put. I usually sit out the after-the-game gridlock for about an hour, then cruise right out.

Finally, the whole giveaway for kids deal. The Billy the Marlin bank looks really cool and I find it unfair that it is only given to kids. Kids' don't drive 5 hours or buy tickets or expensive concessions, etc. I have nothing against kids or giveaways for them but why not make all giveaways for all fans? Maybe I have kids or godkids or nieces/nephews at home. I bought tickets and showed up early; why leave anyone out?

I find it appropiate that it was a "kids only" promo. How many adults out there really need a cartoon piggy-bank anyway? (Memorabilia collectors are the exception, but they're in the minority).

Last year, when they gave out the Budweiser-sponsored Marlins Visors, they were given out to adults only (because of the beer tie-in, I assume). A lot of people threw a fit because their kids didn't get a visor, but had they read the promo properly, they would've been aware of this fact in advance.

"I went to the Saturday game and the only problem I had was when I was in line for food, there was one kid standing in one line and his mother and brother standing in the other. When the kid in front of me got to the window, she moved over and ordered half the food in the place."

Erm... that sounds like the smart thing to do. In fact, I see people doing this all the time and this is the first time I've seen someone complaining.

737689[/snapback]

actually i'd have to say i'd agree with him, thats probably cause 75% of the fans are either from new york or dont speak english...and by generalizing people from new york i mean former yankee and or met fans, or people of their character

737650[/snapback]

that guy kicks ass

737729[/snapback]

That guy is the coolest. He's obnoxious? If you say so but he's the most heralded vendor at the stadium and he's a local hero. :cool

737689[/snapback]

I don't think I said anything wrong. They didn't learn it there and that is why they don't use it here. I know they were never taught any manners what so ever, otherwise they would show a little common decency for their fellow man here. Want to consider me an A-hole? Please, be my guest. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

love the place, love the loud and happy people, watch the game on FSN if you cant handle pushing and shoviing. wish beer was cheaper though. $10 fo a heineken = (

738929[/snapback]

They know people will pay that much for a brew and since you can't bring anything in, it makes it even easier for them to charge that much.

love the place, love the loud and happy people, watch the game on FSN if you cant handle pushing and shoviing. wish beer was cheaper though. $10 fo a heineken = (

738929[/snapback]

10 bucks? They raised the price?

It was 6 bucks draft from the place right behind the Fish tank sections. (At least last year)