Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
It is simply on the first year of the deal, and since Zito's is likely to be longer (5-6 years as opposed to 3) it will likely be much more backloaded.
-
White House sued over Global Warming
It's Bush and his god damned heat machine. That son of a b...
-
Went out for milk, and came home with these....
As soon as I turn 21, I want a bottle of jose cuervo, and probably some 151. And maybe some weed.
-
The Office
This episode started great. Pam making Dwight run around the building and then talking about why she doesn't like him was classic.
- Cindy Taylor
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
Alright, it's a bet.
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
What if it's backloaded?
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
I'll let you log out first so you can still read. Same goes for me, I'll be gone for 3 weeks if he signs for higher then both. Just his yearly contract, not the posting fee + salary. Deal? Sure thing.
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
If Matzazuke signs for less than Zito or Schmidt I get banned for 3 weeks? Can I still read the forum?
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
I just don't see anyway that Boras won't be asking for 15 million a year. He won't make less than Zito or Schmidt, I can gaurantee that.
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being that high.
-
This is what losing 80+ pounds looks like
I dunno, man I'm like 230 and I seem a lot thinner than you in that picture. You sure you were 240?
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
They are much more accurate about their contracts than they are about trades. I wouldn't completely discard it.
-
Man Accused Of Having Sex With Dead Deer
What are the chances this dude attended that camo wedding Accord posted earlier?
-
15 school girls burned alive... The Religion of Peace strikes again
What the hell does their religion have to do with this? Did muslims start the fire? These guys do not represent what the religion is about, they represent a skewed interpretation of it (much the same way the christians who say the apocalypse is coming and that all gays, jews, gypsies, and "sinners" will be cast into the fire where they belong represent a skewed interpretation of Christianity.) If this had happened in a secular, but sexist society (such as the numerous factory fires in America in the 19th century where countless women died because they were not allowed to leave during the fire), would you have even found this newsworthy? No, I don't think you would. A small minority that has power does not represent the overwhelming majority, which is as peace loving as the majority of any religion. Should we judge all Christians on the crusades, or Catholics based on the inquisition? Apparently so! I'm not sure what this response means, care to explain?
-
Updated: Red Sox Sign Daisuke Matsuzaka; 52-million / 6 years
"No link yet, but apparently ESPN radio in Boston is reporting that Daisuke Matsuzaka has been signed for $45 million over 3 years." Per MLBTradeRumors.com What was all that about his base salary being below Zito or Schmidt's?
-
15 school girls burned alive... The Religion of Peace strikes again
What the hell does their religion have to do with this? Did muslims start the fire? These guys do not represent what the religion is about, they represent a skewed interpretation of it (much the same way the christians who say the apocalypse is coming and that all gays, jews, gypsies, and "sinners" will be cast into the fire where they belong represent a skewed interpretation of Christianity.) If this had happened in a secular, but sexist society (such as the numerous factory fires in America in the 19th century where countless women died because they were not allowed to leave during the fire), would you have even found this newsworthy? No, I don't think you would. A small minority that has power does not represent the overwhelming majority, which is as peace loving as the majority of any religion. Should we judge all Christians on the crusades, or Catholics based on the inquisition?
-
O.J Simpson Confesses*
He's innocent. I'll assume that's a joke. No, no really it was all over the news.
-
2007 Langerado Festival
I just don't like jam bands. Whether my reason for liking them or not is justified, it doesn't change the fact that in terms of the quality of the music in my eyes, the festival has failed. I expected a lineup like last years that was diverse and interesting, with some alternative bands, dance artists, and jam artists. Instead they've decided to take a step back to 05 and simply made it a jam band festival. Unless they add some different bands in a hurry, they'll have lost at least 1 ticket, and I can see the festival actually getting smaller this year. For the record, I caught part of Umphrey McGee last year, but since I didn't really have any interest in their music, I left to catch a band that I wanted to see. If that makes me a bad person, or whatever, so be it. I love Miles Davis and Coltrane, but that doesn't mean I like to hear random guitar noodling for 20 minutes at a time (which is what many, many jam bands do).
-
Most Overrated Team of All Time
1961 New York Yankees
-
2007 Langerado Festival
It's just a matter of philosophy. I appreciate the effort that goes into songcraft above all else when it comes to music. I'm sure these bands are very technically proficient, and great if they're your thing. They've probably written some good songs, too. I tend to get really bored, though, when bands break into a jam. My mind starts to wander, and I start checking my watch and looking toward the exits. From my viewpoint, you're not going to accidentally stumble into something during a jam that sounds better than a song that a musician spent a lot of his time and effort crafting. My dislike of jam bands has nothing to do with their image or hippies. I like hippies. I just don't like being bored. Exactly. Last year, I thought the best bands were Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, and the Drive By Truckers, and it's because they focused on making the song sound better live instead of just making it sound longer, or more technically impressive. The songs come before anything.
-
2007 Langerado Festival
None of those bands can even touch Wilco, The Flaming Lips, The Black Crowes, Ben Harper, G. Love and Special Sauce, The Secret Machines, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Drive By Truckers, or Robert Randolph and the Family band. Last year's lineup was one of the best I've ever seen for a SoFla festival, and this year's looks mediocre at best. You can have your bands that focus on 15 minute jams instead of actual songs, but I'll take Wilco (whose performance of "Spiders(Kidsmoke)" at last years festival absolutely blew everything else away) and the Flaming Lips (who are bar none the most entertaining live band around) and their "Money making schemes" (did you even look at the line up from last year before spouting out this nonsense?)
-
2007 Langerado Festival
I can't even begin to describe how dissapointed I am in the lineup this year. Last year's was amazing, and this year's looks flat out terrible. I wouldn't even consider paying to go to this show now, whereas last year I would've been willing to pay double the price. Ugh, what a shame. This looked like it would start to show itself as one of the major festivals around the country, and instead it's going to be terrible.
-
The Official Alcohol Thread
Awesome, I can already tell you are better than me!
-
The Official Alcohol Thread
I'm not exactly hung over today, but I'm not in the greatest of moods.