Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. 4 years with an option for 5 years is a short term deal? Maybe to the organization that gave Manny 7 years (or was it 8), but to many teams, 4 years is relatively long term.
  2. anything like the first 7 posts in this thread? You're damn right. I rubbed my skin raw last night. :blink: Now don't be a tease. Drop some of that phat knowledge on these biatches.
  3. I'm not sure how I feel about sticking my peepers into a hole that sprays a sticky liquid on it. I'll pass.
  4. So anyone still like that Luongo trade of those that did like it? I hate you Keenan! He wasn't going to resign, so we had to get something back. It was a chance we had to take.
  5. Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby. Hands down.
  6. The guy is just becoming a bitter douche over things that don't go his way now. Let your play on the field talk. Players who win a World Series and then complain about an individual award show their true colors in my book. The Glavine comments are still worse to me though. David Ortiz did the same thing this year, and he won a World Series not too long ago. Not the same thing, but kind of. Not even close to the same thing. What Ortiz said isn't on the same level as what Pujols said. But I've been down this path already. Didn't he say that Jeter wouldn't deserve the MVP because he doesn't hit home runs, or something?
  7. The guy is just becoming a bitter douche over things that don't go his way now. Let your play on the field talk. Players who win a World Series and then complain about an individual award show their true colors in my book. The Glavine comments are still worse to me though. David Ortiz did the same thing this year, and he won a World Series not too long ago. Not the same thing, but kind of.
  8. Yup, I needed a new rag after that. Thanks bob. You might want to try this, buddy.
  9. bobbob1313 replied to bobbob1313's topic in Off-Topic
    The intro to this episode was one of the best moments in Scrubs history.
  10. Oh man, that was such a great episode.
  11. anything like the first 7 posts in this thread? You're damn right. I rubbed my skin raw last night.
  12. Did he call a press conference to announce it, or did someone ask him how he felt? The context is everything.
  13. Tell em, Steve Dave!
  14. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. It would be a HUGE mistake for the Sox to sign Drew and then dump Manny. Manny is close to two times better than Drew. This is a guy with a career .905 OPS who creates 7.25 runs per nine innings and plays some pretty good defense. Manny is not 2 times better than him. If he had an 1.810 OPS and created 14.5 runs per nine, he'd be Babe Ruth in his best year, and thats for his career. He's not 2 times better than him. He's better, but it's not a huge amount, and I'll take Drew + the prospect they'll likely get for Manny over just Manny, if Push comes to shove.
  15. And they eat puppies. I heard Hilary Clinton killed an entire gang of babies. She claims it was in self defense, but I don't believe her. She has evil eyes. I hope Accord posts that picture from his sig again! Over the past 2 weeks you have seriously become my favorite MB.com member :lol :lol :lol Anytime i'd see "Last post by bobbob" i'd say to myself "awww sh*t, here's some more crap i'm going to have to argue with" or something along those lines, but now I see "Last post by bobbob" and I think to myself "Oh man, this is going to be good......" :lol :notworthy Life's too short for petty arguments. I'd much rather make snarky remarks that don't actually have anything with the argument than get mad about stuff that I can't control. And if I have to drop some knowledge on you fools, you know I'm good for it. Plus I think jimmyjack is as nuts as you do, and I even agree with him sometimes. :confused
  16. That reads like 4/14 with a possible 5th, and that sounds like a STEAL for the Red Sox. However, if it's 4/56 with a possible 5th, that contract sucks. Thats what I'm thinking. Thats worded poorly.
  17. WASHINGTON (AP) A record 7 million people _ or one in every 32 American adults _ were behind bars, on probation or on parole by the end of last year, according to the Justice Department. Of those, 2.2 million were in prison or jail, an increase of 2.7 percent over the previous year, according to a report released Wednesday. More than 4.1 million people were on probation and 784,208 were on parole at the end of 2005. Prison releases are increasing, but admissions are increasing more. Wonder how many are in on marijuana possession? The good news is the prison releases will keep on increasing!
  18. And they eat puppies. I heard Hilary Clinton killed an entire gang of babies. She claims it was in self defense, but I don't believe her. She has evil eyes. I hope Accord posts that picture from his sig again!
  19. It's because liberals hate poor people.
  20. Future GM...you can not deny the fact that you come off as a smug, elitist, pretentious democrat. Accord...you can not deny the fact you come off as an over bearing, pompous, republican. I'd rather be the latter than the former :thumbup . Really? A republican would rather be called a republican than a democrat. Just when I though I had you pegged!
  21. Just another example of the ongoing war on christmas. Bill O'Reilly must be furious!!!
  22. The album comes out on December 5th and he hasn't released a single yet?
  23. from what i have read.... McGwire isnt getting in. Here is some food for thought... Over his career, Big Mac averaged around 100 base hits a year. He averaged 141 per 162 games. unfortunately he didnt play 162 games every year in baseball. thats like saying that if only so and so didnt get hurt they could have driven in 140 runs a year or something like that, thats not how things are often measured, its one of the dumbest stats in all of baseball, akin to the per 48 minutes of basketball which is just as useless in the real world. Ok, but to say he averaged 100 hits a year is just as flawed because he didn't play full years every year. Per 162 is a much better way to see someone's impact, especially over a career, where the small sample size problem can be less strong.
  24. from what i have read.... McGwire isnt getting in. Here is some food for thought... Over his career, Big Mac averaged around 100 base hits a year. He averaged 141 per 162 games. yeah, why does McGwire "better" get in???? THE MAN IS A STEROID FREAK....I realize that it's hypocritical of me as a Bonds fan but McGwire doesn't get in if Bonds doesn't I'm the biggest Bonds fan on here, don't take that tone with me. :cool Seriously, here's the standard one must use during the steroid era: UNLESS the person absolutely 100% tested positive for steroids, everyone from the era must be considered in the same boat. That means guys like Greg Maddux, John Smoltz, Juan Pierre, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mike Lowell, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa...I don't care. Unless they tested positive, they all tested negative. Forget cloud of suspicion, forget "what should be" (afterall, I think Romero and Sanchez all proved that the most unlikely users used), they're all in the same boat. In terms of era, everyone from the steroid era is either guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty, and either way you have it, guys like Bonds, McGwire and Sosa belong in, or NO ONE belongs in. Period, end of story. :notworthy There's a reason you are one of my favorite posters in this place.
  25. The war in Afghanistan has been going on far longer than the war in Iraq and thus much longer than WW2, yet we haven't seen any articles or news reports about that. Well, thats because there's about 1/20 the amount of soldiers.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.