Everything posted by bobbob1313
-
Marlins show interest in trading for BENITEZ!
Maybe if they give him to us for Eric Reed and they pay every penny of his salary, I might like it, but even then, Eric Reed can run fast, so we may be giving up too much.
-
Marlins show interest in trading for BENITEZ!
No. The man speaks the truth.
-
Beatles- Love
Coming from a huge Beatles fan (own all of the albums on cd, and most on vynil), I approached this one with some fear, as at seemed like it was, at best a gimmick, and at worst exploitation of the worst kind. I kind of expected a rip off album, somewhere between the worst of the material on the Anthologies and the worst of the songs on Dj Danger Mouse's Grey Album. Strangely enough, the Grey Album is probably the best reference point for this album. It is a collection of takes from the Anthology discs featuring the Beatles best work melded together. You've got "The Word" and "Savoy Truffle" and "Taxman" and "Drive My Car" all together on one track, put together in a way that seems completely natural and unforced. Just another example of George Martin's genius. The best moment is the transition from "The End" to "Get Back". Those 10 seconds are perfect. This is the perfect album for anyone who loves the Beatles and who wants to hear their favorite songs in a new way. I don't think I've ever smiled as much from a song than I did when "Love You To" transitions into the delicate opening chords of "Here Comes The Sun". Also, they've somehow managed to make "Something" even more beautiful with the remastering and the added strings. I can't say enough about how strikingly beautiful everything sounds with the remastered sounds. It's just more evidence that they need to get around to remastering the entire catalogue (which would force me to buy it again, which I'm not opposed to).
-
Gates: U.S. Not Winning in Iraq
We should pull out of Iraq completely. Then we'll never have to worry about it again. And while we're at it, we should drop bombs filled with false promises on the mountains of Afghanistan and catch Osama while we're pulling out.
-
Marlins show interest in trading for BENITEZ!
No.
-
Iran to host conference on whether the Holocaust was real
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but either way, it's great for my already monstrous ego.
-
THIS is why it's taking so long to train Iraqi and Afghan security
It's pretty obviously just some guys f***ing around.
-
Iran to host conference on whether the Holocaust was real
I hear Mel Gibson is the keynote speaker. (too easy, but I'll take it)
-
Da U Recruit Visting Temple
McCoy would be the greatest recruit in Temple history. Thats like being the greatest special olympian ever, right? Very funny oh fan of winless football team.... Not a fan as much as they were the only school that accepted me. I'm a Cornhuskers fan, if I have to pick one team. Putting down a school and then saying you were only accepted by one school, and that school was FIU isn't all that impressive. We're talking about athletics, not academics. Plus, I didn't really care about school in high school (hasn't changed much in college). And I only applied to one school.
-
Da U Recruit Visting Temple
McCoy would be the greatest recruit in Temple history. Thats like being the greatest special olympian ever, right? Very funny oh fan of winless football team.... Not a fan as much as they were the only school that accepted me. I'm a Cornhuskers fan, if I have to pick one team.
-
Da U Recruit Visting Temple
McCoy would be the greatest recruit in Temple history. Thats like being the greatest special olympian ever, right?
-
Red Sox Sign JD Drew; 5-years / 70 million
So you're assuming/thinking that projection is going to be 100% correct? How can you say that with certainty? I like BP, alot, but their projections' success rate aren't that great as I witnessed last year. I expect a guy with a career OPS of .900+ to have that with the best hitters park he's played in his career (especially one that can be o great for left handers), not having to be the man, and with his double numbers going way up. I don't expect it to be 100%, but they have as good a chance of anybody to be right. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he replicates his peripherals from last year, which weren't all that impressive (.891 OPS). This probably won't turn out to be a good deal. It's amazing how the only people defending this deal are Red Sox diehards...
-
In Honor of Casino Royale's Release...
Casino Royale.
-
Red Sox Sign JD Drew; 5-years / 70 million
For 14 million dollars you want a guy with a .472 SLUG?
-
Marlins GM: Trade talks heating up
Without offering specifics, Florida general manager Admin Beinfest noted that since the meetings began, several new ideas have surfaced that have caught the team's attention. I hate to read into things but he says "new ideas." I am thinking a three way deal. Just for fun....here is my three team deal using names we have heard (+ Willingham) Pirates: Willingham, Petit Rockies: Mahomes Marlins: Hawpe + Duffy That would be awesome, but it will never, ever, happen.
-
Red Sox Sign JD Drew; 5-years / 70 million
Hot off the presses at BP, JD Drew's PECOTA projection doesn't look so hot: .286/.395/.472 (.867 OPS.) Oh, and only 14 homers. His OBP is very good though, and he will play above average defense. MLBTradeRumors.com
-
Open letter to MB.com
It was a joke, directed at all of us. We are all to blame for my terrible jokes.
-
Eminem Presents the Re-Up
We all know only black people come from difficult backgrounds.
-
Fantasy help
Alright, guys, big week for me. If I win I'm in the playoffs, if I lose, I'm likely out. My starting lineup looks like this: Tiki Westbrook Jones Drew Marvin Harrison Housh Desmond Clark Viniateri Pats D Thats pretty much set, so all I'm worried about now is QB. Do I start: Vince Young vs. Houston Marc Bulger vs. Chicago Alex Smith vs. Arizona
-
Women fined for putting peace sign wreath on house
Maybe if we make murder legal, there won't be the "thrill factor" there. I say we try it. Hell, it's a lot easier than finishing this paper.
-
Gators Are In
Thank you, captain obvious!
-
Gators Are In
Just wanted to point out that in 1996, Florida lost its conference championship game to Florida State, then got to play them again for the championship game and won. Florida fans were singing a different tune about a rematch back then. FSU was the final regular season game, as it is every year. UF then beat Alabama in the conference championship. FSU can't play UF in the conference championship, as FSU is not in the SEC. It's still the same scenario as the OSU-UM one. :blink: It wasnt the same scenario It was more or less the same scenario, because they still got a chance at a rematch, which nobody thinks Mich. should have. They are essentially being punished for having a great team in their conference. So even if they should be #2, they never had a chance to make it to the national title game unless they beat the #1 team in the nation.
-
Conservatives give more money to charity than liberals
One should not have a heterosexual man as a Girl Scout troop leader either. I had a female Den Mother in the Cub Scouts. How do I correct this egregious error? Do you think I can sue for mental anguish? I think she might have made me gayer by teaching me how to iron my kerchief and cook eggs over a campfire. Only men are pedophiles, apparently. No, only 86%-90%. Oddly specific figures you just pulled out of your ass. Care to explain? Despite how much I eat, I cannot fit the Department of Justice in my ass. "Nearly all the offenders in sexual assaults reported to law enforcement were male (96%)". - Sexual Assault of Young Children as Reported to Law Enforcement, 7/00, NCJ 182990, U.S. Department of Justice: link Page 11, first column. Chart follows that illustrates ages of victims. In 2004-2005, there were an average annual 200,780 victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault. http://www.rainn.org/statistics/index.html So there are 200,000 rapes in 2004-2005, of which 180,000 were men. There are approximately 150,000,000 men in this nation. How is 180,000 anywhere close to 86-90% of 150,000,000. The numbers don't add up. I know, you were trying to say that 90% of sex offenders are males. Fine, but that means that there are approximately 147,200,000 men in America who are not pedophiles or sex offenders. I'll take my chances.
-
Gators Are In
Just wanted to point out that in 1996, Florida lost its conference championship game to Florida State, then got to play them again for the championship game and won. Florida fans were singing a different tune about a rematch back then. FSU was the final regular season game, as it is every year. UF then beat Alabama in the conference championship. FSU can't play UF in the conference championship, as FSU is not in the SEC. It's still the same scenario as the OSU-UM one.
-
Standing pat
I think we'd be a good team, but I wouldn't be happy.