Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bobbob1313

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bobbob1313

  1. Dwight again steals the episode, although Creed had the best line about how he sells fake id's out of his car.
  2. I know it's kind of a stupid thing to say, but if it wasn't for the whole Watergate thing, Nixon would be remembered as a fairly good president. He was a genius with foreign affairs, but a moron with anything else.
  3. The Flaming Lips will be in Miami on April 13th. I'll definetly be there, as they put on bar none the most fun concert I've ever seen (last year at Langerado was amazing). It's more like a party than a concert.
  4. Roberto Clemente should definetly be the RFer. No question, the greatest defensive outfielder of all time.
  5. SOPHOMORE SLUMP??? MARK MY WORDS: The good: Dan Uggla= .270/35hr/100 rbi Hanley Ramirez= .310/20hr/60 rbi/50sb Mike Jacobs= .310/40hr/120 rbi Josh Willingham= .290/35hr/95 rbi reggie Abercrombie= .275/20hr/70 rbi/20 sb Jeremy Hermida= .325/25hr/90 rbi/.425 OBP the bad: Miguel Olivo= .230/10hr/40 rbi the overrated: Miguel Cabrera= .295/25hr/100 rbi CARVE IT IN STONE. i will be right within .10 points in batting avg, within 5 hr+ or -, and within 10 rbi + or -... Anyone care to make a friendly bet? :shifty I'll give you 50 dollars and I'll take a month long ban if more than 2 of those "good" players get within 5 homers of your projections. If not, you give me 20 and take a 2 month ban. How about it?
  6. That was the best episode of the series. The opening "that really killed 8th grade" - gold. The business "lecture" and the ripping of the books...gold The Dwight/bat (if there were a vampire bat in the United States, it would make sense to come to a 'sylvania' like Pennsylvania) unbelievable. I'm still laughing. That was indeed a geat episode. Watched it last night with my roommate, and we were both dying. Dwight is probably one of the funniest characters to ever appear in a tv show.
  7. Sitting through D.E.B.S. on HBO was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
  8. I hope Shaq stays out of the game. He doesn't deserve to be there, and we don't need him to get hurt.
  9. Dennis Rodman will not make the hall of fame. Zo is very doubtful to make it also. I think Reggie Miller is easily in- best shooter I've ever seen. Rodman and Zo were the two premier defensive players in the league in the 90's. Zo is absolutely one of the best centers of all time and deserves his spot in the hall, and Rodman was just a freak on the boards, and a severly underrated player who deserves to be in.
  10. Ugh, I missed it. Great Scrubs episode tonight, though. Hopefully The Office will be online soon.
  11. You just said that with Kerry, we'd be winning the war on terrorism? That communist doesn't even like/respect American troops. Sorry man but I understand Bush is not the greatest President of all time, however he's light years better than Kerry or Gore would have been. So sadly enough, Dems couldn't come up with anything better than a lying Kerry or a nut job in Gore. Now they have another flip flopper in Hillary and a candidate Obama (who seems like a nice guy) but will never win the election because of his race and inexperience. Giuliani will tear apart both Hillary and/or Obama in a debate even if they were together. What kind of inane statements are these? Kerry's a communist? You're a college student man, try & do a little better than that. The man's a U.S. Senator. You might disagree with him but to say he "doesn't like/respect American troops" is flat retarded. And then you agree that Bush is "light years" better than Gore or Kerry would've been? Based on what? Bush has been an absolute mess, by almost any measure. Go back & look at things he's proposed in state of the union speeches, or back when he was running for each term, then tell me which of them he's accomplished. And he's had a REPUBLICAN MAJORITY in congress to work with. That's almost laughably inept. How come the men who served with him did not support him? Most people find that humorous. His voting records and botched jokes are hilarious. The guy is a joke. Oh yeah, Kerry lost to Bush in the DEBATES! hahaha. The worst public speaking President of all time and Kerry lost to him according to most. What does that say about him? Please provide proof of either of those being true. Probably the fact that the country was divided yet Bush won the election.....many so called experts said the same on TV. I will try to find some proof for you. I thought he won the debates as he came across much more honest. But I just did some quick research on who won the 2004 Presidental Debates....one site had Kerry winning 47-46%. Another had Bush winning by 3%......I'm guessing it was about 50-50. I just find it funny that Bush is a horrible public speaker yet Kerry wasn't smart enough to distance himself from Bush. People thought Bush won because they are stupid and they thought KErry was being "too mean" to Bush, and they felt he bullied him. haha please.....Kerry couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag. Kerry lost because Bush came off as more honest. No one could believe a thing out of John Kerry's mouth especially when looking at his history with the military and his horrible voting record. Way to go John Kerry! You voted to go to Iraq then you blamed Bush for going there! You are one hell of a man! How anyone, knowing what we know now can find Bush honest, is beyond me. The guy always came off as seedy, like he was intentionally keeping something from you, and surprise, he has been. He's not trust worthy at all, you are just blinded by your bias. At least Accord would drop some knowledge on people, you are just a tool.
  12. You just said that with Kerry, we'd be winning the war on terrorism? That communist doesn't even like/respect American troops. Sorry man but I understand Bush is not the greatest President of all time, however he's light years better than Kerry or Gore would have been. So sadly enough, Dems couldn't come up with anything better than a lying Kerry or a nut job in Gore. Now they have another flip flopper in Hillary and a candidate Obama (who seems like a nice guy) but will never win the election because of his race and inexperience. Giuliani will tear apart both Hillary and/or Obama in a debate even if they were together. What kind of inane statements are these? Kerry's a communist? You're a college student man, try & do a little better than that. The man's a U.S. Senator. You might disagree with him but to say he "doesn't like/respect American troops" is flat retarded. And then you agree that Bush is "light years" better than Gore or Kerry would've been? Based on what? Bush has been an absolute mess, by almost any measure. Go back & look at things he's proposed in state of the union speeches, or back when he was running for each term, then tell me which of them he's accomplished. And he's had a REPUBLICAN MAJORITY in congress to work with. That's almost laughably inept. How come the men who served with him did not support him? Most people find that humorous. His voting records and botched jokes are hilarious. The guy is a joke. Oh yeah, Kerry lost to Bush in the DEBATES! hahaha. The worst public speaking President of all time and Kerry lost to him according to most. What does that say about him? Please provide proof of either of those being true. Probably the fact that the country was divided yet Bush won the election.....many so called experts said the same on TV. I will try to find some proof for you. I thought he won the debates as he came across much more honest. But I just did some quick research on who won the 2004 Presidental Debates....one site had Kerry winning 47-46%. Another had Bush winning by 3%......I'm guessing it was about 50-50. I just find it funny that Bush is a horrible public speaker yet Kerry wasn't smart enough to distance himself from Bush. People thought Bush won because they are stupid and they thought KErry was being "too mean" to Bush, and they felt he bullied him.
  13. I still think Johnson will be no more than our 3rd best pitcher for the next decade if we keep him, wheras Upton could very well be our 2nd best hitter until we lose Cabrera.
  14. To be honest I'm actually trying to have a little fun with you guys after the last thread, but maybe I was right by calling Heat fans knee-jerk? :confused I was trying to have fun...
  15. He will still be a good #3 pitcher, but I'd take BJ Upton over almost any #3 pitcher in the league. Again, a utility IF with poor defense and a major league OPS of 659. OMG SMALL SAMPLE SIZE ALERT In his first 200 ML at bats, Arod had about a .630 OPS. He obviously never recovered from this and is currently a utility infielder for one of the worst organizations in baseball. Let's forget that at the age of 21, Upton had an OPS of .882 in AAA. Because the Tampa Bay Devil Rays have completely mismanaged the kid up to this point, he will never be anything but a utility infielder. Honestly, if I could have a utility infielder who will OPS .850 and steal close to 50 bags at a 90% clip, I'd trade a #3 starter for him in a heart beat. You want talent on your team, and you find a position for them later. We could most likely stick him in center, and even if he plays the worst defense for a CF in the league, he'd only be a little worse than anyone currently on the roster, and the fact that he is going to be an offensive machine will neutralize whatever small impact his defense might have. I say adding BJ Upton and just sticking Mitre or Petit in the Rotation to replace Johnson makes this team 5 wins better right now. The impact of defense has been so overrated, and the point of the matter is the best defender will save about 50-60 runs over the absolute worst defender over the course of a season, and given the fact that Upton is one of the most athletic players in the league, I doubt he'd be one of the worst defenders. And even if he does, the awesome offensive numbers he's going to put up are going to more than neutralize it. I suppose if you put on your blinkers and completely ignore his 2006 campaign, it is easy to write off Johnson as being nothing more than a mid-rotation starter at best. Right now, he is our #2 and he pitched better than the average MLB #1 in 2006. For a number of reasons, many tied to the stress put on both Olsen and Sanchez in 2006, I am fairly certain JJ will once again outperform all of last year's rookie starters in 2007. Johnson is coming into spring training in better shape, having lost some 20 pounds during the offseason, and I look forward to seeing what the leaner, meaner JJ can do. To think that Johnson is easily replaceable in our rotation, especially by the likes of Mitre or Petit, is a joke. We would probably lose or put in a position to lose 10-13 more games than we could've won if Mitre were put in the rotation in JJ's spot 13-16 if Petit were put there in 2007. You severely overestimate the value Upton would bring to the lineup (and taking an .850 OPS as being a given is a stretch, even though I think he may have it in him). And if Tampa Bay keeps using Upton the way they are there is a chance they'll stifle his development. If we can get Upton, I would love it. But not at the cost of any of the top four starters in our rotation. Allow me to be a little skeptical when a guy posts an unrealistic (compared to his peripheral stats) ERA, especially when it is almost a third of a run better than any ERA he put up in the minors, while not improving his WHIP or K/9.
  16. We are human and not perfect. Not everyone believes...everything in their religion. For example, I have had pre-marital sex however I've been with the same girl for 4 years and we plan on getting married. Is it right under Catholic law? Perhaps not but we love each other and I don't see a problem with it. So why do you see a problem with two gay people who love each other? You do something the bible says shouldn't happen. They do too. You have sex without trying to create a child, ie for pleasure. So do they. You hurt nobody. Neither do they. What seperates you from them? Why can you tell them they can't but you can? Maybe this is just me but I feel like something is morally wrong with gays. I believe that God put us on this Earth for one reason- reproduce! At least I have that option with my girlfriend/future spouse if I choose. I have a hard time believing God put us on this earth Solely to reproduce, or else he wouldn't have made premarital sex a sin, and to take it a step further, he wouldn't have come up with the arbitrary sanction of marriage. Not being able to reproduce is not a moral thing. It is a biological thing. You've not stated any good reason why morally, being gay is any worse than you having premarital sex. You've stated biological reasons, but nothing moral.
  17. "Major Breakthrough" Is Bush only to get crap for problems and no reporting of progress? Yes, it's called the liberal media at work. Wait, now everyone believes that the US is making up the Iranians helping the Iraqi terrorists get weapons! They are going to say it is a false report even if our CIA uncovers it In all fairness to, like, everyone in the country, but the CIA uncovered Saddam's mobile weapon's units, and his WMD's, so forgive (again) everyone if they are a little skeptical of this administration's intentions. WMM03, it was the lead news on ABC WNT on Monday. good to hear....I don't watch those stations anymore. They are far too biased- especially their anchors. So what do you watch for some unbiased reporting?
  18. Valentine's day is a terrible holiday. I blame Russel Stovers.
  19. Nah, I wouldn't go that far. Knee-jerk and overzealous, maybe. Wait, how did this turn into a Mark Cuban thread?
  20. He will still be a good #3 pitcher, but I'd take BJ Upton over almost any #3 pitcher in the league. Again, a utility IF with poor defense and a major league OPS of 659. OMG SMALL SAMPLE SIZE ALERT In his first 200 ML at bats, Arod had about a .630 OPS. He obviously never recovered from this and is currently a utility infielder for one of the worst organizations in baseball. Let's forget that at the age of 21, Upton had an OPS of .882 in AAA. Because the Tampa Bay Devil Rays have completely mismanaged the kid up to this point, he will never be anything but a utility infielder. Honestly, if I could have a utility infielder who will OPS .850 and steal close to 50 bags at a 90% clip, I'd trade a #3 starter for him in a heart beat. You want talent on your team, and you find a position for them later. We could most likely stick him in center, and even if he plays the worst defense for a CF in the league, he'd only be a little worse than anyone currently on the roster, and the fact that he is going to be an offensive machine will neutralize whatever small impact his defense might have. I say adding BJ Upton and just sticking Mitre or Petit in the Rotation to replace Johnson makes this team 5 wins better right now. The impact of defense has been so overrated, and the point of the matter is the best defender will save about 50-60 runs over the absolute worst defender over the course of a season, and given the fact that Upton is one of the most athletic players in the league, I doubt he'd be one of the worst defenders. And even if he does, the awesome offensive numbers he's going to put up are going to more than neutralize it.
  21. I said he was a utility player if you read my post again I don't think he is their 2nd basemen or will be their 2nd baseman. He would be as much of a 2nd baseman as Amezaga will be for the Marlins this year. Lou actually was right as much as I was, BJ Upton will not be the D-Rays starting 2nd baseman, and that position will not be platooned Lou's quote was: "Actually it does, because Rays fans are crazy if they don't like him. There is a reason the TB front office is trying to turn him into a 2B" They are making him a utilty player not a 2nd baseman If Upton handles 2B fine defensively, in a Felipe Lopez kind of way, he'll be playing there everyday by June, and probably for the rest of his career. They aren't grooming him as a utility player even if that's what his role is. Amezaga is a utility player, BJ Upton is not. It's a compliment to the Rays positional depth (specifically outfield) that they can have the amazing luxury of Upton on the bench and try him out at a number of places to see where he fits in, barring a trade. Why are so many people not able to see that JJ was not a fluke last year. He can simply flat out pitch. You guys forget pitching is about getting batters out, JJ does that better than most...so little faith, my people. Johnson was tied for 46th in WHIP last year (minimum 100 IP), which is not better than most. It's better then some. His DIPS era last year was 3.93, and at 1.27% his ERA was good for 9th best overachiever in the league. That's adding almost a full run already. This is not a can't miss top of the rotation starter. Sure, he could do it - hope his slugging against numbers aren't a fluke and the walks come down cause he has good H/9, K/9 and other stats at the MLB level in his limited exposure thus far - but people on this board severely over value Johnson based on his 2006 ERA. I like him, view him as a future 3/4 on a good team, and would be reluctant to trade him so early into his career cause he is pretty valuable, but he isn't untouchable if we can get the right player back. I don't think BJ is it, but if it's Rocco or Rios, that's an instant must trade as they are both 4 or 5 years away from free agency, and will have undervalued contracts through arbitration (Rios) or a poorly negotiated contract (Rocco). I look forward to revisiting this matter in October...For now we can agree to disagree. JJ pitched extremely well and you still look for numbers to minimize his accomplishments. I know baseball is about stats and numbers but the game is played between the foulines and that is where JJ excells. I hope at the end of the season you will finally give him some due credit. I am a fan of the game. the game transcends OPS, WHIP, DIP, or any isolated stats. The game is the sound of the bat, the cheer of the crowd, the joy of a great defensive play. The game is Schilling's bleeding ankle, Anibal's no-hitter, Cody coming back the next day after getting hit in the mouth and having a great game. The game is Jim Edmonds breath-taking play in CF...Lets look at the numbers but lets watch the game as well The game is about winning, plain and simple. Great players win games, and players who put up great numbers are great players. I don't care if a guy looks like he's going to light the league on fire, if he can't take a walk or can't strike guys out consistently. I don't care if a guy looks like he knows what he's doing out there, because at the end of the day, everything balances out. A guy who allows a slugging against that is about 100 points below normal will eventually even out, especially since a pitcher has little to no control over what happnes once the ball is put in play. All he can control is how many guys he walks, and how many guys he strikes out, and how many home runs he gives up over the course of the season. Everything else will basically balance out to the norm, so if a guy looks to have an unsustainable hit rate, he will bounce back to earth, and I feel like Johnson will be bouncing back this season. He will still be a good #3 pitcher, but I'd take BJ Upton over almost any #3 pitcher in the league.
  22. I'm willing to make a bet on Johnson or Upton, as I think Upton will way outperform last year, and Johnson will underperform.
  23. Its funny how people automatically assume someone is a Republican just because they remember how history has been played out and make an observation. Its unfortunate but yes we were attacked quite often under Clintons watch. I was upset during the whole Monica Lewinsky deal. For one the president getting busted and two the republicans making a deal out of it. If you have read my previous posts I did mention my voting history. I voted for Clinton twice then Al Gore. I decided to vote this time around for the current administration. My voter card says N.P.A. non party affiliation. You people make some comments on these boards blinded by your own hate for the president. So who really is absurd now? You mean to tell me you can make a fair opinion based on your own hate for the president? Sadly enough these boards will not be interesting if all you hear is a bunch of Bush bashers. I don't agree with everything he has done but I rather have him than Kerrry any day. I think most people who read my posts will agree that I'm not a blind bush hater, but the guy has been absolutely atrocious every step of the way in the war. And I'm really feeling like we are playing a dangerous game by saying the terrorists pray for a Dem. victory, or that Clinton blew his chance to get Osama. Congress refused to approve further military action aside from the bombing of his hideout, and unlike Bush, Clinton has some idea of what the constitution says, so he had to stop going after him. He didn't have the aide of a massive hype machine banging the drum for war to help him catch Osama, like Bush did. If anyone blew catching Osama, it was George Bush. The guy should be in an American Prison or dead right now. We f***ed it up, and there is no one to blame but this administration, and this was public knowledge before the election, so there is no way to justify voting for Bush.
  24. The kid is going to be a great player. He's posted OBP at or around .400 every season in the minors, and once he fills out he's going to be a 20 homer 30 steal guy. If we could get him for JJ, I'd do it. When you say JJ do you mean Josh Johnson? If you do that is the craziest remark I heard in a long while...JJ for Upton ? you gotta be kidding! I think Johnson way overperformed last year, and while he'll be a solid #3 for the next 10 years, Upton could be a perrenial 20 homers, 40 steals, .300 averages, .390 OBP player. He's got all the talent in the world, and he could step into our lineup and be our 2nd or 3rd most productive hitter today.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.