Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mountainfish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mountainfish

  1. As for Hanley in particular, no doubt he made some throws in the dirt in the course of the season, all infielders do, but my sense is if he was getting an error on a throw it was more apt to be because he "airmailed" it than anything else. But that's just the memory I have, the official scoring of Hanley's errors might show something different. I have the same sense about his throws. They seemed to be more likely to be high or to pull the first baseman off the bag than to be in the dirt. I don't think his range is the problem. We know he moves well. I think its a maturity thing. If he applies the same kind of focus he uses at the plate he will be fine. Getting him to do it is the problem.
  2. Miami mayor swings for the fences with stadium plan http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/story/381010.html I didn't see a whole lot of support for the stadium in the readers comments after the article. Makes me nervous.
  3. Why is everybody so gung-ho about moving Ramirez down in the order? I know losing Cabrera left a big hole in the middle of the lineup but Hanley needs at-bats. He's dangerous every time he steps into the batters box so if leading off gets him a few ABs then I say leave him there, at least until Maybin is ready. He'll be much more disruptive at the top of the order. He's less likely to get walked intentionally but they still have to be careful how they pitch to him. The situations are more unpredictable with him on base leading off than with him on base further down the order. That makes it more difficult to neutralize his game. If I were a pitcher he would be the one guy on the team I would fear most. Batting third I would take my chances with the guy behind him. It's harder to do that if he's leading off
  4. Unlike some of the other veterans they've picked up in the past, Gonzalez probably won't be content to be a roll player, simply because he's trying to get to 3000 hits. If he comes here we know its not because he wants to win another World Series.
  5. Scott Seabol maybe the man at 3rd until Dominguez is ready. He had a good year at AAA and has power and major league experience. I think Scott Seabol is on his way to Asia Damn, all my good ideas go to Asia. :banghead
  6. Scott Seabol maybe the man at 3rd until Dominguez is ready. He had a good year at AAA and has power and major league experience.
  7. Ramirez can't even make throws from SS, let alone putting him at 3B. I don't know if Robert Andino is ready to make the step, but I think eventually he could be an everyday SS for someone. It's not a totally crazy proposition, IMO. How long have they been saying that about Andino? He has UTILITY written all over him. And yet management loves the guy. He's slick but he's got to hit. Don't be surprised if Scott Seabol gets a shot. He had a good year at Albuquerque.
  8. Bring in Barrett!! ESPN said the Padres offered him arbitration, so the team that signs him will have to give up a #2 pick, and the Marlins probably aren't willing to do that. exactly. plus, he is expected to take the offer. Exactly, plus he gargles ba!!s ! He's not worth a 2 pick.
  9. Specialized in professional athletes.... Hes too good for a gym that specializes in regular humans? That is the attitude we need off of this team. notice he didnt say his team-mates either I would like to show you miguel Cabrera's special work out food I think you meant this.
  10. I mean, they're definitely mocking all their characters in all their movies, but sometimes they also sympathize with them...and when that's the case, I tend to like the movie. Right on. Oh Brother had the potential to be a good film but the caricatures were too negative - difficult to sympathize with , as you said.
  11. A) I've seen it 20-25 times already (Seriously, I'm surprised I didn't melt the DVD's coating off in college) B) Nic Cage is my favorite film actor currently working right now. I went through two VHS tapes before I got it on DVD. I like Nic Cage too. I wonder why he hasn't worked with the Coen Brothers again.
  12. I have always been a big fan of ther work since I first saw Blood Simple. From a pure dialogue standpoint Raising Arizona has always been my favorite so I'll be interested in your review. I can't wait to see NoCountry For Old Men since Cormac McCarthy is my favorite author.
  13. I'll take Beinfest over MarlinsLou any day. I'll take Beinfest over MarlinsLou any day. So we're taking shots at me because I think Alex Sanchez is an absolutely terrible idea for CF (I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise, but feel free. I'd be interested), and our general manager just hinted he basically expects him to win the CF job. Nice. Flat out, maybe the problem is Loria's wallet so it's hard to criticize the marlins with their unique financial situation compared to the rest of baseball, but Beinfest is having an absolutely terrible offseason if the remedy for CF is Alex Sanchez, and hoping an assortment of prospects/journeymen minor league and fringe players is the answer to the bullpen. I can't remember the last year we had a good bullpen. 1997? Im not exatly on the MarlinsLou pep rally squad but I agree here. This has been an awful offseason for Loria/Beinfest thusfar. The worst part is, if they would add a few good parts here and there (CF & Bullpen) this could be a wild card contending team. Sad to think that Alex Sanchez and Aaron Boone are the prized signings of the offseason. My theory about Beinfest. I think is a little unsure about this team. This was a sub-500 team with alot of rookies. Even if only 1/3 of them have sophomore slumps we could be in trouble. Add to that a new manager and an improved division and this could be a tough season. He may not want to pull the trigger on high risk deals as a quick fix to our CF and Bullpen deficiencies if this is STILL going to be a building year. On the other hand, this is a very young team loaded with potential. There are a few more good arms on the farm a couple of years away from the bigs and a few more coming back from injury in 2007. In a few months the stadium deal should be done (we hope) and maybe Loria will loosen his belt a little. Hopefully next year the free agent hysteria will have calmed down and the Marlins, who may be legitimate contenders for the division, can go after higher quality players to plug the gaps.
  14. Hey what about Joe Dillon. They didn't invite him back last spring and he bolted for Japan where he didn't hit well but he's a utility guy with power.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.