Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mountainfish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mountainfish

  1. None of those... My favorite Marlin of all-time was Luis Castillo. ...it is quickly becoming Hanley Ramirez. Thank you! Luis was the man.
  2. Learn a few songs you like, with easy chords. Then practice them real slow at first. Its real frustrating but if you keep at it you'll start to see a difference. Its no fun practicing songs you don't like. So, for example, if you like Sheryl Crow, pick one or two of her songs get the chords and play along with the recording. Once you're comfortable with chords. Learn the blues scale. (You can find it anywhere online.) Then start to jam along with almost any popular song and you'll feel like a guitar god. It might help to get a few private lessons just so you don't give up in the early learning phase. Good luck.
  3. The 2003 playoffs were more exciting. The 1997 World Series was more exciting. I voted 1997 for WS! I agree. Game 7 of the 97 WS is one of the most underrated great games in WS history. How many WS game sevens went into extra innings and ended on a walk off hit? Not many. Add to that a 4 year old franchise and the first wild card team ever and you've got a historic series. I don't understand why only Marlins fans can appreciate that.
  4. I don't mind the teal as long asits a trim color and not the main color on hats or shirts. Real Marlin colors would be blue, silver and gold. No orange please.
  5. Anyone know anything about him? Coghlins infield partner at Carolina. Putting up similar numbers at the moment.
  6. I didn't mean they would trade him while on the DL. I just mean that I think they were leary of his back issues before the season and if the right deal came along he would be expendable. If he can't stay healthy they're not going to keep him around , I don't care how well he plays when he's healthy. The problem is that everyone else is also aware of the back issues so I'm not sure how much trade value he has. Back problems are so unpredictable that nobody wants to gamble alot of money on players with that diagnosis. Look at McPhereson. The Angels decided to cut their losses. For us he was a cheap gamble but at least his back surgery is behing him. If Hammer is walking around with a bulging disc I don't think they are going to want to invest alot of money to keep him. IMO.
  7. It makes you wonder how long the team is going to be willing to ride this rollercoaster with Willingham (and Jacobs too for that matter). Early on I thought the club might trade him at some point but nowI think we'll keep him for the year. If they don't trade him I bet they're gonna push him to get that herniated disc fixed.
  8. I've touched on this in another thread and I hesitate to use examples from other sports but Bill Parcells, no stranger to winning, always said, the keys to success are : 1-winning the games you are supposed to win,i.e, beat the "bad teams", 2- win at home, use that home field advantage (not sure if that applies with regards to fan support but our park being a pitchers can neutralize some power hitting teams.) We're 12-9 at home. 3- win in your division. We're 12-5 in th east. So again let them say what they want. This team as far as I can see is doing what they are supposed to do. Leyland used to say it s important to win series. That's what the Fish are doing. How many series have they lost so far? Three? That's pretty good.
  9. That's what I'm talking about
  10. Come on Gonzo. No need to get fancy. Show these young guys what to do.
  11. This is where it would be nice to have Jake and the Hammer coming up.
  12. Damn it did the announcer (mlb.tv) just say "some people would argue that the Marlin's bought two world series."? :banghead Idiot. Hey post# 100. woo hoo.
  13. that sucks. i like woody paige Woody paige is a douche. They keep him on that stupid ass show because he is entertaining, not because he knows anything. Woody Paige takes forever to say nothing. If he wasn't so entertaining in a train-wreck way, he wouldn't even be on TV. You'd think after how many years on the show, he'd figure out how to make his answers more succinct. He's not even entertaining. He's freakin' BORING and stupid. Well, on the other hand, I guess he can't be all that stupid if he's getting paid to do nothing.
  14. They're using the Bill Parcell's formula to stay in first place. 1) They are over .500 at home. 2) They are beating the teams they are supposed to beat. 3) They are 9-5 in the division. They've got to take the next three series because the last half of the month is going to be brutal.
  15. It's gotta be the new Aguaman. He even hooks up with the Marlins Mermaids.
  16. I can think of two other centerfielders who killed it in Albuquerque, Eric Reed and Reggie Abercrombie. We saw how well they did. I wouldn't worry too much about CF right now. I'm not opposed to giving Carrol a chance but I wouldn't expect too much. If he recovers, DeAza is the man to keep that spot warm until Maybin is ready in a year or two. (That's right, maybe two).
  17. This guy has to be the slowest healer in the history of the game.... This guy breaks a nail and he goes on the 15 day DL.... High ankle sprains are bad. They don't want you doing anything for six weeks. If it ain't better after that they start to use the S-word...surgery.
  18. I 'm glad we got to him but I still think Maddox is the best ever.
  19. Take her with you.
  20. I have to go with the guy who is leading the team in BA, OBP, and SLG. Plus he had 6 homers, 16 RBI, and the best K:BB ratio of any starter. That man is Josh Willingham. Ditto. :thumbup
  21. Freddi > Girardi. You guys might not understand the difference. Ever since Freddi Gonzalez became manager, the Marlins haven't had consistent starting pitching. The reason why he used so many relievers yesterday...simple. Pinto and Miller have been overworked already this year. But he wanted matchups, and they got the job done...limiting their pitches, as well. He tried leaving Tank in there, against Bill Hall...look at what happened. Freddi's team is 15-10, despite mediocre starting pitching. Doesn't that say something about how he uses his pen, so well? Opposed to Girardi...I used to hate his infatuation with Matt Herges...seriously. And nothing was weirder than...pinch-running for the pinch-runner. Or bringing Josh Johnson back after like a 2 hour rain delay (that sucked :banghead ). Oh my God! He was infatuated with Herges! It drove me insane. As for Fredi, all I will say is that he's as good as his record...just like all managers.
  22. It's funny too because he's a pitcher and has "Slo" in his name. He also has "cum" in his name which symbolizes nasty stuff. :lol That's funny.
  23. I love the guys name, it's one of those great sounding baseball names like Dan Uggla, Marco Scutaro, Coco Crisp. It's funny too because he's a pitcher and has "Slo" in his name. Anyway, we don't need him. Yeah why don't we go after "Oil Can" Boyd. He still want's to pitch, he has a cool name. So what if he's like 60 years old.
  24. I agree in not liking an article that just says "it's all downhill from here". It's not that anything is necessarily innaccurate is said about our team, but I mean we all expected this season to start off abysmally, and everyone talking about this team should just marvel at how well they've done it, and enjoy it WITHOUT talking about foolishness like "this can't last". Well nobody wins every game. But let me put a different way. Everyone expertly predicts that this team has to fall apart long term, probably sooner than later. But who predicted of all things that we would start this hot? If you couldn't predicted the first two weeks, what makes you think you can predict the next two weeks? or the last two weeks? People dismiss the fact that we are the only team over 500 in the NL East, pointing out wins over the Pirates and the Nats and abusing a struggling Roy Oswalt. But even if you do, consider this - Through the end of this month, we play only one team that is currently over 500, the Brewers. Everyone else is either recognized as one of the "not-so-good" teams like the Nats and the Pirates, or struggling and underperforming teams like the Braves and the Dodgers. And our pitching woes are overstated perhaps. Oly has been outstanding, Hendrickson has done well lately too (only 2 ER total since facing the Mets), I think the rest can at least keep us in striking range given how productive our offense has shown it can be. Nevermind that Mitre & Sanchez will come back later this year either. :notworthy Preach On Brudda :notworthy +1. A big +1! I've been pushing the "Mark Hendrickson could surprise us" like since Feb, when we found out he has LASIK. And it's not like we've never been surprised by these same kids. Here's what Hendrickson said on the Marlins site today. Maybe you're right.I just had an idea of what I'm doing," the 6-foot-9 left-hander said. "I was seeing things more clearly. Just because I knew what I was wanting to throw doesn't mean that I was executing the pitch. The second phase is executing the pitch. That's usually the biggest problem with young pitchers is, they know what to throw, but they don't necessarily execute it the way they want to.
  25. why is everyone wearing sweaters and sweatshirts tonight...it was like 70 up here in CT today! It's in the 50's up here in New Hampsha and I'm in shorts.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.