Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mountainfish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mountainfish

  1. Any other reggae fans out there? What are your fave's? Albums, songs, artists? I'm into roots but I like most reggae styles. Robert Nesta Marley :notworthy Some of my favorite albums: Culture: Two Sevens Clash Mighty Diamonds: Speak the Truth Black Uhuru: Red Steel Pulse: True Democracy Buju Banton: Til' Shiloh
  2. Teams suffer through losing streaks all the time. The Cubs got hammered by the Rays (whom I now hate almost as much as the Phillies) and the D-Backs have been playing dead for about three weeks now. I may get pissed when one of our relievers screws up a game that, up until that point, had been an exciting one to watch, and I have been known to suffer chest pains when Gregg's put in with a one-run lead, but I'm still extremely impressed with this team. Now that interleague is thankfully over, I'm looking forward to seeing this team give Philly a run for its money. Every person on this forum is a diehard Fish fan (especially those of you with thousands of posts), so let's cut the crap and enjoy this unexpected ride. Very sensible. I salute you. :thumbup
  3. You all sound like a bunch of "naddering nabobs of negativism"* * Spiro Agnew - which is pretty funny sounding in itself.
  4. Spain made the Russians look like "leetle gurlz"... again! Awesome final. Prediction Germany wins 2-1
  5. Man Ijust checked his stats. Looks like he's tearing it up down there. BA .339 OBP .405 OPS .905. Nice.
  6. I thought about this earlier when I heard the news he'd been released. I would take a chance on him. He's a mediocre veteran and he'll be cheap. Can he be worse than Hendrickson?
  7. I'm not Fredi's biggest fan but the problem ain't Fredi. Like Rab said, the pitching sucks. We knew it was going to suck. We knew we would hit a bunch of homers. I'm friggin' flabbergasted that we've done this well. If we are seeing the team we all expected to see before the season and yet we're in second place, not last, then maybe Fredi is actually doing a decent job.
  8. Question Reality!
  9. Forget the Amens. More cowbell!
  10. I would send Joe Nelson down, why Lindstrom let him work out his problems up here. We can't afford to let Lindstrom "work out" his problems. Nelson nearly got out of a bases loaded no-out jam that he inherited. Lindstrom needs to go to the minors and learn how to pitch. ERA WHIP Nelson 1.32 1.02 Lindstrom 5.18 1.93
  11. Books. I want to have my own library.
  12. Hanley is on the cover of SI Kids July issue. It's a nice little article but best of all it comes with a cool miniposter of Hanley. I just got it for my son. Pretty cool. Can't find he story on the website though. Hope to get a link soon. They have a picture of the cover on HanleyRamirez.com
  13. Wow, I found it neither offensive nor humorous. It was just kind of lame.
  14. I think it all has to do with Hoover being on the 40-man roster.
  15. "Tell me how my a$$ tastes" ?? How do you like that visual?
  16. I saw him at the Knight Center when I was going to UM in the mid-80s. Great show. My dad loves the guy. Carlin kind of reminds me of my dad. He (Carlin) seemed to be getting crabbier as he got older but then the last time I saw him he was mellower, like maybe he had a life altering event. Well I guess now he has had the ultimate life altering event.
  17. When has Mike Rabelo shown signs of being productive? He hit a homer against the Astros in April. Oh, ok, well in that case, nevermind. :thumbup He has been very productive...for our opponents.
  18. Iker Casillas. The first stop he made in PKs was sweet. The rest were just bad shots IMO. Not to take anything away from Iker. He's the man.
  19. Wasn't Jacobs a catcher before? Why not give him a shot there and see what happens, that way Cantu can be at first, McPherson at third, and no offense will be lost. In fact, it would probably go up more. Just a thought, don't blast me about it. They say it was his shoulder injury that ended his catching days. I think it was probably his IQ.
  20. Final four...I would love to see a Germany-Spain final. Russia and Turkey aren't even in Europe IMO.
  21. Negatives - Lose Homeruns Not necessarily if the Marlins bring up McPherson to play third. Agreed. I wonder if Beinfest has this move on his radar... I mean even with their record staying over .500, from that recent PBP article it's evident that he's not happy with some of the team's play. He would be an idiot if he didn't at least ponder it. I was wondering why they haven't done it already. Makes me think Beinfest has something up his sleeve.
  22. I'm not opposed to tatoos in general. I don't mind a little personal expression if its original. What I don't get is why people with larger body surface areas, i.e. fat, feel obliged to ink it all up like graffitti on a subway train. That's nasty.
  23. I went with Clay Aiken, once referred to by Dianne Sawyer as "FruityMcGayGay" :lol :lol :lol :lol LMAO, I voted for him too. I am a very tolerant person but something about him makes me just want to kick his a$$.
  24. Depends on what she looks like.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.