Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mountainfish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mountainfish

  1. Keep Hermida and lose Jacobs. As for outfielders next year, Maybin is still a question and may need another year of work in the minors. DeAza will be back. Look out for John Raynor. Playing well in Carolina. Could get a look in the spring.
  2. That is awesome. That's cool. He is having a good year. Playing on the Olympic team would be a nice consolation to spending another year in AAA. And winning a gold medal might top a late season call up to the majors.
  3. It ain't true. Another made up piece by Barry Jackass.
  4. I was critical of Dan Uggla after his disappointing 2007 season, but he silenced me with his performance so far this year. Luis Castillo, the man he replaced at 2nd base, came to work everyday and never complained and never made excuses for his performnace good or bad. I respected Luis tremendously for that and at first, I didn't expect Uggla would live up to that. But little by little and especially after reading Uggla's comments about last night I respect him all the more as a player and as a man.
  5. Can we give them back Rabelo in exchange?
  6. They really don't want to over diagnose people with this type of injury because the time commitment to rehab/return is so long. But the good news is that there is a very high rate of return from TJ surgery compared to shoulder surgery so there is no reason to think he won't be back strong. I suspect his elbow issues have always contributed to his inconsistency so this may be a good thing for his career. I don't think the Marlins would be foolish and let him get away until he's had a chance to rehab and see where he's at.
  7. Everyone who has played baseball has had games like that, where you can't seem to make the plays or get on base. It's part of the drama of baseball. You just move on. How many times does it have to be said," There's no crying in baseball". Uggla is a grown man and he is a good ballplayer. He will be fine. WE need to stop talking about it. Last I will say on the subject.
  8. I thought it was great personally telling mets f u. I d rather see philly win the division than the mets I loved it. Getting booed at the allstar game by the classless New York fans, I wish he would have flipped them off right at the camera.
  9. Everybody else should just lie down.
  10. Nice plug for Allison there Gammons.
  11. Wow...now Uggla needs Hamilton to get 6 or less...good luck. Are you kidding? Hamilton gets the juiced balls.
  12. How many of theses guys brought their own pitchers?
  13. That child is obviously the anti-christ.
  14. From your favorite team Favorite player of all time: Luis Castillo Favorite up-and-coming player: Hanley Ramirez Least favorite player of all time: Braden Looper or Mike Jacobs NOT from your favorite team Favorite player of all time: Nolan Ryan (natch) Favorite up-and-coming player: Howie Kendrick Least favorite player of all time: David Wright
  15. The ASB started later this year, though. Fine. The 2008 Marlins winning percentage is .526. The only year where we had a better winning percentage at the first half was 1997. Stat boy! Stat Man. Stat boy is still what you wish you were. I'm already "Mer-Man." Don't make me bitch slap you with my fish tail. :lol Your dead to me boy.
  16. Rab might have this stat... going back to yesterdays game... I see a disturbing trend developing with this team. What is our record after scoring first? (heck, in the first inning, nonetheless) I don't how many times we've ended up losing after getting an early lead but I can garuntee it isnt good and it bothers me When we lead after the first inning, we are 15-7. When we lead after the 3rd inning, we are 28-6. We don't give away as early leads as it seems. How many times a day on this forum does fervent opinion run smack into the wall of immutable fact.
  17. Gotta go with Uggla. He is silencing even the biggest critics, and has come on very strong after a rough start to the year (remember that? Batting below .200??) Yep. I was one of those critics of Uggla before the season. He's shut me up. It's not a knock on Hanley. We knew he'd be great, but Dan has rebounded from a disappointing season to put up big numbers and has become one of the most feared sluggers in the NL.
  18. If you would have told me in January that we'd be over .500 and 1 1/2 games out of first I would have thought you were on crack so I'm glad to be wrong. That being said, I think this is the most frustrating team to watch because they can look so bad at times and yet they never seem to be out of it. As much as I hate home-run driven offenses thank god for the long ball because this team would be pretty bad without it.
  19. In summary ( in case you've just tuned in): Sanchez pitched in Jupiter. Miller will be sent down. No he won't. Jackass! I am not a donkey! Someones confidence will be destroyed. No it won't. What do you know? You are a donkey Mr. Danger! ??? F*ck Chavez! Sanchez pitched in Ft. Myers. OK, resume tthe thread.
  20. Avatar :7 not a marley fan really "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley
  21. hopefully its just sore and there are no tears or anything like that. Hanley is a big boy... I'm sure he didn't cry. OH...you meant the other kind of tear.
  22. I still think Castillo is uglier.
  23. I remeber Bobby Murcer. I have a couple of his baseball cards. RIP.
  24. is the worst thing ever. It should be outlawed right next to :thumbup for always being used by idiots after their extreme lack of intelligence and overflow of dickfacery mixed with ignorance makes them think something stupid just won them an argument. That's a great turn of phrase :thumbup Can I use it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.