Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mountainfish

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mountainfish

  1. Why are there tons of threads about trade ideas?? The marlins are NOT making any deals... This threads are getting lame Amen. Its getting tiresome.
  2. Depends on who's on deck.
  3. any lineup needs to have cody 1st, hanley 3rd, and cantu 4th. fill in the pieces from there Cody and his .317 OBP needs to bat down in the order unless he's riding the pine which he should be.
  4. Never give up. You are strong.
  5. I like the A's road cap- all green with gold A or a retro Mariners trident cap from 1977-1980 Mariners trident
  6. but our team need starting fire in their bottom because we cannot keep losing trying stay up mets and phy What he said.
  7. Welcome. It's always nice to have a few more of the "over forty" crowd on this board. Three things to remember on this board: 1) have a thick skin..don't take anything personal. 2) As Jackie Moon would say" E.L.E.!" (everybody love everybody!) 3) You are obligated to start a " Call up Dallas McPhereson " thread once a week.
  8. im not trying to win this conversation im just saying that stats dont prove who's a better pitcher!!! i guess we'll see whos better tonight and im still not convinced with cain Yes they do...99.875% of the time.
  9. Matt is one play away from surgery. Baker isn't any good defensively, and his BA isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboards, despite the following he has on these boards. Any other player would be getting a daily bashing around here. And Paulie just isn't as bad as all the exaggerations around here have it. Thats right . Treanor is not healthy. He can barely run. He's one bad play away from going back on the DL.
  10. So who gets the credit for the Marlins not losing 100 games as predicted? I don't love or hate Fredi but can we just stop with this. The Marlins have not been hitting the ball. Not Fredi's fault. "Why hasn't Fredi tweeked the line-up.?" " Why doesn't he bench ______ (fill in the blank)?". Please stop! It's not like we have Ryan Braun or Adam Dunn sitting on the bench. The pitching has been ok except for two bad innings? Manso and his hysterical minions are idiots.
  11. :lol I would rather have Ross with 2 broken legs! CF is def not the problem right now... There is NO CHANCE we get a CF... get over it already.. Maybin in 09 He can play left. This Ross is God thing never ceases to amaze me. I thought I made it clear production and defense in leftfield was at the core of my concerns after watching yesterday unravel. And I did mention he's a free agent right? How Maybin in '09 plays into this is beyond me. He'd be a rental, I thought that was obvious. And a long shot to boot. I'm with you brother on the Ross thing. I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybin for sure is getting called up in September but who knows how he is gonna do and you're right, left field production is an issue. As I recall Kotsay doesn't strike out much, makes contact, ... worth considering as a rental.
  12. Even though I've moved around, Miami will always be home and the Marlins are my home team. Since we didn't have a team alot of my friends were Yankee fans or Orioles fans since they used to play spring ball in Miami. I grew up rooting for the Rangers. I don't know why I liked the Rangers at first. I liked their uniforms ( I was 8 years old ok). I was a Ted Williams fan (their first manager). After I grew to know more about baseball I prefered the National League style so I rooted for the Braves until the Fish were born.
  13. I believe!
  14. You know, Pinto may be tired but I'm bothered by the fact that Tankersley and Pinto, both lefties, have more trouble with left-handed hitters than righties. Maybe their approach is wrong. Sounds like a coaching thing to me.
  15. It may not be that funny but anyone who makes fun of that douchebag LeBatard is ok in my book. He was pretty much on the money though.
  16. You know, I was as pissed off as anyone when Gregg blew that save and I'm frustrated that the Mutts are winning and we're struggling but the reason we are all on this board is because we are baseball fans. If there is one thing to take away from this game its that there is always a chance to win. We're not even mathematically close to being out of it. Our bats are going to wake up, and we're gonna add some pop in September. The pitching has been solid (for the most part ) and this team has been coming from behind to win all year. Plus remember how the Mets fell apart last year? There is a lot of baseball to be played yet and it ain't over. Remember when we had to throw out lifesavers to everyone who jumped off the boat when we lost to the Rockies?Well,we bounced back then. Gregg blew a save. ok. But look at how well Lindstrom and Kensing pitched.Come on! We rebounded last night. I actually feel like this hitting slump is about to end and all the pieces are going to click just at the right time. Don't give up!
  17. As my hero Bob Marley would say, "Get up, stand up. Stand up for you rights. Get up, stand up. Don't give up the fight." As my other hero Nolan Ryan would say, " I'm gonna throw this ball at your chin and you're not man enough to do anything about it." (ok I made that one up) Let's kick some a$$! If you're not with us, your against us!
  18. This guy is awesome. Adam Rafferty.
  19. Whether you agree wih Cote or not (I happen to agree) give him some credit for actually writing a piece about the Marlins that has to do with their performance on the field and not about attendance or payroll or Manny Ramirez or any other such bulls#!t. This is the kind of baseball writing/reporting that is so lacking in the South Florida media market. Not that anything he said is earth-shattering or particularly well-written, but at least he's showing some passion for this team and sounding like a sportswriter.
  20. As someone who takes out rotten appendices for a living, I'm sure you will make a speedy recovery. Be "strong in will" as Ulysses would say.
  21. I love it when Olsen works fast and hits his spots.
  22. I know money is an issue with this club so it's got us all thinking like Beinfest. If we're thinking about being competitive however its a different story. A. Miller has not thus far shown that he can go deep into games or be consistent near the srike zone. Assuming Hendricksons gone that would leave us without a reliable lefty starter if Olsen goes. In our division that would be suicidal. Even if Miller develops as projected, a reliable durable lefty starter for $3 million is a bargain unless the Marlins have no intention of ever raising payroll. As for Willingham I thought they missed their window for trading him earlier this year. Now he is struggling and he's damaged goods. Jake on the other hand has some value for teams looking for a lefty power bat. As for Maybin, I'm sure the team is going to try to rush him into the starting CF spot but I think that is a mistake. He's only 21. He's having an ok season at AA but he will struggle in the bigs at first. Maybe we don't have another option but why start the clock on his service time if he isn't ready. Personally, I think Uggla is going to be trade bait. He's looking o make $4.5 million. You have an abundance of power hitters and a need for table setters and contact hitters. You have Coughlin in the wings, Amezaga and Andino can fill the gap until then. He may be the most expendable for a catcher or veteran outfielder.
  23. I don't know what Pujols is talking about. Hanley would really struggle at 3B, if he was put there. Hanley has made some great strides in improving his defense, and is very good at getting the tough ground balls, he just needs to get better with the routine one's. how would he greatly struggle? I think people see Hanley making alot of errors in the transfer from glove to hand and on his throws, so it may not decrease his error rate but at least he won't have to worry about turning the doubleplay at second.
  24. I can't see Maybin getting alot of PT unless other people struggle or we are out of the hunt for a playoff spot. Maybe down in the order but certainly not in the leadoff spot. He is just not ready and we need to win now.
  25. I think he has done a good job. I often disagree with his style but I think Fredi deserves consideration for Manager of the Year based on where we are and where we were projected to be. However as we all know EVERYONE has their detractors and their worshippers. Case in point: I gotta give some credit to Girardi for the sucess this team is having as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.