Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paul Lo Duca

Featured Replies

This sucks.

Why is this guy on the team? Once again...not in the lineup, tonight. Why was he even picked up?

 

Can we get Justin Miller back, please? Or another reliever? Or a bench player, who provides something else?

 

Why must we carry THREE ( :confused ) catchers?

  • Author

How 'bout David Ross?

 

He was released yesterday.

 

That would give us FOUR catchers. How about letting Lo Duca go, and just stay with Baker & Treanor...and address the catching need in the offseason?

  • Author

hes gonna start when we face a lefty pitcher which hasent happened yet

 

 

And why would he?

Baker has hit lefties better than righties, this year.

 

Plus, that's not true. If it were, he would've been in the lineup, when the team faced Marshall, the other night. He wasn't.

Lo Duca can also play left field and first base. I'm just wondering what the hell Fredi is waiting for to put him in one of those positions seeing it as the guys currently filling them aren't doing sh*t.

  • Author

Lo Duca can also play left field and first base. I'm just wondering what the hell Fredi is waiting for to put him in one of those positions seeing it as the guys currently filling them aren't doing sh*t.

 

 

I'm not sure I'm thrilled by the idea of him playing LF. I wonder who's arm is worse...Lo Duca or Gonzo?

Lo Duca can also play left field and first base. I'm just wondering what the hell Fredi is waiting for to put him in one of those positions seeing it as the guys currently filling them aren't doing sh*t.

 

 

I'm not sure I'm thrilled by the idea of him playing LF. I wonder who's arm is worse...Lo Duca or Gonzo?

The 1st guy is worse.

Lo Duca can also play left field and first base. I'm just wondering what the hell Fredi is waiting for to put him in one of those positions seeing it as the guys currently filling them aren't doing sh*t.

 

 

I'm not sure I'm thrilled by the idea of him playing LF. I wonder who's arm is worse...Lo Duca or Gonzo?

 

Still, at least put him in 1B to try to change something.

  • Author

Lo Duca can also play left field and first base. I'm just wondering what the hell Fredi is waiting for to put him in one of those positions seeing it as the guys currently filling them aren't doing sh*t.

 

 

I'm not sure I'm thrilled by the idea of him playing LF. I wonder who's arm is worse...Lo Duca or Gonzo?

 

Still, at least put him in 1B to try to change something.

 

Well, I would hope he at least gets a "chance to prove people wrong" (as he's been blabbering about, of late)...if not, it's rather pointless to have him on the roster.

This sucks.

Why is this guy on the team? Once again...not in the lineup, tonight. Why was he even picked up?

 

Can we get Justin Miller back, please? Or another reliever? Or a bench player, who provides something else?

 

Why must we carry THREE ( :confused ) catchers?

 

Remember Loduca can also play the outfield and maybe even first base.

Im not a fan of the pickup. What kind of veteran presence is Lo Duca, who clearly isnt even a good role model for being on the Mitchell Report. We dont need a boatload of veterans. Think about it, baseball and veterans, you really only need one. I think you need the vets for pretty much only hockey and maybe basketball, but even in basketball more than one is just making your bench older. Football I think the teams are too big in size. Baseball too slow of a sport for me to think that more than one or two vets could really make a difference if they are all saying the same thing.

hes gonna start when we face a lefty pitcher which hasent happened yet

 

 

And why would he?

Baker has hit lefties better than righties, this year.

According to sportsline.com, Baker is hitting .250 against righties and .160 against lefties this season.

LoDuca doesn't stretch well for throws at first. And he gets dizzy in the outfield and throws up (seriously, back in June/July with the Nats he did just that).

 

He is a catcher that can't catch, a fielder that can't field, a batter that can't bat.

maybe because he has a good relationship with fredi? I dont know man, im to hyped up about nolascos Complete game that featured 0 walks, 11 Ks, and 2 hits

  • Author

hes gonna start when we face a lefty pitcher which hasent happened yet

 

 

And why would he?

Baker has hit lefties better than righties, this year.

According to sportsline.com, Baker is hitting .250 against righties and .160 against lefties this season.

 

 

I was talking about his whole year, though. He hit .381 against lefties in AAA. So it's not as if he's not capable.

he probably had a clause in his contract to be called up or he could opt out

LoDuca doesn't stretch well for throws at first. And he gets dizzy in the outfield and throws up (seriously, back in June/July with the Nats he did just that).

 

He is a catcher that can't catch, a fielder that can't field, a batter that can't bat.

 

damn he is worthless to you and so far he is to me too

he probably had a clause in his contract to be called up or he could opt out

 

So we sent a useful player packing just so he could help carry equipment?

i didnt see the game last night but from what i saw of the box score, baker again showed that he is rightfully the starter now

 

i also dont understand the lo duca situation - no need for him in my honest opinion

Matt is one play away from surgery. Baker isn't any good defensively, and his BA isn't exactly lighting up the scoreboards, despite the following he has on these boards. Any other player would be getting a daily bashing around here. And Paulie just isn't as bad as all the exaggerations around here have it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.