Everything posted by mountainfish
-
So I just bought a jersey
what do you guys think? cost me 27 bucks now I wanna find myself a hanley ramirez name kit so I can iron it to the back of it :shifty Nice but I think it would be more appropriate if you used a Walt Weiss name kit.
-
National Security Force
If Obama had just changed the word "security" to "service" as in "civilian national service force" it would have been less bothersome. I'm not a libertarian per se but I get why some people would be alarmed by those few sentences. I'm not overly worried about though. Now, if he asks us to turn in our guns, well, thats another story.
-
How fielding improved the 2008 Florida Marlins
Am I the only one here who thinks Hanley will be in the OF in about 2-3 years? IMO, that would be a terrible move. And i dont think it will happen, ever. I think it will, considering he's only 24. He's 6 foot 3, 200 lbs (could easily add some more weight, and increase his power production, at the plate...as he continues to get stronger). As of right now...at 6 foot 3, 200 lbs...he's an average defensive SS. The bigger he gets the less range he's gonna have playing a critical position, like SS. When it's all said and done (a couple years from now)...Hanley could be 6 foot 3, .215-220 lbs. Shortstops are, generally, not that big. As, i see now. I didnt take into consideration that he'll get bigger as he gets older. But like Nny said, do it when it happens, not before. And even if we move hanley to OF or third base(which will block dominguez), who will replace him at shortstop? You know, he doesn't have to get fat. He could choose to stay in shape. You can control that sort of thing with some self discipline.
-
Couple pics from Afghanistan...
18 days! I hope there's a cold beer and a soft bed waiting for ya! God's speed!
-
Vice Presidential Debate Thread
Palin didn't drool. So, she did fine. She didn't drool and she did look kinda hot but she didn't do anything to convince me she's qualified to lead our country or even be 2nd in command. Her experience as a mom and a business owner doesn't exactly pad her resume too much in my opinion. The only thing I felt is that if the Dem ticket were flipped, we'd probably have a better president. More knowledgeable, more experienced, with a history of getting things done. However, he'd be a much worse candidate than Sen Obama. Yeah, I kind of thought he might have upstaged Obama a little bit. He seemed very Presidential last night, for whatever that's worth.
-
New Article
None of that is really shocking. Frisaro just writes what the FO feeds him. I think Beinfest just wants the league to know they will listen to offers for Uggla. I don't think he will unload him just for the sake of it, some of the other arb. eligible players maybe, but not Uggla. He'll want some value in return. I was hoping to see a payroll of about $40 million so thats kind of dissapointing.
-
Vice Presidential Debate Thread
Palin didn't drool. So, she did fine. She didn't drool and she did look kinda hot but she didn't do anything to convince me she's qualified to lead our country or even be 2nd in command. Her experience as a mom and a business owner doesn't exactly pad her resume too much in my opinion.
-
Penny Cave
Ok, so I went to the site and understand it better now, my only concern with it would be: what's to prevent people from developing software that bids on the products at exactly one second left? Also, why would anybody bid before 30 seconds are left in the auction? Really cool concept though, and I'm going to sign up tonight. edit: ohhhh the 3 minutes resets when someone bids...hmm...really cool site, thanks jets. That's what sniping is and that software already exists. Just watch the bids for a while and notice how most of them go up right at one second remaing. That tells you someone is already sniping.
-
How fielding improved the 2008 Florida Marlins
Where did Hanley rank in +/- ?
-
Bailout plan being voted on right now
He makes alot of good points in this. Conditions for Bailout The bailout should be designed to minimize moral hazard. If you could distill it all down to one thing thats it. A market that operates without risk is dangerous.
-
Greg Cote has his finger on the pulse of the team.
I still don't get it.
-
What would you like the AAA and AA Marlins teams names to be because o
because Grasshoppers are obviously more menacing. Obviously!
-
Penny Cave
Whoever thought of this is a genius. Basically its an electronics auction site. You have to pay a dollar per bid, but each time you bid the price of the product only goes up 1 cent. So the starting price is always 0.00 with a 3 minute timer. Every time someone places a bid the clock restarts. My cousin just won a playstation 3 for $30.00. The reason its genius is because to make a product cost #30 there have to be $3,000 in bids that the site gets to keep. More importantly, the winning bidder can get a product for a fraction of the cost. You just have to make sure you don't spend hundreds in bids. www.pennycave.com It's a cool concept. There's alot of sniping going though which makes it frustrating. I bet they'll make alot of money.
-
Marlins Outright De Aza, Owens, Gardner and Waechter
I feel bad for DeAza. He's had some sh*tty luck. I hope he kills it in AAA and gets back on to the 40 man. Will he be invited to ST. He should after his last two ST performances. The only problem with De Aza is, besides spring training-for lack of a better term-he just sucks. A bit harsh considering the guy has been really unlucky with injuries. Right. He flat out won the CF job two years in a row and got taken out by injury. The last time by John Raynor no less(conspiracy anyone :mis2 ). Cut the guy some slack. It's not fair to base your assesment on his last month of 2007 when he came back from his first injury.
-
Marlins Outright De Aza, Owens, Gardner and Waechter
I feel bad for DeAza. He's had some sh*tty luck. I hope he kills it in AAA and gets back on to the 40 man. Will he be invited to ST. He should after his last two ST performances.
-
Explanation of In-depth fielding statistics
That's excellent. One important thing for people to realize is that RZR is basically a ratio while OOZ is an absolute number. OOZ is a very gross measure of range. I like plus/minus because it factors in a lot of variables as you mentioned. Its kind of like EqA or GPA for hitters. One question: Is depthness a word? :shifty
-
Rab's Top 10 Marlins Webgems of 2008
Nice job Rab. Looking forward to the rest.
-
Nicknames for some of our future studs
Anyway, one of its close relatives is the Black Marlin. When I thought of Black Marlin, I thought of Cameron Maybin, naturally. What...the.... :whistle :whistle :lol (Oh man...I was about to say that...but I thought "I better not," lol. Good to see I'm not the only one who saw it). :lol :lol Sorry, it came out really wrong. I just meant it like how J-Will's nickname would be, White Chocolate. No racism involved, I'm no supremacist, lol. You better quit while your behind. :mis2
-
How will stadium funding be affected by the current financial crisis?
Ok I tried to start a similar thread before. I was wondering if the financing was in jeopardy? Prinmemito had this comment. The credit markets may prevent the County from issuing the General Obligation Bonds they need to finance the stadium. I'm not in So.Fla. Has any of this has been discussed in the local media? Do any experts out there know the answer?
-
Ben Folds New CD
BLOWS. Thats too bad, although to me he's gotten a little suckier with each album (yet I own most of them).
-
Nicknames for some of our future studs
How 'bout Pinto and Flounder.
-
Bailout plan being voted on right now
I wouldn't disagree with that, nor would I with the bulk of that CNN link penguino posted. My biggest worry is the rush to approve something that hasn't been well thought out. Right, and it's becoming evermore clear that this bailout was not well thought out. Wall Street Held A Gun To Our Heads
-
Sweet Home Hialeah
Hey I though that was pretty good. I've been away from So.Fla. for a few years but that made me smile.
-
As a child...
I was kinda geeky in high school but I had alot of jock friends. I was cool compared to the other geeks or at least I thought I was. Kind of like Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles - "king of the dipsh*ts" - although I never scored with the Prom Queen. :mischief
-
Marlins Rookie Hazing
best one was, whoppers are better! lol ahh that ricky nolasco Without a doubt the best aspect of this is that presumably most of the diners in there would be totally oblivious to the fact that a guy who had won 15 games in the major leagues this year was running about in a BK costume shouting "McDonalds suck!" LOL Man, Burger King should snap Ricky up for an endorsement deal and show that video.