Great article on Marlins.com about Uggla last night

All-Star Miscues No Worry to Uggla

Night of stumbles won't get to second baseman going forwardBy Willie Bans / MLB.com

NEW YORK -- Under the "All-Star Games" section of Dan Uggla's resume, two experiences are currently listed. And after Tuesday night, the difference between them will jump off the page.

Uggla committed three errors, an All-Star record, in the National League's 15-inning, 4-3 loss to the American League at Yankee Stadium. He didn't play in the 2006 All-Star Game, but he entered Tuesday's game in the sixth inning and tallied two straight errors in the 10th and one in the 13th.

One error in the 10th happened when the White Sox Carlos Quentin lined a sharp grounder to Uggla and the ball trickled between Uggla's legs for a single.

"That was a rough one," Uggla said. "I'm not going to lie. Sometimes it's not your night. Tonight wasn't my night. You move forward, you take those. No excuses, but stuff like that happens."

After the errors in the 10th, an intentional walk loaded the bases with one out. But Colorado pitcher Aaron Cook got out of the jam, and Uggla took a deep sigh of relief.

Uggla said he wasn't pressing, and he remained upbeat about playing in the last All-Star Game in Yankee Stadium.

"I don't think so," Uggla said of a possible snowball effect with the defensive miscues. "You can say the term, 'When it rains it pours.' It's just the way it went tonight. You can't do anything about it.

"Still had a lot of fun. I wouldn't trade it for anything."

Uggla typically plays solid defense, and he had six errors in 80 games this season.

"My reputation is what it is," he said. "One night's not going to change it. It doesn't change how I go about it. If someone else wants to say something about it, let them say it, but I know what kind player I am and I know that my defense is going to be fine after today."

Added NL manager Clint Hurdle: "My heart goes out to the young man. He's such a good player, you know. Such a good player. Obviously, that's not the kind of night you want to have in the All-Star Game. You have that kind of night in the season, you get to play the next day."

Uggla wasn't much better at the plate, either. He was 0-for-4 with three strikeouts and six runners left on base.

After a rough 4-hour, 50-minute game, Uggla was still able to think to the pregame ceremony featuring 49 Hall of Famers.

"I'll tell you what, I was holding back some tears, man," Uggla said. "I had some chills going. That was probably the coolest things I've ever been a part of."

Uggla was also glad he had Marlins teammate Hanley Ramirez there, as the NL's starting shortstop went 2-for-3 with one run in the leadoff spot. "It was great," Uggla said. "He definitely deserved it. I thought he deserved it last year. To have him here with me, for me to be here with me, it was great. He's a great player and he had a great game tonight."

I loved what he said, he's definitely got the right attitude about it going forward.

I love his attitude

Agreed! I am so happy he reacted the way he did, but I still want to know if that whole thing about him puking after his 3rd SO was true. Probably another dumb NY rumor.

I love his attitude

I love your signature :thumbup

Ill give it a second :thumbup

Another nice article which talks about Dan's father and his experience...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/con...16/uggla17.html

Sweet article =)

Yankees fans could be heard chanting "Hit the ball to Uggla,'' which made John Uggla chuckle.

"They'd tap us on the shoulder and say, 'Your guy had a rough night tonight,' '' he said. "I'd go, 'Yeah, he did. What are you going to do? He'll move on.' ''

:lol Really can't do anything but laugh about it.

I was critical of Dan Uggla after his disappointing 2007 season, but he silenced me with his performance so far this year. Luis Castillo, the man he replaced at 2nd base, came to work everyday and never complained and never made excuses for his performnace good or bad. I respected Luis tremendously for that and at first, I didn't expect Uggla would live up to that. But little by little and especially after reading Uggla's comments about last night I respect him all the more as a player and as a man.