Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freddi needs to be fired...

Featured Replies

I'm sorry but a manager not only needs to allow his players to show emotion but have the guts to get in their faces when they need a swift kick in the a&*. He had the same problem last year and it's happening again now. If they are going to be successful it will NOT be with this guy. Until I hear him give the team a major league a&%chew, he needs to GO. :mad

I'm sorry but a manager not only needs to allow his players to show emotion but have the guts to get in their faces when they need a swift kick in the a&*. He had the same problem last year and it's happening again now. If they are going to be successful it will NOT be with this guy. Until I hear him give the team a major league a&%chew, he needs to GO. :mad

 

What makes you think Loria wants him to be successful ? Personally I think Freddi is gone if Cox hangs it up in Atlanta after this year. His family still lives in Atlanta, and Freddi I'm sure can't wait to escape from Loria's cheap a**.

Yes lets fire the man who's kept a team with the lowest(by Far) payroll in baseball, that many predicted to lose 100+ games in contention to almost July. Get rid of him yesterday, today is too late.

Do you honestly think Fredi had much to do with the team's early success this year? Or maybe it was the fact that they lead the majors in home runs. Now they aren't hitting the home runs as regularly, and the other flaws of the team are more apparent. The roster is just not as good as we originally thought.

Do you honestly think Fredi had much to do with the team's early success this year? Or maybe it was the fact that they lead the majors in home runs. Now they aren't hitting the home runs as regularly, and the other flaws of the team are more apparent. The roster is just not as good as we originally thought.

Really? I think this team is just as good as I originally thought. The pitching sucks and the bats are great. You make it sound as if we haven't been scoring runs.

 

In the last 10 games, these sh*tty 10 games, we have scored an average of 5 runs per game. Only twice did we score less than 3 runs.

I do think Fredi needs to be fired, and just like the Toronto Blue Jays did lets have a blast from the past and hire Jack Mckeon.

I think Fredi is doing a good job with these guys. You never know what is going on behind closed doors. What Fredi says to the media doesnt mean that is the same thing he says to the players. Maybe he is not into brining clubhouse issues out of the clubhouse. Fredi might make moves that make me think abit but what manager is perfect?

I think Fredi is doing a good job with these guys. You never know what is going on behind closed doors. What Fredi says to the media doesnt mean that is the same thing he says to the players. Maybe he is not into brining clubhouse issues out of the clubhouse. Fredi might make moves that make me think abit but what manager is perfect?

I remember when he was first hired Fredi made it clear that he would never be the type of manager who publicly berates his players. He said something to the effect that any issues with any of his players would always be dealt with privately. So I agree with you that it's difficult to tell what goes on behind closed doors. It may be frustrating to see what we perceive as a lack of fire as far as getting after the guys but we just don't know.

I think Fredi is doing a fine job. He has made several moves that have worked out very well. For example, playing Cantu at first and Helms at third while Jacobs DH in American league parks. That move helped the defense and the offense at the same time. Putting the "lefty shift" on with Cantu playing behind second base leaving Hanley in the SS position also worked well.

 

Our payroll doesn't allow for a starting rotation and bullpen that could be managed more conventionally. It would be great if our starters went 8 innings. Fredi would bring in the set-up guy in the 8th and the closer in the 9th and that's it.

 

The club is doing much better than expected. If you are going to blame him for what has gone wrong, you have to give him credit for what has gone right. All in all, I am happy with Fredi. If the Marlins finish 2 games off the lead in the division (that is where we are today) Fredi will be the NL manager of the year.

The average poster IQ on this site is at an all-time low.

Would you like to post an opinion or just be insulting?

The average poster IQ on this site is at an all-time low.

Would you like to post an opinion or just be insulting?

I'd rather just be insulting. No worries; you're on the sane side of this argument.

I don't think Fredi is a good in game manager.

 

But at the same time, I don't think he's responsible for the bad pitching and bad defense that goes with this team. I don't see how another manager fixes those problems. The Marlins main problems are mainly personnel related.

I'm not Fredi's biggest fan but the problem ain't Fredi. Like Rab said, the pitching sucks. We knew it was going to suck. We knew we would hit a bunch of homers. I'm friggin' flabbergasted that we've done this well. If we are seeing the team we all expected to see before the season and yet we're in second place, not last, then maybe Fredi is actually doing a decent job.

Freddi has nothing to do with the Marlins' failure or success this year.

 

 

um yea hes the manager he kinda does

 

hes doin good job but weve been slumping like crazy

Freddi has nothing to do with the Marlins' failure or success this year.

 

 

um yea hes the manager he kinda does

 

hes doin good job but weve been slumping like crazy

 

Managers don't control slumps, I don't know why people assume they do...

 

Managers basically control: Pitch counts, hit and runs, fielding shifts and who starts a game... and if your solution to slump busting is putting Andino in over, like Jacobs or something, rethink that...

 

Managers make sure the players are ready to play the game, and I think Fredi, for the most part, has done that...

 

I think that a lot of people on this site got spoiled by our hot start and "world-beaters" attitude, we'll we MAY be regressing to the mean, but, if we are, we're still improved from last year, and have room to get better the next couple of years....

 

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

LOL didn't Garbageman say we would be .500 by July?

A quick forum search says the only time he ever mentioned July was on April 22nd when he predicted that Miller was going to be sent down to AA and then called up in July when he "learned to pitch".

Heh, Freddi should realize when a game is out of reach. I think if a dude like Hendrickson is getting shelled, he needs to make him suck it up and last 5-6 innings for the sake of the bullpen. Losing by 40 only hurts as much as losing by 1.

Heh, Freddi should realize when a game is out of reach. I think if a dude like Hendrickson is getting shelled, he needs to make him suck it up and last 5-6 innings for the sake of the bullpen. Losing by 40 only hurts as much as losing by 1.

 

 

seriously bvut waetcher stepd up tday

its not lik hendrickson hav stats like era to worry about his is about 10 already

but freddi is doin an excetional job making us contenders

  • Author

The average poster IQ on this site is at an all-time low.

Would you like to post an opinion or just be insulting?

 

 

I stand by what I said. Say something stand by and will see how pans out.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.