Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freddi needs to be fired...

Featured Replies

  • Author

I do think Fredi needs to be fired, and just like the Toronto Blue Jays did lets have a blast from the past and hire Jack Mckeon.

 

 

I'm with ya brother! :thumbup

  • Author

I am not saying Freddi is the reason we're not pitching or playing good defense. I'm saying Freddi needs to hold players more accountable. He needs light fires under their a$&es. He hasn't done that and has said he won't do that. Freddi has also said he does not like players showing emotion on the field (i.e. the Rabelo baseball spike incident). The fact is baseball players have to show some emotion and it starts with the manager. Maybe the increase in intensity won't turn this team into worldbeaters but I don't think we would have such terrible streaks like we're having. I mean I remember McKeon, Leyland, and even Girardi (who did not support initially) would get in guys' faces to get them to produce. Those are the types of managers this team needs. In fact, those are the type of managers players always speak highly of and love to play for. I mean Jack would be greeted with gifts by formers players while Leyland still has players that enjoyed playing for him and would still love to play for him now even after getting ripped by him like Bonds. You guys can disagree and say a manager does help but I'm not from the Schambi school of baseball. Managers do have an impact on the intagibles of the game and Freddi needs to step up and keep this team from falling.

 

The attitude of we're surprised we're here is not enough. Ok... we're here. Now, are we just gonna fold or are we going to keep this ship from sinking and take it all the way???? :mis2

This team was expected to finish dead last in the NL East, and lots of people said...worst in baseball.

The team is 40-38, 2 games back of 1st place.

 

We go on a 4 game losing streak, and Fredi deserves to be fired? :rolleyes:

This team was expected to finish dead last in the NL East, and lots of people said...worst in baseball.

The team is 40-38, 2 games back of 1st place.

 

We go on a 4 game losing streak, and Fredi deserves to be fired? :rolleyes:

 

flip flop flip flop

i still cant believe the marlins are in this position after trading Miguel cabrera and dontrell willis. I was one of the people who thought we were gonna lose 100 games this season, but im glad i may be wrong. THis is a great start for the marlins and we will only get better when JJ, sanchez, and mitre come back.

This team was expected to finish dead last in the NL East, and lots of people said...worst in baseball.

The team is 40-38, 2 games back of 1st place.

 

We go on a 4 game losing streak, and Fredi deserves to be fired? :rolleyes:

 

flip flop flip flop

 

 

"flip flop," huh?

God, you're such a clueless little 5 year old. Just b/c you disagree with ONE BAD MOVE FREDI MADE, doesn't mean you want him fired.

the way i see it this team that fredi was giving to coach he need to do best what he have that is soso pitching staff that cannot play untill 5inng and bullpen that look like want season too end and bats that get cold too fredi doing best what he have

Sorry I have no link to this but I had heard that Freddi mentioned he has the mindset of "It's OK if you mess up today, tomorrow it's forgotten" with the players instead of getting on their cases when they mess up.

The average poster IQ on this site is at an all-time low.

 

 

:thumbup

I like Fredi, I think he is a great fit for this club and I hope he stays a while.

You are so right, as long you say something negative about the team your IQ is low, just agree with everything that is happening and you are alright. I love it.

You are so right, as long you say something negative about the team your IQ is low, just agree with everything that is happening and you are alright. I love it.

 

It's a knee jerk reaction to a horrible series.

Teams suffer through losing streaks all the time. The Cubs got hammered by the Rays (whom I now hate almost as much as the Phillies) and the D-Backs have been playing dead for about three weeks now. I may get pissed when one of our relievers screws up a game that, up until that point, had been an exciting one to watch, and I have been known to suffer chest pains when Gregg's put in with a one-run lead, but I'm still extremely impressed with this team. Now that interleague is thankfully over, I'm looking forward to seeing this team give Philly a run for its money. Every person on this forum is a diehard Fish fan (especially those of you with thousands of posts), so let's cut the crap and enjoy this unexpected ride.

Teams suffer through losing streaks all the time. The Cubs got hammered by the Rays (whom I now hate almost as much as the Phillies) and the D-Backs have been playing dead for about three weeks now. I may get pissed when one of our relievers screws up a game that, up until that point, had been an exciting one to watch, and I have been known to suffer chest pains when Gregg's put in with a one-run lead, but I'm still extremely impressed with this team. Now that interleague is thankfully over, I'm looking forward to seeing this team give Philly a run for its money. Every person on this forum is a diehard Fish fan (especially those of you with thousands of posts), so let's cut the crap and enjoy this unexpected ride.

 

Very sensible. I salute you. :thumbup

:lol @ this thread.

sometimes we forget it is fredi that did some very good things

he moved uggla to 5 spot where hes destroying the ball

ghermida is on had a 12 game hit streak in the 2 hole

he moved hanley back to leadoff he put cantu to bat 3 etc etc

also he stuck with andrew miller after his crappy 1st month now hes pitching a good strong 6 to 7 innings a games

 

Good Job Fredi get us back to the top

I'm sorry but a manager not only needs to allow his players to show emotion but have the guts to get in their faces when they need a swift kick in the a&*. He had the same problem last year and it's happening again now. If they are going to be successful it will NOT be with this guy. Until I hear him give the team a major league a&%chew, he needs to GO. :mad

 

 

Moron +1

We're a 20 million dollar team who is beat up that is over .500. This team will be there in the end.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.