Tattoos...

Fish4Life

For a while in high school I wanted to get an Autobots logo on my upper right arm, but I've become anti-tattoo. Not because I don't like them, but because there are too many people with preconceived notions about people with tattoos and I don't want something like a tattoo hurting my chances at a job or something.

I don't mind lower back tattoos, and sometimes they're a turnon, but not too many other tattoos on women do anything for me, and more often than not they're turnoffs

I've been thinking about a tattoo for a while now, but I'm stuck on where and what... if anything, I think it'd be on my lower neck so it couldn't keep me from getting a job like Rab said, but I could still have it

A small tattoo on a girl is ok, but anything too big I find trashy/extremely unattractive. No offense to any girl on here who has some, it's just not my thing and an instant turnoff, just like smoking.

Agreed. I'm going to take things a bit further and say that I would never date a girl who smokes or has a tattoo. I know that sounds superficial but when you think about it, any girl that sees the merits in both of those things isn't likely to be socially compatible with me. In other words, she is likely to possess a mindset radically different from mine.

Tattoos are for rappers, white trash, and prisoners.

:(

I really think that it would depend on the tattoo... everything in context

I'm not trying to slam anyone here, but I just don't find anything socially appealing about making any body modification in that manner. I just don't see the point. Maybe there is something I'm missing but I prefer to date girls who share my opinions on things such as this.

What are these 20ish year old girls going to look like when they are 40? Yesterday I saw a mom probably not much older than 30 with one and she looked incredibly ridiculous.

I see why you think and feel that way, but when you suggest that tattoos are only for 3 types of people, and two of those types are very negative labels... well, then it's kinda taking a shot. Countless soldiers have tattoos commemorating their service or their crewmates, firefighters and police officers do the same kinda thing.

I'm not advocating anything ridiculous, but there are some tattoos that hold a special meaning to people, hence my "everything with a context" statement.

Outside of military service why else should a prospective female have one with "meaning?"

Do I want to see the tattoo of the name of her ex-lover? People get tattoos to honor the dead, but again this is something I don't find appealing either. There are more sophisticated ways of accomplishing the same thing from my vantage point.

It's all a matter of taste. I know there are plenty of guys/girls who don't mind so there is a little something for everyone. There are plenty of girls for me who don't have them so I have no issues.

Tattoo's with specific names like that are full of fail, that's definitely on my "no" list

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong for your opinion, I just didn't like being likened to a criminal or white trash for something

A small tattoo on a girl is ok, but anything too big I find trashy/extremely unattractive. No offense to any girl on here who has some, it's just not my thing and an instant turnoff, just like smoking.

Agreed. I'm going to take things a bit further and say that I would never date a girl who smokes or has a tattoo. I know that sounds superficial but when you think about it, any girl that sees the merits in both of those things isn't likely to be socially compatible with me. In other words, she is likely to possess a mindset radically different from mine.

Yeah go f*** yourself too.

I agree with most of you... In my opinion I really could care less.. I mean Im not not going to date a girl that I like because she has a tattoo... Im in the mix of possibly getting one just not sure about it and I wont get one unless Im 100% positive I want it..

:drool

:lol Thats a little overboard my friend and a pretty stupid comment... I mean tattoos are not for a certain person.. every type of person has them... The hottest female models in the world have them... Athletes, Musicians, doctors, I mean to say they are for rappers, white trash and prisoners is just plain dumb