Which World Series was more exciting?

While I remember 03 better, and am probably a bit more connected to that team, 97 was way more exciting.

Marlins taking games 1-3-5, Indians taking games 2-4-6.

Game 7 in Miami, rallying to tie it in the 9th and 2 outs with Counsell's sac fly.

Powell with an inning ending double play at the top of the 11th.

Renteria coming up in the bottom of the 11th with 2 outs, single over just over the pitchers glove, Counsell touching home and jumping in the air. Renteria running flying to first, throwing his helmet off.

I smile just thinking about it.

97 was exciting because it was the first time in the playoffs, the first season with really high expectations, the uncetainty of what wayne would do in the offseason and if this was the only chance - was great seeing the quality of players in marlins unis, making a run with the WC (not as common at that time) and knocking the braves out of the playoffs while riding the arm of a young livan hernandez in a good 7 game series (which outsiders blast due to weather, teams involved etc)

however, 2003 probably gets the tip from me - no expectations, upstart club, d-train doing his thing, cabs making his initial splash, young and fun group of guys - trader jack and his cigars - pudge clutching that ball against the giants and getting up with a roar, the cubs series - bartman, prior, wood - closing the mouths of that a-hole fan base and then on to beat the NY friggin yankees for the WS - i know tons of yankee fans and although you can't compare histories it does bristle them - my buddy was wearing his NYY coat that has all the WS patches on the sleeves - i asked why there wasn't for for 2003, i know they made it I just can't remember what happened, but since they are the yankees I assume they won - then a dbacks fan asks the same for 2001 - he just got pissed and left

97 no doubt. It you mean the whole playoff, then its pretty even. Gotta love that Cubs series.

I have to agree with this. The national media will never forgive the Marlins for winning that series. Defiying the odds and the media to overcome Wrigley, & Woods & Prior. It was exhilarating ! :thumbup

The victory over the Cubs in the 2003 playoffs will always be my favorite series I believe.

1997. I remember my mom and I jumping off the couch screaming and my dog wonderring what the hell was going on when Edgar drove in the winning run.

My mom sent me to bed in the 10th :rolleyes:. I was so upset she let me stay up longer.... I ended up going to bed very late that night.

The 2003 playoffs were more exciting.

The 1997 World Series was more exciting.

I voted 1997 for WS! :D

I agree. Game 7 of the 97 WS is one of the most underrated great games in WS history. How many WS game sevens went into extra innings and ended on a walk off hit? Not many. Add to that a 4 year old franchise and the first wild card team ever and you've got a historic series. I don't understand why only Marlins fans can appreciate that.

While I remember 03 better, and am probably a bit more connected to that team, 97 was way more exciting.

Marlins taking games 1-3-5, Indians taking games 2-4-6.

Game 7 in Miami, rallying to tie it in the 9th and 2 outs with Counsell's sac fly.

Powell with an inning ending double play at the top of the 11th.

Renteria coming up in the bottom of the 11th with 2 outs, single over just over the pitchers glove, Counsell touching home and jumping in the air. Renteria running flying to first, throwing his helmet off.

I smile just thinking about it.

It would make a good movie.

I went with 2003 for one reason. In 1997, the marlins were supposed to make playoffs. In 2003, the Marlins started the season horribly, brought in Jack McKeon, and then went on a wild ride into the playoffs and the World Series (Beating the Evil Empire in their ballpark gets extra points :) )

2003 for me. I was sitting in the club seats looking down the third base live when Gonzo hit that home run off Weaver in Game 4. It doesn't get any better.

I was also one of the idiots that stood up and clapped for Roger Clemens because it was his "Last Game".

Sucker!!!! :p I wish I could delete that segment off the 2003 DVD

2003 for me. I was sitting in the club seats looking down the third base live when Gonzo hit that home run off Weaver in Game 4. It doesn't get any better.

I was also one of the idiots that stood up and clapped for Roger Clemens because it was his "Last Game".

Sucker!!!! :p I wish I could delete that segment off the 2003 DVD

I konw. I felt stupid while I was doing it. But NOW.... I feel like a complete moron.