Everything posted by Starbrownies
-
2009 NBA Playoffs Thread
Heat run will end anyway after they get wiped out by the New York Cavaliers of Cleveland.
-
NFL Draft Thread
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...mp;aq=f&oq= lol.
-
Scott Olsen
He actually looks like he is maturing. Dude had some crazy moments on the mound and was mentally fragile. The Nats defense is somehow worse than the Marlins defense and even with them screwing up in the field for him he found out ways of getting out of jams. I don't feel bad for him though.
-
NFL Draft Thread
I agree with Fish Dynasty. Mark Sanchez, to me, has bust written all over him. Add to the fact that the Jets gave up two veteran defensive lineman, I think the Browns have won this trade for now. You don't even the trade. Get that right and then comment on it. You don't even the English. Get that right and then comment on it. I left "know" out, simmer down now. Stop busting my balls. And for the record, the Dolphins had EVERYTHING go right for them last year, I expect a big step backward especially with Noodleting playing QB.
-
We're on now on a seven game losing streak...
Where were you a week ago? hospital
-
We're on now on a seven game losing streak...
Is Starbrownies forgetting the Marlins are 2-1 against his Mutts so far this year. And for the record, taking out games against the Nats, the Mutts are only 6-9 which is hardly an explosive start. never said the mets were doing great. have a lot of rotation problems thus far and we can't hit with RISP at all despite having the top two hitters by average in the NL. As long as we make it out of April .500 or better I'll be okay with the start because success in baseball is all about sustaining streaks and if we can hold the fort until we get hot, I'm cool with it.
-
Hanley Ramirez
This is old news that he doesn't play hard. It's also old news, yet welcome news that the Marlins prevented the Mutts from making the playoffs each of the past 2 seasons, as is highlighted in that lovely sig of yours. ??? why you attacking me for? Hanley is the best hitting middle infielder in baseball but he doesn't play hard which is pretty obvious every time I watch him. If he played harder, he'd probably be the best player in baseball.
-
Hanley Ramirez
This is old news that he doesn't play hard.
-
We're on now on a seven game losing streak...
You guys went like 16-2 against the Nationals last year and 6 of your 11 wins are against the Nationals this year. You guys may be good in the future but I only think the reason why you guys had such a great start was because you beat up on the Nationals which every team does. There are bright spots on this team like the power and the starting pitching but now the bullpen is getting exposed and it will get overworked if the starters don't continue to pitch long into games. It's only April... April means nothing unless you either completely bury yourself with a 5-20 record or you completely run away with a 20-5 record.
-
NFL Draft Thread
I agree with Fish Dynasty. Mark Sanchez, to me, has bust written all over him. Add to the fact that the Jets gave up two veteran defensive lineman, I think the Browns have won this trade for now. You don't even the trade. Get that right and then comment on it.
-
NFL Draft Thread
The Pat White was questionable but I really liked the Smith and Davis picks.
-
Ryan Howard smoking pregame?
http://misterirrelevant.com/index.php/2009...-pregame-smoke/
-
4/11 Postgame Thread.
I was at the game. Nolasco looked fine, the Mets were hitting decent pitches. It was just one of those days for him. I only remember cringing on one of the Delgado pitches he really hung. He should be fine going forward. Penn and Miller also did not look as bad as their stat lines lead you to believe. They were getting hit, but they were consistently in the zone and weren't over matched. I'm more confident in Penn than Meyer after seeing both their initial outings. Penn's hook is still legit. EB hits the ball a lot harder than you expect as well. Those aren't flares into the outfield. Those are pretty solid knocks, and I think two of them came with 2 strikes. Hermida almost took one out as well, it died really deep on the right-center warning track and Church made a nice play to run it down. Cantu's error was tough. He made a really nice play to knock it down, but was really an idiot tossing it from the ground. Most disappointing pitch of the game to me was Paulino coming in and first pitch grounding out to end the maybe rally whatever inning that was. Crappy game, but I'm not very discouraged. Livan isn't going to deal like that all year. Tomorrow should be really interesting. forget the game. how were the women at the concert??
-
4/11 Postgame Thread.
I thought Nolasco threw harder. He was upper 80s, low 90s with his FB.
-
Winky vs PDubb - HBO Boxing
PDubb domianted from start to finish.
- Winky vs PDubb - HBO Boxing
-
Yahoo Power Rankings
The first month of the season means very little, which means first week trends can go to hell in my opinion.
-
Attendance for Saturday....
The hot, beautiful, sexy latin women that should be there, NONE of you guys should be on this forum during this game.
-
Angels Pitcher Nick Adenhart is Dead
I was JUST about to post this. Indeed, this is VERY sad.. RIP
-
Yankee Stadium/Citi Field
Anyone else think the Mets and Yankees should have played a Home and Home to open their ballparks? they should have done that. so dumb why they didnt do it.
-
MARLINS FANS, ARE YOU READY?
Good luck guys. Should be a good battle between you, the Braves and Gnats. LOL...and when the Marlins win the division, I cannot wait to hear the experts, Phillies, and Mets fans all crying their eyes out. First of 97 wins comes tomorrow. Book it. If the Marlins win 90 games this year, ban my IP.
-
MARLINS FANS, ARE YOU READY?
Good luck guys. Should be a good battle between you, the Braves and Gnats. Great looking pitching staff, not sure about the pen, the defense and the lineup has some question marks but lots of young talent.
-
Bonifacio to bat leadoff all the time
Loria is an amazing GM, what are you talking about?
-
Pick The First
Hit - Josh Johnson Double - Emilo Bonnifacio Triple - John Baker HR - Dan Uggla RBI - Dan Uggla Run Scored - Emilo Bonnifacio +1 Stolen Base - Hanley Ramirez Caught Stealing - John Baker Error - DAN UGGLA Win - Josh Johnson 1
-
2009 Predictions
American League East - Boston Red Sox Central - Minnesota Twins West - LA Angels Wildcard - Tampa Bay Rays Champion - Boston Red Sox MVP - Matt Holliday Cy Young - Francisco Liriano Rookie - David Price Manager - Ron Gardenhire HR Champ - Josh Hamilton National League East - New York Mets Central - Chicago Cubs West - Arizona Diamondbacks Wildcard - Philadelphia Phillies Champion - New York Mets MVP - Ryan Howard Cy Young - Johan Santana Rookie - Dexter Fowler Manager - Jerry Manuel HR Champ - Ryan Howard World Series Champion New York Mets