Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Starbrownies

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Starbrownies

  1. Its doubtful that Fredi has any intention of moving Bonifacio away from the leadoff spot, and it is both sad and frustrating. I got banned for a day saying that Bonferfaceio would come back down to earth. He's a mediocre AAAA player who got hot, you guys should have known that from seeing the Nats games last year. I think the lineup should be... LF - Hermedia - L C - Baker - L SS - Ramirez - R 3B - Cantu - R (move him back to 3rd even though he seems to be an excellent first basemen) 1B - Gload - L 2B - Uggla - R CF - Ross - R RF - Coghlan - R Uggla has been a disaster this year though, he needs to get on track.
  2. Hanley at leadoff or 3rd or whatever is scary. I prefer him at third in terms of hitting value.
  3. Joba's fist pump has been bashed so much, for no reason. If you're gonna bash him, bash Papelbon and KRod, as well. Not sure if this post is intended at me but I LOVE IT. I love when Reyes does all his celebrations, I love what KRod does on the mound especially when he had the sick goggles. I don't particularly care for what Joba/Pap does because I do not root for them at all but it doens't make me upset. I think it's emotion, joy for the game. Now, Joba and Pap may come off as smug but you really think Reyes is an asshole? You think KRod is an asshole? I don't.
  4. How will the Mets fade? Rotation - Solid with BY FAR the best pitcher in baseball. Bullpen - Strong back end with lots of power pitchers. Few weak links. Offense - Some of the best talent in baseball Defense - Solid Minor Leagues - Very solid system, have brought up many players in the past few seasons. Good veteran depth GM - Resources Willing to add if needed via trade. Mets aren't going to fade.
  5. lol... but they still lost. :thumbdown http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/media/vid...tent_id=4501049
  6. You have me dead to rights. Mets are a mediocre team right now. The Mets are actually chokers on a baseball field, to be fair. I agree. choked in 2006 PLAYOFFS choked with a what 8 game lead in 2007 to get to the PLAYOFFS and same in 2008, lead in September. We lost to the Marlins in their world series.
  7. Not surprised. He was somewhat rushed based on those 30+ at bats he had at the end of lat season.
  8. You have me dead to rights. Mets are a mediocre team right now.
  9. 8 walks in 53 innings, wow. JJ has 6 walks in 50 innings, btw. I'm not comparing at all b/c right now, Zach Grienke is just unreal...just sayin.' JJ has been sick but remember the DH.
  10. This is an active forum even for a mediocre team.
  11. Lol! There was a different tune around here a couple weeks ago in terms of standings. If Marlins want to stay with the big boys, you guys better hope Miller produces and Nolasco turns it around. Johnson is becoming a bonafide ace but one man cannot carry a pitching for an ENTIRE season. Mutts forum is that way --------> this is a NL east thread. i hardly discuss the mets on MARLINSbaseball but since this a NL east thread, why not?
  12. Forgot all about Volstad, he's pretty damn solid too. Mets have a ton of problems but they have top tier talent so I expect them to be there when it counts in October. Marlins have great potential and you guys will have your time but too young right now and young players get exposed after time until they are ready for prime time. That's why I am reading posts like Andrew Miller?? UHH and how Maybin isn't ready. I saw someone make a post a couple hours ago, saying everyone cant be HanRam and be a superstar first year in the majors, and it's so true obviously no matter how hyped up they are. Look at Phil Hughes of the Yanks. Guys were calling him the next Clemens after one no hit bid vs the Rangers and he's been awful since.
  13. Lol! There was a different tune around here a couple weeks ago in terms of standings. If Marlins want to stay with the big boys, you guys better hope Miller produces and Nolasco turns it around. Johnson is becoming a bonafide ace but one man cannot carry a pitching for an ENTIRE season.
  14. 8 walks in 53 innings, wow.
  15. didn't see a thread, per ESPN. Joe Girardi ruined his arm.
  16. 2k9 is the only game I play and 2k is the only series of games I ever play, been playing it was sega sports 2k for dreamcast. thing about me is that I can never keep a single team in association, I always change it like 5 games into the season. I was a major online 2ker but I can't play online unless its against friends or a HOF, simulation style league.
  17. Relapse is a beast of a CD. Every song is good.
  18. I don't believe Manny took PEDs!!! I don't believe it.
  19. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...&id=4136793 Just another reason... For Atlanta outfielder Jeff Francoeur, the search for a more disciplined approach is elusive and the source of occasional torment. Francoeur began this season with loose goals of 80 strikeouts and 50 to 60 walks. But he's always been an aggressive player, and he's wary of becoming too passive in the quest for a higher OBP. "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it up on the scoreboard?" Francoeur says.
  20. terrible pitcher. 3/36 uggggggggggh.
  21. Bonfacio coming way back down to earth. My lineup for you guys would be. lf- hermedia - L b - uggla - R ss- hanramirez - R 1b - cantu - R c - baker - L rf- ross - R2 cf - maybin - R 3b- bonafacio - S
  22. Marlins defense looked good. It's really hilarious how you show up after a Mets victory, yet you hide when the opposite occurs. I tend to stay away from the board whenever the Marlins play the Mets. I'll pop in the game day thread with a post here or there but mets win or mets loss, check my posts, I hardly post whenever we play each other. I'm serious though, Cody Ross made some catches that were probably the best in his career. Really ran down that rocket by Sheff. Is Hanley playing tomorrow?
  23. Great effort in the 2nd half but my goodness, will DWyane stop acting like a diva? Everytime he gets hit, he cries to the ref and stays on the ground for an eternity.
  24. Marlins defense looked good.
  25. jets trade up for Shonn Greene. my guess, Thomas Jones is gone.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.