Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trey05Marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Trey05Marlins

  1. Not too bad. I didn't know the Friday night thing was a big deal. I would have thought Friday and Saturday night were about the same. I would like to see a day game in the World Series. Sunday would be the best fit. I doubt they wuold do it, however.
  2. Yeah but he was playing up until March 17th, not like he missed all of spring training. I can take Gall in RF for a few more games, especially against lefties.
  3. Well I'd much rather him get the at-bats up here instead of Mendoza-line Borchard.
  4. Is he wearing any sort of padding on his knee to prevent further foul ball damage? And also, they should bring him back now, he has the same risk of getting reinjured playing for the Hammerheads or Isotopes as he does for the Marlins. It is clear he is playing good baseball. He is hitting and running and to my knowledge he hasn't made any errors in rehab apperances.
  5. 1. Hermida needs to return and start at RF immediately. 2. Dontrelle needs to prove he's the ace and the stopper of the staff and come up with a great start and pitch at least seven innings 3. Whoever plays in CF (Amezega, who can't hit lefties, or Abercrombie, who can't hit anyone) needs to step it up and get some key base hits or sacrifices (no K's please). 4. Get runs early in the game, even if it's only one in an inning. 5. We must play better defense. Eliminate the errors and come up with some web-gems.
  6. Just a complete embarassment for the club this weekend. It is always said but now we just need to focus on winning one game. If we can win the first game of the Pittsburgh series we are in okay shape. If we can win the series we will be in good position to finish off the trip well going into Tampa Bay. I fully expect to see Hermida starting in this next series.
  7. We seriously need a 3 run blast or a couple more extra base hits if we want to stay in the game
  8. We can't afford to go 20 games under this year. If we hit as much as 8 under the season is pretty much over in terms of thinking about the playoffs. The NL is too good and we are just not that good with the injuries and inconsistencies. At best we will play 500 ball, maybe a tad over. At this point, equalling last years win total would be miraculous.
  9. If the top of the order can't get some of these runs back the game is OVER! A sweep by the NATS!!! Un-F***IN-BELIEVABLE!!!
  10. I do get that same feeling that Gonzalez is acting pretty non-chalant about his players' performance. What this team really needs now is a closed-door clubhouse shakedown, which worked pretty well last year with Girardi. I completely agree. In fact, I wouldn't mind a closed door or an opened door or a tirade to the media Jim Leyland style. This team needs to find the passion and enthusiasm from last year. Outside of Hanley I haven't seen it
  11. Good to see Jacob's back, hopefully the top of the order can provide the runs because the bottom half sure won't!
  12. I've been giving Fredi Gonzalez the benifit of the doubt for a long time now, mainly because it's hard to define what a managing mistake is. You could be watching a game and find yourself saying, "I wouldn't make that move," or "If I was manager I would do this," but if things don't work out its not usually a mistake just agamble that didn't work out. I find myself during every game, either with pitching changes, pinch hitters, not bunting in sacrfice situations or any other managerial decisions screaming at my TV, "I wouldn't do that," or " If I was manager I would do this." Now, I can't say that if my decisions were made that it would turn some L's into W's, but it could and probably would. Fredi Gonzalez has made consistent mistakes while managing that have cost us several games. I can hear people saying now, "It's the players jobs to justify the managers decisions and win the games with the play on the field." Well you can't blame everything on the players. They have struggled some, I know, but the majority of last year they were an above .500% team, and now are struggling to stay near .500%. Last night for example, it was a tough situation with the rain delay, but the bullpen was mismanaged. Matt Lindstrom threw a great low-pitch 5th inning and you could tell he had his stuff working. They should not have pinch hit for him in the 6th. He could have thrown another scoreless inning or two. You might say that may not make a big difference but here's how I see it. Any time you have to rely on 5+ innings from a bullpen, you are really playing with fire when you bring in a new pitcher. Most of the time a reliever has it or he doesnt have it for an outing. The more pitchers you use, the more likely you are to get burned. I know there isn't a true long reliever in our pen, but I'm sure Lindstrom could've gone 2 or 3, and we've seen Gregg go 3, there is no use to try to spread out the innings if guys have their stuff and are throwing well. Also, I don't know why they pinch hit for Gall in the 7th. I know he was just called up and K'ed in a big situation in the 5th, but you replace him with Borchard, who if he would play 150 games would probably break the strikeout record. I would rather rely on Gall who was in the flow of the game and stood a better chance of getting a base hit. Also, if you are going to pinch hit for Gall than you have to follow precedent and pinch hit for Abercrombie, Right? Wrong. He couldn't waste another man on the bench when the pitchers spot was due up next so he had to leave Reggie in there to make the last out in a one pitch at-bat. 2 on, 1 out, and the inning failed. Finally, to the Jorge Julio decision. I'll try to make it short. Yeah Tank didn't have it going, but he just got a big K on a righty with the bases loaded, one out. It's his mess and he should have been the one to save us to the tenth or completely blow the game. Julio did well in his two appearances since the DL but Fredi made a big gamble on Jorge's and the entire team's mental state. and it failed. I can't imagine what's going on in Julio's head and for once I feel bad for him. The manager has consistently put him in a situation to fail. He was on the way back, a few more good outings in low pressure situations and he could have become the player he once was. Unfortunately this may be the final blow to Jorge, and what a shame.
  13. The way things look tonight maybe rain is a good thing, either we will play better when they resume or they can start the game over another time.
  14. As bad as Uggla has been doing, he'd do even worse if he isn't able to hit in front of Cabrera.
  15. We really need guys are betting at getting on base than trying to hit a cheap solo homer, especially towards the bottom of our order. Do you notice how we rarely ever have a pitcher up to bat in a sacrifice situation? I really hope we can settle in to a regular lineup of... Hanley Uggla Cabrera Jacobs Hammer Hermida Olivo de Aza Pitcher ...as soon as we can. That way we would also have Amezega, Boone and Borchard coming off the bench, which is where they belong.
  16. JJ

    Trey05Marlins replied to Iowa's topic in Miami Marlins
    Not too huge, he had great stuff last year!
  17. Yeah, the homers were only solo shots but the triple cleared the bases so in those two games he is... 8ab - 4h - 5rbi - 4r - 2hr - 1triple Again, hopefully we can see him Sat or Sun, definitely in Pittsburgh
  18. JJ

    Trey05Marlins replied to Iowa's topic in Miami Marlins
    Josh Johnson can and probably will end up being an Ace. Maybe not this year because of the injury, but if i had to predict the future he will be our opening day starter next year (and Game 1 of the 2007 NLDS starter if we are lucky).
  19. Don't know if this was posted already but here is how Jeremy did in Thursday's Hammerheads game 1st inning - Walk, scored on a Gaby Sanchez homer 3rd inning - Struck out 6th inning - Single to right, to second on a Gaby Sanchez single, to third on a Brad McCann flyout to right, scored on Andrew Jenkins double 7th inning - popped out to third Good to see is getting on base and is running well. I hope to see him in Washington!
  20. Fixing the typo, way to go, 19 is much more believable than 10!
  21. that cant be right, 26 runs but only 10 are earned?
  22. Great news on Hermida, he adds so much to our lineup. I'm not sure he should hit 1st or 2nd from the get-go however. For now, I would slot him at 6th when Jacobs is hitting 4th. If Boone is playing then Jeremy can hit 5th behind Hammer.
  23. We need to at least get 6 wins, and hopefully 7 or 8. We should be at .500% or better when we get home. Go Fish!
  24. Why is it a noon start instead of 1???
  25. It's a shame Miami can't get the best of both worlds. The Orange Bowl is part of Hurricanes Football and while I think change is good, it would be a shame to see the OB torn down, even if it results in the site becoming the new stadium for the Fish. Unfortunately the county and city just don't have enough money to give some to the 'Canes for OB renovations. But the alternative of cutting Marlins funding to help renovate the OB, leads me to be in favor of da 'U' moving to Dolphin Stadium.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.