Everything posted by Trey05Marlins
-
Miami Herald: OB is a lousy site for baseball
I have a question, I know Hialeah was looking to land the Marlins and I think that it would be a good place for them, but where is the land? Is there any site in Hialeah that would work for a baseball stadium?
-
Tigers beating the Yanks 14-0
16-0 now
-
Tigers beating the Yanks 14-0
Bottom of the 7th inning, Tigers still threatening.
-
If Cabrera to 1B next year...
Hahahaha! That's a good one. I don't think they will move either of these guys I just want to know what people think since so many say we should move Cabrera to 1B.
-
Hanley on First Take
Logically, Hanley should get attention and votes for MVP (including some first place votes). In reality, for someone on a 4th or 5th place team to win MVP, their stats would have to be unbelievable far and away better than everyone else in the league (see Andre Dawson). I'd love to see Hanley finish in the top three in MVP voting but it simply won't happen. There are too many guys having great seasons for better teams (see Prince Fielder).
-
If Cabrera to 1B next year...
Does Amezaga start full time? Do we bring up Lee Mitchell (Mudcats, nice OPS!)? Who would play 3B next year if Cabrera was moved to 1B?
-
Request...
I like the Cabs one even more. That was so awesome, anyone have it? You can see World Series highlights here. Too bad they didn't show Miggy's full at-bat. Those media player links don't work for me, sorry but can someone post some of these or give me the key to getting them to work.
-
Request...
Today MLB.com is doing a special about each teams most memorable home run (in honor of Barry B*nds). The Marlins' is of course Alex Gonzalez walk off shot in game four of the 2003 world series with honorable mentions going to Cabrera's blast of Roger Clemens in the same series, Hermida's pinch-hit grand slam in his first at bat and Devon White's grand slam to help win game three of the 1997 NLDS. Here is a link Notice how the announcers didn't care Anyway, can someone please youtube this because it is nowhere to be found and I want to be able to pull it up at anytime. Thanks.
-
Josh Johnson to have Tommy John Surgery
That's truly unfortunate news. Here's to a full recovery leading to a stornger and better JJ. I think this means Rick VandenHurk will definitely stick around this year and will probably go into next year as a probable 3rd or 4th starter. They are similar pitchers.
-
8/2 - Colorado Rockies at Florida Marlins
We are due for one of those games we hit 3-4 HR's. Hopefully the Holland Hammer can shut down the Rockies. I say the Fish will win 7-3. Can someone post the lineups as soon as they are available?
-
Miguel Cabrera
What a proffesional. 1st - He breaks his bat but is strong and lucky enough to drop it in RF for a double 3rd - He hits ANOTHER HR, again a no doubter. 5th - He hits an RBI infield single 8th - He hits an 0-2 pitch the opposite way to get an RBI single. If this guy doesn't win the silver slugger something is wrong with baseball.
-
Suggested Lineup
I hope Linden isn't platooned. He isn't consistent enough, and after a performance like last night, he should warm the bench at least another few days.
-
7/24/07: Marlins vs. Diamondbacks, 9:40 p.m. @ THE BOB!!!
I too approve of the new motto, "Win the damn game."
-
Suggested Lineup
SS Amezaga 2B Uggla 3B Cabrera 1B Jacobs LF Hammer CF Ross RF Hermida C Treanor P Mitre (or whoever is scheduled to start) Thought's? Suggestions?
-
Marlins uniform?
Home Jersey - White Pinstripe Road Jersey - Gray Alternate Jersey - Black Only one hat and batting helmet As for cleats, I don't know, haven't paid too much attention to that
-
All Star Roster Rant
I agree about the fan voting issue. It shouldn't be just fans determining the starters. Take a lesson from one of the few things the NFL does right. Combine the fans players and coaches votes to determine everything from the starters to the reserves to the pitchers
-
All Star Roster Rant
I understand why David Wright is starting at 3B and not Miguel Cabrera. Miguel is by far the best 3B whether you look at stats or how valuable a player is to his team (He leads the club in AVG, HR, and RBI, and they are all better than Wright) but because the fans vote there was no way he was going to start. He deserves to start but it will never happen as long as he is playing in Miami. We can argue all day on whether or not Hanley and Uggla deserve to be on the team. The only part I take offense to is the rule that each team must be represented. Because they had to reach and select Dmitri Young and Freddy Sanchez it took away vaulable spots for more deserving players. I'm all for trying to get each team represented but the fact is there are much more deserving players. Because of Dmitri Young, the NL is carrying four 1B, which is two too many most of the time (although I agree with having Lee, Pujols and Fielder this year) Because of Freddy Sanchez, the NL is carrying three 2B. I know if there were only two it would still be only Utley and Hudson and no Uggla. The point of all this, ask anyone what the most overloaded position in the NL is this year and they will tell you, Shortstop! Yet the roster only has two of them when you could argue that up to five deserve to be there (Reyes, Hardy, Hanley, Renteria, Rollins). Instead the team is loaded with people on the right side of the infield. It's no wonder the NL has lost like 10 games in a row!
-
Following last night's remarkable comeback...
I don't remember the date but in '03 shortly after we got Conine back he hit a 3-run homer in the 7th in a home game agianst the Phillies. We were down 3-0 at the time and came back to win and I remember a really uplifting feeling after that ballgame.
-
Matt Dominguez
In that report sounds like he's mostly average, if so, why take him 12 overall, I'd rather go with a pitcher like we have done almost every single year.
-
Matt Dominguez
I agree, I hope they aren't drafting him because they expect Cabrera to be gone. BTW, sweet username, RipkenisGod, I'd have to agree, I grew up an O's fan primarily until 1993
-
Any News?
I understand it's not a big baseball market, but looking towards the future they need to keep the following players. Cabrera, Hanley, Hermida and Jacobs. I'm not sure on which pitchers they should lock up. Everyone will say Dontrelle, but he will be too much of a bargaining chip to hold on to. They will probably go with JJ, Mitre and Olsen.
-
Who is our closer?
It's Henry Owens, but since he's on the DL I'd like to see Lindstrom get a shot, I like his stuff.
-
Lineups, Get Your Lineups!!!
Hermida, what a pleasant site. He needs to prove himself to get that 2-spot but i think he will eventually.
-
Hermida's Back
I sure hope so! Here's another link, it's possible Jacobs was added to DL to make room. Sun-Sentinel
-
Hermida's Back
THANK GOD!!! Someone who hit's over .200 and will be on base a lot! Thank you!!! Cheers to Jeremy, pick up the ballclub please.