Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trey05Marlins

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Trey05Marlins

  1. I love Hanley, total man-crush. That was 858 feet of home runs!
  2. Even Don Denkinger thinks that's a bad call.
  3. That was a HORRIBLE TERRIBLE call. The WRONG call, not even close. What a joke. Fredi should have got ejected for that too.
  4. Wow, looks like I was a few seconds late on the lineup posting.
  5. Lineups WASHINGTON Lopez Belliard Zimmerman Kearns Milledge Pena Boone Nieves Perez FLORIDA Ramirez Uggla Hermida Willingham Jacobs Cantu Ross Treanor Olsen I'm surprised. I thought with a lefty we would see Wes Helms. I also would have liked to see Andino get another start at 2B. Hopefully those guys will get pinch hitting opportunities today.
  6. Win the game and the series!
  7. Start the "Move Nolasco to Bullpen and Waechter to Rotation" Bandwagon
  8. Let's stay undefeated against the Nationals! This is the day Andrew Miller become a major league pitcher!
  9. Win the game.
  10. I have no problem with the finger pointing, I figured he either had family or friends or fans there. It's the bat flip which is over the top, especially for a guy in his first full season. Also it wasn't his home ballpark. Hopefully Nolasco teaches him a lesson.
  11. JOSIAS MANZANILLO sprinting to the dugout! Bring back memories?
  12. I found these power rankings on Bugs and Cranks. I don't usually read that site because they never mention the Marlins, but I like these rankings, plus the descriptions for each team are midlly amusing.
  13. Oh, the Braves' Escobar kid is pretty good. If I was pitching tonight I would plunk him. Not dangerously though, just hit him in the butt or lower back.
  14. So how much do you think ESPN will move us up if we finish the sweep of the Braves tonight? Do I hear one, maybe two? What's that, zero?
  15. I agree pitching wins, but for his sake our pitching better be good in 2011... because I know our hitters will... it should be in the middle though... no scoreboards or gaps... please. How many home runs do we get gipped out of annually because of our park, and in the same opposite effect how many extra runs does Philly get to make their offense look so damn good? I don't care if our hitters don't look good, and the Phillies hitters do, because of parks. As long as we are winning more, I don't care what the park dimensions are.
  16. Hudson will be a tough task for the hitters. I'm also a little worried about Hendrickson, I think he might be due for a tough outing. But, the fish will win anyway. Go Marlins!
  17. I like Hop. He can be very serviceable for us this year. Mitre has shown if you have a good sinker, then you can get a lot of hitters out.
  18. I love the guys name, it's one of those great sounding baseball names like Dan Uggla, Marco Scutaro, Coco Crisp. It's funny too because he's a pitcher and has "Slo" in his name. Anyway, we don't need him.
  19. The problem is that signing players long term isn't the only option. Hanley is the only one that should be locked up long term right now. Guys like hermida, hammer, jacobs, and uggla if you decide you want them around longer, it's only going to be their first year of arbitration, so sign some one year deals or let the arbitrators decide. No need to sign any of them long term, not even Hermida, who has yet to show he can complete a full season with a high level performance. I agree, as of right now Hanley is the only player worth signing to a multiyear deal. Other player who I think could warrant consideration depending on how they do this year include the following: Hammer, Olsen, Jacobs. It'd be nice to lock in Hammer at a decent price for several years. He is the new Mr. Marlin and he doesn't put up great numbers but he is good and good for the team. If Scott Olsen shows he can be an ace then we should lock him in before he improves even more. The same theory applies to Jacobs and even Hermida, but they would have to have monstrous years.
  20. Win the game. Go Scotty!
  21. I think Hanley is the only player eligble for arbitration that we should lock up long term right now. My philosophy is that once is an accident, twice is a trend, and three times is when it becomes established fact. Hanley won rookie of the year, followed it up with an MVP-like year, and looks to be on the same pace this year. Therefore he DEFINITELY falls into the category. Hermida may move into that category for me depending on how he does this year. Health is the number one concern for him.
  22. I don't think Anibal, JJ and Mitre will make it, due to time spent on the 60-day DL.
  23. Hey, Since it was an off day and I had nothing better to do, I was trying to go through the roster and the organization and come up with what I thought the 2009 opening day lineup will be. I am uncertain though on which Marlins players will be eligible for arbitration this offseason. I know it has to do with service time just not how much is needed and which players will reach that level. I would think it would be the following: Hanley Ramirez Dan Uggla Mike Jacobs Jeremy Hermida Josh WIllingham Scott Olsen Is there any I missed?
  24. Wow, I haven't seen those either, but they looks similar to some old ones. Maybe someone just made these. The official renderings will be out in July, according to the team.
  25. Okay, hear me out on this one: Milwaukee has the racing sausages . . . . Pittsburgh has the racing pierogies . . . . Washington has the racing presidents . . . . . . . our new park should have the racing pastelitos! Think about it! I'd go crazy in the seventh inning with a race between "Pastelito de Carne," "Pastelito de Guayaba," "Pastelito de Queso," and "Pastelito de Guayaba y Queso!" WHO WOULDN'T!?!?!? (of course, this brainstorm came to me while having dinner at Duffy's in Boynton Beach while watching the Marlins-Nationals and Mets-Phillies and Royals-Yankees and Cubs-Pirates and Masters all on the TVs in front of me -- talk about multi-media overload!) I disagree, I like the Brewers creativity and don't like that it's being copied. We should think of our own 7th inning stretch activity that doesn't involve large headed mascots racing. Yea... like Marlins Mermaids KY Wrestling WINNER!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.